Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is this right? What do you do? (Read 1620 times)
Rebecca

USA
Is this right? What do you do?
Oct 23rd, 2009 at 8:16pm

I have the hardest time "phasing" while meditating.  I usually lay down, relax, focus on my breathing, and just "be."  Eventually I lose much of the feeling in my body, but I don't "go" anywhere.  I think I just expect something to happen, sometimes it does, most of the time is doesn't.

So I decided to get to the point where I don't really feel much of my body and then try to move my conciousness into the darkness in front of my eyes.  Instantly it felt like I was moving forward in the darkness and I almost completely lost feeling in my body.  I had to stop because the phone rang at that moment (grrr...), but is that what you're supposed to do?  I can't wait to experiment again!  Any other tips would be helpful.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Is this right? What do you do?
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 9:43pm

Hi Rebecca,

I have had the same problem.  One suggestion is to relax in a quiet setting, and picture yourself in a very familiar place.  In another part of your house or, if at work, in your favorite chair or couch at home.  Relax and realize where everything is.  In a non-hurried way, see the details of the rug, the paintings on the walls, etc.  At some point, you may phase out while doing this and find yourself there, or someplace else.  I used this technique in a train while meditating, and though I initially pcitured myself in my den couch, I then proceeded to have an OOBE where I walked around my bedroom and felt the wooden floor, and saw a towel that was left on the floor near the bathroom.  While I was walking around, I then became aware that I was in a train, and briefly wondered what would happen if I couldn't rouse myself before my stop.  Instantly, I was back in the train. 

Was this a true OOBE?  It felt more real than reality at the time.  However, it could have been a lucid dream.  But this imagination method may work.  I think it sometimes is counterproductive to concentrate on "getting out" of your body.  The greater reality is - there is no body.  Your consciousness exists in a plane which penetrates the physical world, but is, at the same time in a mental plane on its own.  So the idea that the "you" must overcome a physical boundary, is perhaps not the right way to think about it. 

Where are you when you dream?  Clearly you are somewhere else in the mental/spiritual planes.  Your body does not have to be overcome while dreaming.  Nor does it have to while awake.

I believe many OOB experiences are lucid dreams.  This, in my opinion, in no way takes away from their importance or reality.  It just may mean that some of us don't truly travel around in the physical world like a whisp of smoke. 

Some people, when relaxed, ask for assistance to pray for an experience that will be for the greatest good.  They set intent, while completely relaxed, then, see what happens.  I believe this general deep setting of intent works better than trying to struggle out of your body - but that is my experience.

Anyway, if you keep going through relaxed meditation, you will have many different experiences.  For myself, if i get very relaxed, and don't feel anything is happening, I will often take advantage of that state to set intent.  I will give myself some suggestion in that state of mind to make something happen the next day.  This is the most conducive state to change probabilities in the future.  It is the state I believe magicians and shamans in days of old used to access.

So if you find that you are not traveling, try stating intent instead, and watch what happens over the next week or so.

Best of luck,

Matthew

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 12:59am

I agree with the last poster. And yes, imagination is Key. Meditation is like sitting in a car, and imagination is like turning the ignition, and starting to drive. Smiley

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 8:50am

Rebecca,

Yes, this is right -- congrats!
That sense of moving forward is the key to phasing. And so is imagination -- as a gateway. Just emphasize in your imagining that you are  especially moving your face forward. You are thereby pushing forward your third eye or agydala or whatever is doing this, and that is the other key.

Don't pay attention to your body, because turning your attention to it turns your attention away from the moving forward.  Hopefully it is loaded with lots of deep breathing and caring consideration/PUL, so it is ready.  You are not using your physical self for this, so once it is relaxed you can forget it.

You are in a super-sensitive state while phasing so it would be good if you could turn off the phone, but being a child's mother is more important. Maybe your phone has a real soft ring tone you could turn on, at least during these sessions?

Bets  Smiley

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 3:07pm

Rebecca,

When you start to feel a sort of buzzing near your head and sleep paralysis (Hypnogogic sleep) makes if impossible to move your body you are almost ready to OOBE

Not many people achieve this conscious OOBE

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.