Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print
My problem with reincarnation and karma (Read 37917 times)
Seraphis1

ALK Member

Re: My problem with reincarnation and karma
Reply #30 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 11:17pm

<<obdude writes: Not sure why you asked, or why you wanted me to know you are open to other ideas, but..>>

I was curious as to your information sources... I don't suggest there are any really correct or incorrect answers... but it is good from my point of view to know the sources.. even if we come from the same source each of us will see or interpret the information differently... I don't think there is a right of wrong here there is only a viewpoint Cool

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #31 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 11:18pm

I have one question for the board.. has anyone here talked to a CW (consciousness worker) at the planning center of focus 27?  With respect to Swedenborg what his guides told him may not have been understood clearly by him… throughout Moen and Monroe’s work the CW’s always say what we are telling you is told in a way you can best understand it… Swedenborg may not have understood the phantom phenomena… Monroe reports three phantoms connected with one life time in which he was speared in the back. He released all three over a number of years. Just a thought.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #32 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 1:20pm

I sought to get the answer from the horse's mouth (I had a different name in mind as I did so), and going by the responses I received a higher self/oversoul/I-there/disk/horse's mouth/whatever term you use, sends out numerous incarnating selves, and each self incarnates just one time.

Eventually each self returns to its disk/horse's mouth/whatever term you use, and absorbs the lessons of all of the other selves that were projected.

Each disk is a member of a soul group (Robert Monroe might use the term "I-there cluster), and lessons can be obtained from other soul group members. Lessons can be learned by merging with other members.

Of course, not all people receive the same answer when they speak to the horse's mouth.

Seraphis1 wrote on Oct 24th, 2009 at 9:47pm:
Lots of speculation here. All you have to do is go to the hall of records and talk to the cw's (consciousness workers) in the planning center and the other Moen areas in focus 27... why not get the answers from the horses mouth. Cool

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 3:05pm

Let's remember something very basic about this whole reincarnation thing.

When we are born, do we say to ourselves "oh boy, here I am again, great to be alive again!"

No.  We have no recollection of having a prior life (except for what is recalled under hypnosis or the deja vu experience, neither of which proves anything).

So, as we go about our daily lives, what difference does it make if we lived before or if we didn't?  If we don't remember, the net effect is zero.

The whole "debate" is basically pointless and somewhat silly.

If I lived before and have no memory of it, that's the same thing as not having lived before.  Simple as that.

R

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #34 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 3:33pm

I agree. It is pointless to debate reincarnation... and thereby isn't it also pointless to debate the afterlife unless you have pertinent experiences or at least think you have them. Some people feel they have pertinent experiences with reincarnation.

If there is reincarnation it most likely has little to do with the here and now for the little us and everything to do with the bigger "us" if there is such a being.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #35 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 3:56pm

Roger:

I don't believe it's that simple. When people believe in reincarnation in a conventional and linear way, the following can happen.

-They become depressed because not only do they have to deal with the difficulties of this life, they have to deal with the difficulties of numerous lives. On the other hand, a person who doesn't believe in reincarnation might be more likely to maintain a positive attitude because he (or she) believes that only one physical life needs to be dealt with.

-Some people end up following gurus because they believe a guru will empower them to become enlightened and avoid having to reincarnate. I believe it is a mistake to hand another person the key to our spiritual welfare.

-Some people believe that bad things happen to people because of karma. For example, a child gets beaten by his parents because past life actions make it so he deserves to beaten.

If one believes that a parent abuses a child for reasons that have nothing to do with what a child deserves, one can view such a child as perhaps a very brave soul who took on the burden of incarnating into a lifetime where he will undeservingly get abused by his parents.

Some people become lackadaisical because they believe that past life karma prevents them from changing their life situation.

-People who believe in reincarnation will consider past life issues when trying to figure out their psychological issues. Because hypnosis can lead to false memories, they might consider issues that dont apply.

rondele wrote on Oct 26th, 2009 at 3:05pm:

When we are born, do we say to ourselves "oh boy, here I am again, great to be alive again!"

No.  We have no recollection of having a prior life (except for what is recalled under hypnosis or the deja vu experience, neither of which proves anything).

So, as we go about our daily lives, what difference does it make if we lived before or if we didn't?  If we don't remember, the net effect is zero.

If I lived before and have no memory of it, that's the same thing as not having lived before.  Simple as that.

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #36 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 4:08pm

Regarding it being pointless to debate an issue such as reincarnation, doesn't a person start the debate as soon as he or she does something such as write a book stating that reincarnation exists? Perhaps a rebuttal is in order.

An exchange of ideas takes place even when one person does the talking.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #37 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 11:22pm

R

Hi: The problem is many people do remember... children particularly remember and can't use the information.

Wink

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #38 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 11:25pm

recoverer wrote on Oct 26th, 2009 at 3:56pm:
Roger:

I don't believe it's that simple. When people believe in reincarnation in a conventional and linear way, the following can happen.

-They become depressed because not only do they have to deal with the difficulties of this life, they have to deal with the difficulties of numerous lives. On the other hand, a person who doesn't believe in reincarnation might be more likely to maintain a positive attitude because he (or she) believes that only one physical life needs to be dealt with.

-Some people end up following gurus because they believe a guru will empower them to become enlightened and avoid having to reincarnate. I believe it is a mistake to hand another person the key to our spiritual welfare.

-Some people believe that bad things happen to people because of karma. For example, a child gets beaten by his parents because past life actions make it so he deserves to beaten.

If one believes that a parent abuses a child for reasons that have nothing to do with what a child deserves, one can view such a child as perhaps a very brave soul who took on the burden of incarnating into a lifetime where he will undeservingly get abused by his parents.

Some people become lackadaisical because they believe that past life karma prevents them from changing their life situation.

-People who believe in reincarnation will consider past life issues when trying to figure out their psychological issues. Because hypnosis can lead to false memories, they might consider issues that dont apply.

R

Nice points. Yes, people who trip into past lives can and do become bewildered and frustrated by not knowing what it is all about. Particularly if they think the thing goes on, on without respite. It can be a Hell! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 8:58am

The bottom line (at least for me) is this:  Regardless of whether reincarnation exists or not, the real point is how we live the life we have right now.

If you believe in the life review that many people have experienced during a NDE, they all say the same thing.  Namely, what's important is what we did (or didn't do) in the life we just completed.

We can spend our entire life debating or speculating about this or that until the cows come home.  If that's how we want to use what limited time we have here on earth, that's our decision.

But to do so inevitably will take our eyes off the prize.  We can be completely ignorant regarding the afterlife and reincarnation or completely informed about all of the pros and cons.  Doesn't matter.

What matters is how we live our life in the here and now.  I would bet that 100 years from now, or 1000, folks will still be wondering about the same things that are discussed right now, just as they have throughout human history.

ps- Albert, I agree with you that believing in karma can cause people to ignore the plight of the less fortunate on the basis that they are just getting their "payback" from the sins of a past life. 

But if everyone really followed the golden rule, they would help those people in any event.

Sometimes I think the belief in karma is simply a convenient excuse to be complacent about the plights of others.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #40 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 9:31am

I think that perhaps the people who are looking at the karma of others are missing the point. That's like Christians who look at the sins of others and judge them based on what they perceive.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #41 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 9:52am

Beau wrote on Oct 27th, 2009 at 9:31am:
I think that perhaps the people who are looking at the karma of others are missing the point. That's like Christians who look at the sins of others and judge them based on what they perceive.

The concept of reincarnation is widely accepted among non-Christians, probably because it appeals to many who would like to believe that they would be given a second chance in case they failed to make the grade in this life.

Christianity disputes reincarnation because it is unnecessary, since anybody can "make the grade" simply through an act of their own will through faith in Jesus Christ.

The scientific rebuttal to reincarnation is quite simple. Because of the population explosion, more people are currently living on the earth than have ever lived on the earth for the entire history of humankind. In other words, over half of the people who have ever lived on earth have never died even once! There simply are not enough dead souls to go around for a second time. This does not absolutely eliminate reincarnation, but it does severely restrict its extent, especially for those who have claimed to have lived several times before.

However, some people believe that souls can be reincarnated into or from animals. In that case, it is possible that many people have been frogs or even a microbe before they reincarnated as humans

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 11:14am

Alan-

Well, true believers in reincarnation explain the math problem by saying that we lived "before" on other planets in other universes, or even on multiple earths that co-exist with our planet in other dimensions.

The genuine new-ager will come up with any number of theories to get around the math problem.  Like existing as a fish on a watery planet.

New-agers are certainly entertaining if nothing else.

R

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #43 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 11:16am

Hi all: I'm going through Moen's quadrilogy for the second time and in the first book chapter II page 82 he describes his first encounter with the Disk... part of the structure of the Oversoul cluster he could see and interact with... it is germane to this conversation... another great source for oversoul protocols is Lobsang rampa... he has a great theory concerning Joan of Arc as a short in the silver cord filaments caused by entanglement... the warrior spirit that entered JoA was not supposed to be there...  Grin

IP Logged

vagabound
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 11:25am

Quote:
We can spend our entire life debating or speculating about this or that until the cows come home.  If that's how we want to use what limited time we have here on earth, that's our decision.

But to do so inevitably will take our eyes off the prize.  We can be completely ignorant regarding the afterlife and reincarnation or completely informed about all of the pros and cons.  Doesn't matter.

What matters is how we live our life in the here and now.

I don't think that for any of us, posting messages on this board takes up the whole day. I enjoy comunicating with you guys and since we all are interested in these kinds of topics, it just makes sense to talk about it. I don't think that any of us would prefer discussing a neighbours obsession with hats.

Quote:
In other words, over half of the people who have ever lived on earth have never died even once!

Don't forget the possibility of starting in the future, since those lives are probably easier (better for beginners).

have a nice day,
Vagabound

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.