Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
My problem with reincarnation and karma (Read 37895 times)
Seraphis1

ALK Member

Re: My problem with reincarnation and karma
Reply #15 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 9:47pm

Lots of speculation here. All you have to do is go to the hall of records and talk to the cw's (consciousness workers) in the planning center and the other Moen areas in focus 27... why not get the answers from the horses mouth. Cool

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #16 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 11:48pm

Many who have intense recollections of a past life may have merged with another deceased human in the mental/spiritual plane.  Since in that realm, thoughts and memories are conveyed immediately and in large quantities, we might at first access the memories and emotions of another, and say "wow, that must have been me," whereas, in fact we merely had a close encounter where we could see, feel and taste another person's memories in such detail that we assumed it had to be our own memory.  This is what Don refers to with the discarnate possession talk (I think).

In texts such as the Bardo Thodol (Tibetan Book of the Dead), there is an underlying theme, that for the average person who dies, rebirth is inevitable, unless he/she can recognize the death process and deny their attachment to the physical world (which keeps drawing them back again and again). 

What the reincarnationists don't take into account are two factors; namely, love and free will.  If the universe runs on love (PUL), and if we die and are, essentially loving people, then theoretically, we meet others in focus 27 or other heavens, and learn about our spiritual existence.  We help others, and are helped in turn.  In that setting, might we voluntarily reincarnate?  Sure.  Then again, we might help others who just crossed over, or try to go into the hollow heavens or hells as retrievers.  What do we do?  Why whatever takes us in the path of love, and our free will.

A reincarnationist may say that we actually use our free wills in reincarnating, because we are so attached to earthly things that the illusions of the immediate afterlife send us into goose chases that end with us in a womb ready to repeat the entire process.  I say, bunk.

Perhaps, if a person is not met by loved ones when they die (and reports are that a vast majority of people are met), and didn't believe that they would survive death, perhaps then they might be so fooled that they would reincarnate hanging on to the only thing they understood (earthly life).  However, this would not describe the majority of people who die. 

If love and free will exist then, in my opinion reincarnation certainly is not inevitable - though it may be possible. 

M

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #17 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 12:36am

I think reincarnation exists merely because our supersouls needs as much experience as possible in order to learn as much as possible, and I believe we do have choices but we decide whether or not to assertively make them, or to just 'drift with the tide' so to speak.

Since in the spiritual there is no time, all incarnations are happening in an eternal simultaneous 'now', and it makes more sense to look at it as 'multi-incarnations' rather than reincarnations, since our supersoul can have many incarnations of itself in the same time line as well as the past and the future. That's why we have 'soulmates' and 'soulgroups' I assume. I think 'past life memories' come from our other probes that are the most influential to the lessons needed to be learned in this life.

I think our original poster is very bitter, biased, and closed minded about the idea of reincarnation and karma based on misinformation.

I don't believe that anything is 'inevitable' and we are doomed to certain experiences. If we are made of the love of God, so to speak, then we always have a choice, we just have to become aware of that. Smiley

IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Reply #18 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 12:49am

Let's take the Buddhist view a bit further.  After one takes Refuge vows to become a Buddhist (taking refuge in the Buddha, the dharma and the sangha), one eventually takes the Bodhisattva vow.  In doing so, one vows to continue on this earth, in however many rebirths it takes and however enlightened one might have become, until all sentient beings have become enlightened.  In other words, one commits through compassion, PUL, whatever you call it, to serve others for the benefit of all, seflessly and endlessly.  Exactly what enlightenment leads to is a bit fuzzy to me, but it seems to include leaving the ELS for a better place, but I certainly hope not a "sitting on the right hand of God" sort of place, which certainly sounds boring.

One version of the Buddhist cosmology has souls taking rebirth at all levels (in the six classic realms for example and as all sorts of beings, based on karma, not necessarily in an ever upward sequence, whatever "upward" means) and on worlds throughout the universe which seems to be far more vast than we can imagine.  While my initial interpretation of that several years ago was that all such worlds were physical worlds, but why should they not include nonphysical worlds?

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #19 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 1:08am

The idea that we, as individual points of perception, may reincarnate as a shrub or piece of sea weed, strikes me as a bit odd.  Even in reincarnationist circles I have heard tales that this rarely happens. 

If we are mistaken in thinking of ourselves as separate from God and the universe, then what exactly is reincarnating?  And why? 

Could a person reincarnate out of love for other earthly souls (loved ones, family members) in order to guide them, help them?  Possibly.  I have often thought that I have such a relationship with my seven-year-old son - that I would have willingly been born to be here for him. 

However, the idea that we, in large numbers reincarnate out of compassion to guide the rest of humanity out of the earth life system doesn't hold much water.  Why not help them when they cross over?  Meet them, guide them toward love, and take them to a rehab center in focus 27 (and then beyond)? 

Matthew

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #20 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 4:24am

Guys I am not mocking reincarnation or karma after all millions if not billions believe in it in some way or the other.

My real problem with it is , if I have indeed existed in a previous life I have forgotten it in total, so the person I was then is for all purposes dead?.

And how can I improve on my mistakes in a past life if I have no recall about it in this present life??

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #21 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 11:24am

Alan

Do YOU Alan reincarnate or does your YOU disc reincarnate?

But, assuming you do have a disc or oversoul or whatever, do you have acces to all the memories of the disc?

I don't think you can treat YOU Alan (ie the individual) as a concrete thing, although in C1 that is exactly what we do. We assume it is fixed , Is it?

Here's another point:
Perspective.
When we are here in C1, we tend to view and recall events from one perspective. But when I hear stories of life reviews, I hear that the individual experiences the event from the perspectives of all parties involved. From a 360 degree perspective. How can that happen?

"And how can I improve on my mistakes in a past life if I have no recall about it in this present life??"

Doesn't this assume that things are ordered a particular way? A way that makes sense in C1 but may not hold in the greater perspective of multiple layers of conciousness?

I think I have unkowingly struggled with this myself for many years because I expect to be able to create a model of the world based on words, which start in C1. Events will present themselves and I will think I am acting logically and of course maturely (!) but nothing resolves. But sometimes when I let go it resolves in an unexpected way. (not the real big problems but sometimes the intermediate ones). Perhaps that is my oversoul stepping in and finding a new way to approach it. It's not something I seem to do either with logic or with visualization (like in The Secret .)

To improve on your mistakes in a past life you need to know what the goal of being here is, and there doesn't seem to be great agreement on what that is. Perhaps that is because we try to frame the goal in language, which is a product (subset) of C1, but the answer is only found on some meta level or in some meta language. (or meta conciousness).

Regarding your question about the person you were in a past life being dead....well sometimes I feel the person I was 5 or 10 years ago is dead. So what does that mean? Besides, some mystics sometimes say the person I was 5 seconds ago is "dead".

Of course, then you have to ask "what is memory?" and I don't know the answer to that.

OK maybe we could start there. What IS memory? It seems so self-evident that we don't often stop to pick it apart. And I can usually distinguish memories of events from memories of, say, dreams, but I don't know what I amn doing. So I think memory is a slippery slope anyway.

IP Logged

vagabound
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 12:21pm

Quote:
so the person I was then is for all purposes dead?

well, that's a tricky one; exactly what is "dead" when talking about life after life and an everlasting now?
Neither the spirit which was in the body is dead, nor is the "person" which still exists in its earthtime and environment.
I can't tell you where the material, that the body was or will be made of, is at this point; nature uses everything. I wouldn't count on it that it's just laying around dead.

Quote:
And how can I improve on my mistakes in a past life if I have no recall about it in this present life?

You don't need to remember it; it's in you; all you've learned is a part of you.

cheers,
Vagabound

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #23 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 2:17pm

Hi all: Here is another angle on the reincarnation issue... time is not consecutive... depending on what the oversoul needs, it will send its soul members into any number these on going life time lines... those of you who know about the simultaneous incarnations of complex oversoul pods or disks will understand what I am talking about... those who don't need to read Bruce Moen's quadrilogy.  Cheesy

IP Logged

vagabound
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 3:39pm

@Seraphis1: Ally already mentioned this (just thought you may wanna read it in case you skipped it).

What I wonder though is, would it make a difference in the quality of your experience? If you (the oversoul) send only a part (you called it member) of yourself; either the one who needs it the most or the one that you think has the best chance of mastering it, will you be able to make the whole experience yours and feel comfortable with it? Won't there be some aspects missing?

cheers,
Vagabound

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #25 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 4:04pm

It is a tricky subject, the whole realm of reincarnation really. It is pretty hard to think outside the box on this and without that ability it is kind of waste of thought to speculate, but it seems to me that if time is as yet undefined outside of C1, then how could one draw any conclusion that seems completely based on time. On one hand it seems to me that Alan's evidence to nullify reincarnation is weak, but not really any weaker than the arguments for it. If we are just the fraction of our Self then I am quite sure the small we does not make the decision to reincarnate. We are the player/character but the actor/inspiration is the whole which we can only find in certain sweet moments of this life. If the mystery were so easy to unravel as basing it on "inside the box" thinking even science would have figured it out by now.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #26 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 6:07pm

<<@Seraphis1: Ally already mentioned this (just thought you may wanna read it in case you skipped it).

What I wonder though is, would it make a difference in the quality of your experience? If you (the oversoul) send only a part (you called it member) of yourself; either the one who needs it the most or the one that you think has the best chance of mastering it, will you be able to make the whole experience yours and feel comfortable with it? Won't there be some aspects missing?

cheers,
Vagabound>>

Hi Vagabound: Don't know what you know about the Oversoul..., but, my information is this.... a very complex oversoul pod contains the Master oversoul... which never incarnates.... it sends the Monads... sub-oversoul structures... light bodies of beings into the physical universe to have experiences... the Master Oversoul is orchestrating all the Monads on filaments (silver cords)... there can be hundreds of these Monads operating all at once in a dynamic multitasking action... it is amazingly complicated and profound... just finished guidelines at TMI and I encountered my own self... my real oversoul self... I am the most amazingly beautiful man you ever saw in your life... I was worshiping myself... luckily Bob Monroe as a limiter in the return instructions that says... leave all emotion behind... I could not have sustained the radiation of myself had I carried it back to the physical plan as it was I nearly burned out the receptors of many of my fellow students when I discussed it... all they could do to protect themselves from the radiation was to reduce my experience to childish jokes and left handed ridicule, but, I understand the process lucky for me. Hope non of you who read this are upset or disturbed... Huh

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #27 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 8:08pm

Vagabound

Why would the oversoul feel it's experience as an individual incarnation was not wholey their own, or that something was missing from the experience?  The oversoul IS the incarnation.  They are one.  The totality of the oversoul's consciousness cannot operate in the physical dimension alone- it is a multidimensional being operating in many modes of reality simultaneously.  That does not negate or lessen the reality or importance of its experiences in any of these multiple realities- they are all aspects of its total experience.  A less complex way to look at it is that the oversoul is multitasking, and its physical incarnations are simply one of its many tasks.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #28 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 10:28pm

<<Out of body dude writes: Why would the oversoul feel it's experience as an individual incarnation was not wholey their own, or that something was missing from the experience?  The oversoul IS the incarnation.  They are one.  The totality of the oversoul's consciousness cannot operate in the physical dimension alone- it is a multidimensional being operating in many modes of reality simultaneously.  That does not negate or lessen the reality or importance of its experiences in any of these multiple realities- they are all aspects of its total experience.  A less complex way to look at it is that the oversoul is multitasking, and its physical incarnations are simply one of its many tasks.>>

Hi Oobd: Just out of curiosity, have you read all of Moen's books?  Moen doesn't have to be right, just want you to know I am open to other ideas.  Wink

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #29 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 10:53pm

Seraphis1

Not sure why you asked, or why you wanted me to know you are open to other ideas, but..

I read a couple of Moen's books.  I really didn't get much out of them.. I learned a few new things, but nothing groundbreaking. 

My beliefs about the oversoul come from a mixture of the work of Monroe, Jane Roberts/Seth, Bashar, Robert Bruce, and of course my own personal experience with my HS.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.