Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
My problem with reincarnation and karma (Read 37908 times)
vagabound
Ex Member

Re: My problem with reincarnation and karma
Reply #105 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 7:36am

hi detheridge,

Quote:
If you miss out on this time, it could be a while until the conditions are right again for you, and that could mean many thousands of years hence.

What I meant is, you do not have to wait for the future (on earth) in order to reincarnate, it's all there, from dawn til dusk.
Yes, time is a curious thing and from the other side navigating through earthtime is just like walking to the next block or back down the road.

"the knowledgeable folks here"  Smiley ; I know all we can go by is personal experience. I'm here because I've found some explanations here for things I've experienced. When you see or feel a soul split, the first thing that comes to your mind is you're losing it. Here I find comfort in the experiences of others, who think that's perfectly normal.

anyway, have a nice day,
Vagabound
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2009 at 6:07am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #106 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 9:39am

If they were denouncing reincarnation then I'd say it's a pretty sure thing that it's true, in one form or another. I don't trust the foundations of the Church, but I think Jesus is pretty cool. I like him because I don't have to take anyone's word for what he did and was. And the Jews do believe in a form of reincarnation that is simply called "Coming Back". It's not talked about but it's known. I would not trust any Christian source that was using scripture as proof, but that's just me. The fact that the Christians came out against reincarnation is proof enough to me that it's real. Sorry not meaning to offend it's just the way I see it.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #107 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 9:47am

Beau wrote on Nov 2nd, 2009 at 9:39am:
If they were denouncing reincarnation then I'd say it's a pretty sure thing that it's true, in one form or another. I don't trust the foundations of the Church, but I think Jesus is pretty cool. I like him because I don't have to take anyone's word for what he did and was. And the Jews do believe in a form of reincarnation that is simply called "Coming Back". It's not talked about but it's known. I would not trust any Christian source that was using scripture as proof, but that's just me. The fact that the Christians came out against reincarnation is proof enough to me that it's real. Sorry not meaning to offend it's just the way I see it.

But you do offend!!!!

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #108 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 10:42am

We all have our shortcomings I guess.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Calypso

ALK Member

Chicagoland
Reply #109 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 11:23am

Fascinating discussion on this board. 

I'm not so interesting in proving or disproving reincarnation based on ancient sources.  I like to have some actual experience to prove or disprove things.  I'm not so good with "faith".  But what I want to ask here is, if we were all to agree that either reincarnation IS true, or ISN't true, how would it change the way we live our lives?  If it ISN'T true, then we have only one life here, and we have to suck the most out of it.  If reincarnation IS true, then we have returned here again, presumably because this human experience is very important, and we must suck the most out of it.  Either way, it seems to me we aren't just here for the ride, or here to endure life until we get to heaven.  We are meant to drink deeply, question constantly (like on this board).

IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Reply #110 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 1:21pm

If reincarnation isn't true, then there's no point in anything. You can be as good/evil as you like and there'll be no come back at the end and nothing and nobody mattters.
However, the one life and then judgement doesn't stand up to analysis either. Take a cot death baby; what's the point of a life that may only last minutes, hours or days, and then that's it. And as for the judgement bit, just how are you going to be judged by a supposedly perfect, all knowing creator, who's just dealt you the worst and most unreasonable hand?
On the other hand if it is true, then we can look to makign the most out of each life, and trying to connect with those we may have met before, as well as making the use of the talents we bring with us. Moreover, reincarnation explains perfectly why you have child prodigies like Mozart who was composing pieces at the age of four (his dad had to help him write the notes out) or anyone to whom a particular activity or interest becomes familiar right from the start.
Are they learning this, or remembering this again from a previous time?
Believers in reincarnation includes not only the ancient Egyptians, but such non new age folks as Henry Ford and General George Patton, who claimed to remember retreating from Moscow with Napoleon in 1812, and fighting against the armies of ancient Rome.

Best wishes,
David.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #111 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 1:41pm

Frank Kepple's view of reincarnation is the very best thing I've ever read on the subject. Short, simple and sweet. The link is floating around here, oh here it is. Pardon the duplication from Gooby Girl's post:
http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #112 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 3:48pm

I expect no one here to study the Bible, post-biblical Judaism, early Christianity, or for that matter, Swedenborg, Bruce Moen, or Robert Monroe.   What I do expect is this: if you are going to dogmatically post a dismissal of any of these sources, then I expect you to provide sound reasoning and to have at least read them, together with academically respectable commentaries on them.  Nobody cares about your unsubstantiated opinions!

Why is this relevant to afterlife exploration?  Because the credibility of the sources is critical.  For example, the best-selling NDE book of all time is Betty Eadie's "Embraced by the Light."  I have no doubt that she had a genuine NDE and her book reinforces some of my treasured insights from doctoral research on afterlife beliefs in the early church.    But I find her book of limited value because it betrays a credulous mind that has not concerned itself about the line between reality and delusion.  So I instead recommend less "exciting" NDE books by people like George Ritchie and Howard Storm.  These NDEers are well educated and, more importantly, seem more capable of critical discernment.  We must always consider the source.

One problem with astral sources is the deceptive role of memory and how it is reshaped by current beliefs and expectations.  When I have time, I hope to start a new thread on the relevance of memory problems to astral exploration because I think this issue can help explain the radically contradictory perspectives of various NDErs and astral explorers.

Don

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #113 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 3:56am

Beau wrote on Nov 2nd, 2009 at 10:42am:
We all have our shortcomings I guess.

What I found laughably about you post where you say "Jesus is cool" Britney Spears is "cool", Michael Jackson is "cool" etc etc,

Jesus is the Divine son of God a very big difference!!

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #114 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 4:07am

Quote:
The Bible says It is appointed "ONCE TO DIE" and then the Judgement No where does Jesus preach reicarnation, where people get this idea beats me.

Hello Alan.

When you argued against reincarnation based on this verse from Hebrews 9:27, you have placed all of your argument eggs in the wrong basket. I've debated this bible quote with my brother many times, who stands by this verse just as you do to argue against reincarnation. Here is a link to an interesting viewpoint on that Bible verse:
http://reluctant-messenger.com/reincarnation-Hebrews9-27.htm

I gave up thinking of the Bible as God's word when I was still a teenager after learning about and studying other religions and writings about the paranormal, etc.
The Bible is just a compilation of teachings by physically incarnate humans tring to grasp at concepts that they barely understood back then.

With the abundance of information that we have today, both personal experiences written by experiencers and scientific researchers, it takes only deductive reasoning to piece together the evidence that screams a resounding yes to the question of whether or not reincarnation is true. Here is just one scientific researcher who has amassed analytical proof:
http://reluctant-messenger.com/reincarnation-proof.htm

Here is one very compelling tale of a child with amazing details of past life recall:
http://www.reversespins.com/proofofreincarnation.html

When you asked me before where's my proof, I must say that I cannot give any personal experience testimony or scientific proof to offer you. All I can say is that I stand by my educated opinion based on thorough research into reincarnation.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #115 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 9:53am

He is your divine son of God. Buddy Holly is mine. Smiley

IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Reply #116 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 2:37am

Now, Buddy Holly was one cool dude.  I remember well the day the music died.  Wonder if he has circled back among us.

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #117 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 3:47am

We are all divine sons of God. Jesus came to show the way so that all could do what he did, as he said, you will do all this and more.

To say he is God without us all being God also is blasphemy (in my opinion) and also denigrates what Jesus said and did.

Goobygirl

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #118 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 7:40am

If he has circled back among us, Pat. I'm sure he's looking for a much slower ride than the one he had last time. And I'm sure his thinking has evolved to an even higher plane. His message was pure and simple and it's on tape so it's hard to dispute.

I agree with you Goobygirl and it is blasphemy to me too to suggest otherwise.

Buddy Holly Lives!

Beau

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.