Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
the cow that was about to die,his spirit set free (Read 3964 times)
juditha
Ex Member

the cow that was about to die,his spirit set free
Oct 20th, 2009 at 2:00pm

Hi I wrote this  about this cow that was about to be slaughtered.

I can see the boat slowly drifting into shore,my heart is heavy,is this the day,when i will be led to slaughter,is this my final day of tasteing the sweet grass and smelling the sea air and hearing the seagulls cry.

I suddenly remembered my dear mother who i was taken from and i can still hear her cries for her lost calf,a tear trickles down my face of the thoughts of sadness.

I'm frightened,i need her more than ever to feel her warm breath upon my face,makes my tears trickle even faster,i hear them coming off the boat getting closer and closer,i now hear the rattling chains ready to lead me to my certain death.

As they slip the chain around my neck,i am pulled along to my destination as i enter many of my friends have already died and i now know i'm to be next,"mother mother please walk beside me as they use the gun to end my life",mother i shout in my head with so many tears.

As i am shot i fall to the ground and there i'm standing,shining beautiful as gold and my mother is standing beside me and i can feel her warm breath upon my face once more from her loving spirit,"Come along my little one,mother is now taking you home,where you will eat the sweet grass forever and you will always feel my warm breath on your face,i love you my little one,no more  fear no more pain,just love little one.

I wrote this as i felt this cows thoughts of going into slaughter,so when you eat meat ,feel love for that frightened little animal that know he or she is about to die.

Dear Father God ,please surround the animal kingdom with your protection of love and light,thankyou Father amen.

Love and God bless   love juditha

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Re: the cow that was about to die,his spirit set free
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 7:00pm

May the cows of the world unite to thank you for your empathy, dear Juditha. I really appreciated reading this today. I think, for me, that it is a very unusual perspective, and I felt a little thrill when you quickly ran right into "..and there i'm standing,shining beautiful as gold and my mother is standing beside me..." from the moment of death, the 'shooting' moment. I found that quick transition not only powerful but inspiring.

Thanks so very much for sharing.

IP Logged

balance

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 7:29am

Juditha,

That was just beautiful and truly compassionate

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 12:39pm

That is really nice and somewhat reminds me of my topic of whether or not it is "ok" to kill another living being. I've seen some sick video of cows and chickens being killed for our mass consumption - even worse is the many carcasses that are simply wasted because no one buys them in time so they are unsafe to sell.

Truly, it is a very terrible world we live in, and we make it so. Man I do love a good cheese-steak though..... /drool and I can't help but think of Chic-Fil-A... I know I am joking around but I do realize how awful it is that we destroy so many living creatures. It's not right... But if it came down to my own life or death I would surely take another life, probably even a humans and eat them. Well, okay, in that scenario we would have to choose who goes diplomatically, well, unless some of the people died already and the flesh is in decent shape. Well even if it wasn't and you had to eat or die I'd eat.... I would be one to make the choice SOONER rather than later due to the fact that I understand the risk in letting meat wait too long.

Oh dear I really get side tracked =/

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 9:04pm

Beautiful and thank you for sharing.

Supermodel....

IP Logged

Never say die

Reply #5 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 5:46am

I am a vegetarian and that's kind of the way I feel about a cow about to be killed.

I think its a pretty sick world where creatures kill each other to survive. But I am vegetarian because I learnt that a vegetarian diet can be fulfilling and more nutritious and less guilt ridden than one that includes meat. Having said that, plants have an energy about them as well but I don't think they can feel pain like animals do.

May we all enjoy the afterlife. A realm with no killing because spirits can't die  Cool

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 7:59am

I totally understand this.. I agree completely, and I try to stop eating meat.... then before I know it I am munching down some yummy meat without even realizing it..... I can't stop eating meat completely.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #7 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 4:09pm

I like what you wrote Juditha. Smiley

IP Logged

kirolak

What brings you here will
take you somewhere else

Reply #8 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 2:50am

Juditha, thank you for that lovely insightful poem - I too am a vegan, & used to do all I could to convince others to follow the same path . . . . now I try to do soul rescue of animals, with varying success.  I am totally convinced that slaughtering for flesh to consume is an abominable, evil act; Swami Lakshmanjoo speaks very eloquently against it. If nothing else, it seems to me an act of total arrogance to assume one has the right to eat another being's corpse.  And I, too,am looking forward to a world where no being will spill the blood of another.   I firmly believe that killing other beings for any reason other than mercy is the reason there is no world peace.
Namaste

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #9 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 3:30am

Kirolak,

My hubby and I also get very "verklempt" about all the killing going on (animal and human) and wish for a kinder world. Sometimes we wish over and over to be somewhere, anywhere else, feeling like we don't fit in, especially in our current city where it feels like people eat animals morning noon and night at every meal, in every recipe!

The only thing I can come up with that makes it a bit bearable is that 1) we are an example to others and 2) that perhaps a little bit of kindness shining through our example will make the world a bit more tolerable and raise consciousness as a whole.

We have gotten our share of jokes and raised eyebrows for being vegetarians over the years, yet we do not suffer from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, colorectal cancer, digestive issues, diabetes, obesity, or any of the things that I see people my age regularly starting to experience (I'm almost 44, hubby 52, each of us easily looks 10 years younger).

If we were not here, and others like us, on this Earth, why and how would anyone make a change?

Still it's enough that we have decided to try to find an ecovillage that is vegetarian/vegan and live there. We know that hiding from the world is not an answer, but we are sick of living in a consumer fed culture and a culture that encourages people to be totally independent instead of interdependent. And we are sick of people eating dead animals, period.

Ok, what were number 1 & 2 again? Undecided

Goobygirl

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 9:01am

Actually if all creatures have a soul or something it's only natural that any and all living things also have one.

Which means that plants have a soul.

If you eat plants you are killing.

Stop eating meat! Stop eating plants!

(I know this sounds like a joke and it is....BUT....I actually believe that a plant has as much right to live as I do. Which means I should not kill plants.....!!!!)

I am doomed.

Lips Sealed

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #11 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 11:36pm

It's not "natural" or logical that if a creature has a soul that a plant does. I don't expect that God(dess) expected us to eat nothing. I figure eating plants is the least harmful thing I can do. I'm not going to last as a breathearian.

Goobygirl

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.