Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Drifting Thoughts (Read 3724 times)
Terethian
Ex Member

Drifting Thoughts
Oct 20th, 2009 at 11:18am

I am wondering if anyone has any opinions as to what has happened to me. This may also just sound like it's meaningless so just bear with me and tell me what you think.

I was in my car on my break and I closed my eyes for a short rest so to speak and my thoughts drifted normally about normal things but then at some point my thoughts entered something not really conscious... yet still thought was happening. There was people and talking. Something was going on. But The moment I started to realize this I broke the spell and came to reality. I feel like something was happening or has happened and I was witnessing it yet I find myself unable to recall anything specific consciously.

Weird.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Drifting Thoughts
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 9:33am

Greetings T,

From what I've read and experienced, you may have tuned in to a wave of energy/souls/people/conversation. For some reason you were on their wave length--perhaps because you care about one or more of them, or you were sharing the same attitudes at that time,  etc.  It just goes to show how 'thin the veil' is, the veil that we use to separate our self from others.
It's difficult to know which side of the big veil they were on Smiley

After I started doing retrievals, this type of nuisance-psi has eased off and rarely happens to me any more. It's as though by focusing on a particular type of 'veil' experience, the others lost influence.
Wink I'm hinting that you could do the same.  Smiley

The  best to you!
Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 8:52pm

Quote:
I am wondering if anyone has any opinions as to what has happened to me. This may also just sound like it's meaningless so just bear with me and tell me what you think.

I was in my car on my break and I closed my eyes for a short rest so to speak and my thoughts drifted normally about normal things but then at some point my thoughts entered something not really conscious... yet still thought was happening. There was people and talking. Something was going on. But The moment I started to realize this I broke the spell and came to reality. I feel like something was happening or has happened and I was witnessing it yet I find myself unable to recall anything specific consciously.

Weird.

You entered a meditative stare almost an altered state on consciousness. If you had closed your eyes and put a dark cloth over them you would have seen all sorts of images coming from various realms.

I call these visions "Eyelid Visions" Try inducing them just before going to sleep at night

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 10:57pm

I have this frequently. I'm trained to not fall asleep even when I'm tired, lying on my bed. And then this can happen, or maybe it's more precise to say, you remember it, and/or are able to focus on it for longer and longer the more familiar you become with this not awake-not asleep state.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #4 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 7:10am

spooky2 wrote on Oct 21st, 2009 at 10:57pm:
I have this frequently. I'm trained to not fall asleep even when I'm tired, lying on my bed. And then this can happen, or maybe it's more precise to say, you remember it, and/or are able to focus on it for longer and longer the more familiar you become with this not awake-not asleep state.

Spooky

Hi Spooky,

This state is a precursor to a conscious out of body event

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Ally

Reply #5 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 1:33am

Sometimes, when I get really sleepy, but I force myself to stay awake, I seem to start entering some kind of 'altered' state while still awake, and I feel 'urges' to speak 'other languages' which sound like gibberish to me, but seem legit, also. I have control of it, but when I am very sleepy the urge feels stronger and sometimes I just 'let my tongue go' and listen to what comes out, and feel it. It really sounds like I'm speaking another language, but it is rarely another language that I have heard or know about in this lifetime, although I must admit that I can 'imitate' Japanese very convincingly.  Shocked

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 4:49am

My guess is that a scientist would simply argue that these are simply incomplete and jumbled thoughts which the mind is piecing together due to it's current state.

Angry

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #7 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 2:42pm

Ally wrote on Oct 25th, 2009 at 1:33am:
Sometimes, when I get really sleepy, but I force myself to stay awake, I seem to start entering some kind of 'altered' state while still awake, and I feel 'urges' to speak 'other languages' which sound like gibberish to me, but seem legit, also. I have control of it, but when I am very sleepy the urge feels stronger and sometimes I just 'let my tongue go' and listen to what comes out, and feel it. It really sounds like I'm speaking another language, but it is rarely another language that I have heard or know about in this lifetime, although I must admit that I can 'imitate' Japanese very convincingly.  Shocked 

Your gibberish might be a real language, maybe you were talking to God in a heavenly language?

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 3:37pm

I have no idea what 'happened' there, but if it is important for you to know, you will. My opinion, and very unscientific.

One of the first 'experiences' I had was confusing to me in much the same way. I was lying on my bed with my eyes closed, minding my own business, when a black woman's face appeared above me, quite large. Nobody I knew.  She just hovered over me, looking at me. She didn't 'say' anything, just looked at me with this sweet expression on her face. I didn't 'feel better' about it, being slightly confused, until someone told me it was 'just a spirit passing by' -- and I suddenly felt a lot better.

Quote:

Weird.

IP Logged

Calypso

ALK Member

Chicagoland
Reply #9 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 4:41pm

Hello all, brand new to this board.  Speaking of foreign languages, is there any kind of language barrier in the afterlife, or between us and the afterlife?  When one has outofbody experience with someone of another country, is there any language barrier?

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 7:40pm

I think the general belief is that in the afterlife you start in your own basic little world you create for yourself, a world which when others are able to enter you will speak with them in your own language and they will speak to you in it as well..... and then..... eventually.....

You reach a point where language, and speaking, are completely un-needed. A point beyond normal thinking...

/shrug. I don't really know what to believe, but I think this is the general consensus. LOL

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 8:40pm

Hi, welcome to this board, Calypso. We've had so many new people joining lately. I don't know about other languages in the afterlife. It seems like I can think thoughts that are understood 'out there' in my own language, but no one ever really talks to me unless I am dreaming. I just see images, and get impressions, like ideas. Actually, we've been talking about reincarnation and karma for days on this board, and I'm more confused than when I started. Maybe you can help us out... Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.