Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Strange worlds and lliving beings in the universe (Read 6579 times)
I Am Dude

Re: Strange worlds and lliving beings in the universe
Reply #15 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 9:26pm

If you believe you've had more paranormal experiences then I have, thats fine.  This is not a contest.  However, quality is more important than quantity when it comes to spiritual experience.  During my experiences in higher realms, in realms more spiritual than anything I have ever imagined possible, my consciousness has been merged with a power so much greater than anything I have consciously known.  I experienced states of higher knowing, of absolute truth of my true existence, of my true spiritual nature.  I have experienced the bliss of my higher states of being- and it is within this bliss that true knowledge is found.  Only after first hand experience of this higher knowledge can one be truely sure of the nature of their inner being and the greater reality.    

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #16 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 1:36am

[OOBD:} "If you believe you've had more paranormal experiences then I have, thats fine.  This is not a contest." 

Ah, but you implicltly make it a contest by ducking the issues under discussion and patronizing me with your demand that I do more exploration. 

[OOBD:] "However, quality is more important than quantity when it comes to spiritual experience." 
Yes, but quality must be measured by aftereffects, and on a public site like this these aftereffects should include claims of some level of verification, even if these are far from probative.  Your tone seems to assume that your experiences are higher in quality than mine.  Yet you have had limited exposure to my reports of such experiences of "oneness."

[OOBD:] "During my experiences in higher realms, ...my consciousness has been merged with a power so much greater than anything I have consciously known." 

I describe my prolonged mystical union in an amphitheatre in the same terms.  My sense of union was so real that I feared my sense of ego identity would be totally absorbed in the omnipotent mind that merged with mine.  This fear quickly changed to indescribable awe as wave on wave of liquid love surged through my being with such ever escalating power that I wondered if I would survive.  I was forced against my will to speak in tongues at the top of my voice by this relentless force of omnipotent Love. 

Experiences of mystical union are commonplace.  Claims of meaning in the context of dialogue require verification that other spiritual explorers can hope to replicate.  I challenge you to summarize yours; here re some of mine which were at least psychologically compelling:

(1) A witness to my "mystical union" ecstasy saw that something bizarre was happening.  She entered the amphitheatre, and sat and stared because, she claimed, my face was glowing in the dark. 

(2) In that state a skeptical Lutheran minister barged in and asked me to touch him.  When I did, he exploded into speaking in other tongues.  Previously, he had been skeptical of such experiences, but my touch in that blissful state overwhelmed his resistance. 

(3) In the aftermath of this experience, I began to have easily verified clairvoyant experiences, including verified death premonitions that prompted me to warn one victim--alas, to no avail. 

(4) In the aftermath of this experience, I was transformed from a rather ordinary student to the student with the highest grade point average in my Canadian province.  This mystical experience literally transformed my capacity for memory and critical analysis.  Of course, I credit all this to the grace of God destroying my skepticism of His existence, opening uip blocked channels of my mind, and calling me to a passionate quest to know Him better by deepening my mystical union with Him. 

[OOBD:] "I experienced states of higher knowing, of absolute truth..".

"Higher knowing" is a question-begging New Age phrase that is inappropriate for a forum like this unless you provide solid verification.  I claim "higher knowing" too, but I don't invoke it as a warrant for a digression from a serious debate.  Unthinking fundamentalists of every stripe make your claim to "absolute truth" based on experience.  This is just a pious phrase to short-circuit the hard work of honest and open analysis.  You have blissful subjective experiences of uncertain epistemological relevance--nothing more.  Or... can you provide more?

Don   

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #17 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 3:22am

http://www.near-death.com/newsletters

/2005/0115.html[b]Near-Death Experiencer Foresaw Cataclysmic Disaster in Asia
     (Jan. 15, 2005)

On April 16, 2002, Kevin Williams published on his website the near-death testimony of Alan McDougall which contained the following vision of the future:

"While this omnipotent being was speaking, I could see a panoramic view of planet Earth, as if I was a space man observing the Earth, all the time, from the window of a space vehicle. The voice that I took as God, was not pleased with what was happening on our planet, and kept referring to humanity in the terms of "mere mortal man, I am displeased with you" (I cannot remember why he was displeased). While this unseen being "God" was speaking, the Earth was revolving and stopping at intervals over each continent, in turn, where a warning message was given to each continent. What I can remember was that he was saying to humanity that he was displeased with their evil actions in some way. The frustrating part is that I could not retain all that was said to mere mortal man, by this being, while I was with him viewing the Earth. I do, however, clearly, remember two warning
s. One that a cataclysmic event would start from the Indian subcontinent. The other that the Middle East crises would not be solved by the peacekeeping efforts of man and that divine
direct intervention would eventually come to the Earth, sometime in the future, because of the unbelievable evil that some mere men were perpetuating and directly responsible for on Earth (rape of the planet)."... [Read more]

Below is a fuller version!!

blinkstar.gif (494 bytes) Alan McDougall

The reader might ask the question, "How true is this article"? My answer would be that they are absolutely subjectively true. It is a true reflection of what I experienced, while in a deep coma in altered state of consciousness when very ill. Are they true reflection of some of the mysteries on the other side of life? I cannot say with certainty.

I am going to attempt to describe my near-death experiences while very ill and in a deep coma. This is an almost impossible task, as one has to try and relate the strange alien multi-dimensions of the other side of life in a way that can be understood in our three dimensional material world.

Firstly I emphasize that my experiences where atypical in the sense that I had no life reviews. Also these experiences were partly brought on by my desire to know the enigma of the origin of evil. They were experienced between 1990 & 2001. My body was not in a near-death state but in a deep coma in an altered state of consciousness and very ill.

During a number of extremely deep comas, between 1990 and 2001, while very sick, and in altered states of consciousness, my soul, spirit, mind, call it what you will, left my body and I sometimes experienced the typical tunnel of NDEs then. There, I was sometimes met by a being of pure light, not a human form, but pure point of light, who communicated with me mind to mind, via some form of telepathy. I believe it was an angel! I could not see either end of the tunnel as we were in total darkness, except for the point of intelligent light. It was an out of-body experience.

It was explained to me, by this being of light, that this tunnel had two ends. One into the glorious light of God, and the other into the darkness of the evil void. I would like to interject here, due to your prime question relating to judgement in the afterlife. " Darkness (evil) cannot invade the light, (one candle dispels the darkness) but light (goodness) can impact into the darkness (evil)."

At first I was taken up through the tunnel into a place of learning (library) into the glorious light at the one end of this almost infinite tunnel. While in the light I experienced great feelings of elation, love and peace. Here I was shown great events that were to come to planet Earth, sometime in the future. There was a being with me all the time that I could not see, but hear. It spoke with a male voice. I believed it/he was what we mortals refer to as God.

While this omnipotent being was speaking, I could see a panoramic view of planet Earth, as if I was a space man observing the Earth, all the time, from the window of a space vehicle. The voice that I took as God, was not pleased with what was happening on our planet, and kept referring to humanity in the terms of "mere mortal man, I am displeased with you" (I cannot remember why he was displeased). While this unseen being "God" was speaking, the

Earth was revolving and stopping at intervals over each continent, in turn, where a warning message was given to each continent. What I can remember was that he was saying to humanity that he was displeased with their evil actions in some way.

The frustrating part is that I could not retain all that was said to mere mortal man, by this being, while I was with him viewing the Earth.

I do, however, clearly, remember two warnings. One that a cataclysmic event would start from the Indian subcontinent. The other that the middle east crises would not be solved by the peacekeeping efforts of man and that divine direct intervention would eventually come to the Earth, sometime in the future, because of the unbelievable evil that some mere men were perpetuating and directly responsible for on Earth. (Rape of the planet)

It was also shown to me that we are not really judged by God, but by our own actions in life, which dictate ones eternal destiny. If all our actions had become totally evil, by the end of our life, we would become a being of darkness and it would have simply become impossible for us to enter the light of God. (Darkness cannot penetrate the light!). To reach this point we would have to have become totally depraved being (like Hitler), with no redeemable qualities. The destiny of this type of person, by his own actions, would be eternal banishment down into the deepest darkness of this vast infinitely long evil end of the tunnel, remote from the love of God forever. I was also shown that there are degrees of punishment in the void. Ranging from a gray depressive atmosphere, progressively down into utter horror, terror, hopelessness, despair and desolation in black darkness. I did not see any lake of fire! I, however, got the clear impression that God will one day thrust all evil away from him into the infinite utter remote darkness of the deep and forget them there forever, where they could perform their awful perversions upon each other forever. Indeed reaping what they had sowed. They could call out to God for eternity, from this awful place, and never hear from God again. Separated and forgotten by him forever, by they're own evil actions. (Self-inflicted punishment). What an awful horrifying thought.

But enough of this gloom!

Anyone reading this article is not destined for the awful place depicted in the last paragraph. It is a fact that all of us do wrong and make mistakes in life! But in us are also light, great love, compassion, caring and consideration for others. Therefore we all have varying degrees of light in us that will allow us into the glorious light of almighty God in the light end of the tunnel, at the end of our earthly life. God can work with the light in us, make us pure and allow us to progress up the various levels of heaven into his eternal blissful presence of everlasting peace and joy! It is a progress of eternal learning. Then we become one with God, but retain our unique.

Getting off the point a bit, I would like to refer to something else that were shown me while on the other side.

Time, as we experience on Earth, it is an illusion, something like an infinitely stretchable or shrinkable string of elastic. (Perhaps that is why some days seem to take an eternity to pass and others mere moments)?  The end event (end of time) will not come at some set chronological time, but when a certain set of future events synchronizes.[/b]
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2009 at 4:55am by Alan McDougall »  

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Neil Gordon

Reply #18 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 4:00am

From some discussions I've had with Alan back channel my conclusion is that he is definitely clairvoyant.

He mentioned some very specific stuff about me and my circumstances which should be impossible for him to know, since I do not know him from a bar of soap.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #19 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 4:02am

Don

My suggestion to do more exploration(that of a nonphysical nature) arrises from my observation that you are too focused on physical verification to allow yourself to truly see the bigger picture.  I am not sure what the cause of your lack of faith in your own experience is, but I believe it is stunting your growth into larger realities.  Have you learned anything new or grew in any significant way over the last three years since I joined this forum?  Not meant as an attack, more from curiosity... you seem to be asking the same questions, stuck with the same ideas.  Personally, my beliefs have changed greatly, as well as the quality of my life and consciousness.  This progress has occurred because I trust in my experience and my inner nature, which has allowed me to access higher realities, both physical and nonphysical.

As to my experiences:  It is difficult to verify that which can have no true physical verification.  My experiences occurred while out of body in higher nonphysical levels.  What I have experienced in these levels is nearly impossible to accurately describe in physical terms due to their abstract nonphysical nature.  These experiences supersede the intellect and really require no verification, for they occurred during spiritual unison with my higher self in which I remembered everything- including who I truly am.  What I am saying is that when one has experienced their true nonphysical nature in higher dimensions, one realizes that physical proof is close to meaningless when it comes to issues of our greater reality and higher aspects of being.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #20 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 4:40am

I Am Dude wrote on Oct 21st, 2009 at 4:02am:
Don

My suggestion to do more exploration(that of a nonphysical nature) arrises from my observation that you are too focused on physical verification to allow yourself to truly see the bigger picture.  I am not sure what the cause of your lack of faith in your own experience is, but I believe it is stunting your growth into larger realities.  Have you learned anything new or grew in any significant way over the last three years since I joined this forum?  Not meant as an attack, more from curiosity... you seem to be asking the same questions, stuck with the same ideas.  Personally, my beliefs have changed greatly, as well as the quality of my life and consciousness.  This progress has occurred because I trust in my experience and my inner nature, which has allowed me to access higher realities, both physical and nonphysical.

As to my experiences:  It is difficult to verify that which can have no true physical verification.  My experiences occurred while out of body in higher nonphysical levels.  What I have experienced in these levels is nearly impossible to accurately describe in physical terms due to their abstract nonphysical nature.  These experiences supersede the intellect and really require no verification, for they occurred during spiritual unison with my higher self in which I remembered everything- including who I truly am.  What I am saying is that when one has experienced their true nonphysical nature in higher dimensions, one realizes that physical proof is close to meaningless when it comes to issues of our greater reality and higher aspects of being.

Hi OOBD
The reason for Dons lack of progress is that he is basically a fundamental Christian Pastor trying to save our souls by surreptitiously winning our hearts to Christ and thereby save our very lost souls

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 11:55am

<<The reason for Dons lack of progress is that he is basically a fundamental Christian Pastor trying to save our souls by surreptitiously winning our hearts to Christ and thereby save our very lost souls>>

Alan-  I would put it a different way.  To me, Don is like a serious medical practitioner.  Someone comes to him with a serious medical problem and he prescribes a tough, difficult regimen in order to get well.  Maybe not the kind of regimen the patient wants, but the one that has been demonstrated, via empirical evidence, to get the best results.

On the other hand, there are some "patients" who would rather turn to some sort of alternative medicine technique instead.  Maybe fly down to Mexico for the latest and greatest "in vogue" treatment being hyped by some Hollywood type or internet websites. 

Those types of folks are vulnerable to snake oil salesmen for a lot of different reasons.  Mainly they want a shortcut, whether it be in terms of curing their disease or learning about the afterlife.

Thing is, shortcuts don't always produce the kind of results that are the most beneficial.  Sometimes they lead to dead-end roads.  And then the person just has to learn the hard way.

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #22 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 1:04pm

The speaking in tongues phenomena is interesting. On the one hand people such as my self experience divine love but "don't" end up speaking in tongues, while other people do. Perhaps in some cases divine spirit affects a person according to his or her expectations.

When it comes to Acts from the Bible, it seems to me that the purpose of speaking in tongues was so that people could speak in a different language when they taught people. This is quite different than what some people experience when they speak in tongues. When I've seen videos of people speaking in tongues I wasn't able to hear that they were speaking a human language.

Betty Andreasson is a person who states that she was abducted by friendly beings. I haven't researched her case thoroughly enough to know how true it is.  She had the below to say about speaking in tongues.

"Betty asked why she was here with the Elders, and they said:

"Don't you remember your blessing?"

She didn't know what they were talking about, and in response they used a machine to show her a scene from earlier in her life. It was at a church service, and what happened was this:

Betty stood up and gave testimony and pledged to use her talents for the glory of God. This was probably not unusual for this type of service. But then the minister suddenly began speaking in tongues. His wife jumped up, ran down the aisle to Betty, put her hands on Betty's head, and began speaking in tongues herself. Then the minister interpreted his wife's tongues; it was a message for Betty:

"You have given all that you have ... thou shalt be blessed above women ... "

This was evidently the scene as Betty remembered it from when she was younger. But now in the strange replay on the mother-ship, she noticed some differences. Some of the people had a light around them - these included Betty, the minister, and his wife. And two Elders were present in the room, unseen by the congregation. One of the Elders stood behind the minister and put his hand on the man's shoulder - and this is when he began speaking in tongues. Then the Elder whispered in the ear of the minister's wife, and this is when she jumped up and administered "the blessing" to Betty. Evidently the whole scenario had been orchestrated by the Elders."

http://near-death.com/experiences/triggers19.html

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.