Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Inspiration (Read 8233 times)
heisenberg69

England
Inspiration
Oct 9th, 2009 at 7:59am

Hi,

reading Alan's 'Creation' essay on this board reminded of the first time I read 'Conversations With God' by Neale Donald Walsch (subject matter if not style) .I was wondering what other people had read which had inspired them in this area (apart from Bruce's books of course !).

Smiley

Dave

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Re: Inspiration
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 8:46am

My mind is like a clean swept room. When I awake it is generally my own repetitive voice which I hear in my ear, until the world bursts in. I occasionally pick up a book, and turn a few pages. I am surrounded by them. But, like I said, I am continually clearing off my table, and my room is swept clean. That way, I can walk around with no shoes on. So, you can see what is important to me.

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 9:01am

Conversations with God, Book One literally changed my life when I realized I was having the God experience all the time I was looking so hard for it. Sort of the same with the out of body thing-- once I "learned" how to do it at Monroe and at Bruce's workshops, I realized I had been having them all along.

I have also very much enjoyed Drunvalo Melchizedek's "Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life" books, and "Living in the Heart."

And, at the risk of provoking the usual bru-ha-ha, I am a student of "A Course In Miracles" and have been for many years now.

I have a friend who actually brags that he has NEVER finished a book. I cannot imagine  being proud of it. I often am reading several at any time, and also listen to recorded books (Audible.com) while driving.

Thomas

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 11:17am

Hi Thomas,

I thought Melchizedek was an angel.  Do you have any biographical info on him?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 12:48pm

Numerous near death experiences, the gospels,  and portions of Robert Monroe's Ultimate Journey. I also found Howard Storm's youtube videos inspirational.

I can't say I feel the same about Conversations with God (?) and ACIM. I especially believe this is so when it comes to ACIM. Numerous things have told me it is a course that has been set up so it will deceive people if they allow it to do so. This fact doesn't go away, simply because there are people who won't take the time to discriminate it. People defend all kinds of things.

You know how there are skeptics who won't consider positive evidence, such people only hear what they want to hear? There are also skeptics who won't consider what some people have to say about ACIM, they only hear what they want to hear, and then share their confusion with other people.

Why would somebody want to be involved with a course that fraudulently claims to come from Christ, when they can receive guidance from Christ himself?

No I'm not a fundamentalist who is opposed to anything outside of the Bible. Please notice that I mentioned NDEs and Robert Monroe's book. However, fortunately, I took the time to find out what ACIM is about, rather being taken in by repetitive pithy statements.

I believe what's important is that regardless of what source we read, we should make certain it assists us rather than define us.

If I sound a  bit blunt, all I can say is that I can't tell you how upsetting I find it that people try to push ACIM on other people, when they haven't made a serious effort to discriminate it. A day will come when they will find that they misled people, no matter how unwilling they are to admit it today. Everything we do either positive or negative, will eventually be revealed to us.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 8:00pm

I love the way you said this:

"I believe what's important is that regardless of what source we read, we should make certain it assists us rather than define us."

If that is not the boldest truth I have ever heard come out of your...er...uhm....keyboard, I don't know what it would be.

Regarding ACIM and others, well, I just think you need to take it up with the authors concerned. I'm sure they'd love to have a little conversation with you. Smiley

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 8:05pm

Helen Schuchman would probably tell me thank you. Regarding the being who whispered the words into her ear, I don't know what it would say. I can't say I care.

Quote:
I love the way you said this:

"I believe what's important is that regardless of what source we read, we should make certain it assists us rather than define us."

If that is not the boldest truth I have ever heard come out of your...er...uhm....keyboard, I don't know what it would be.

Regarding ACIM and others, well, I just think you need to take it up with the authors concerned. I'm sure they'd love to have a little conversation with you. Smiley

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 8:12pm

Well, if you did care, you would know. So the feeling must be mutual.

Absolutely, there is credible evidence that that channeled material was gathered by her own subconscious mind.

So, believe it, or not.

IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Reply #8 - Oct 10th, 2009 at 2:06am

I haven't read ACIM, partly because nothing I've read about it has inspired me to pick it up.  However, I do believe that each of us, if we are open to it, encounters the right material when we need it.  And it may not have been right at another time and won't be right for others.  Since my "one thing led to another" encounter with the Monroe and Moen books (actually, a re-encounter with Monroe since I read his first book in the '70s), I feel this is the right material and information for me now.  Some years ago, probably I would have passed it by.

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #9 - Oct 10th, 2009 at 8:02am

....when the student is ready the teacher will appear.

I must admit I own a copy of ACIM but it never really captured my imagination like CWG because I felt more engaged in the dialogue; Walsch asking questions I would ask God. I also liked its philosophical elegance using one absolute truth i.e. we are all one, to derive subsequent truths.

I would also say I'm less interested in the messenger than the message (I don't regard Walsch to be a guru and to be fair he does'nt claim to be one).Basically all that matters is that the message makes sense to one personally based on their own experiences and world view.This is a strong point Bruce often makes in his books i.e. don't take my word for it go find out for yourself.This is a strength also of the Monroe Institute philosophy.

Dave

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #10 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 11:15am

heisenberg69 wrote on Oct 9th, 2009 at 7:59am:
Hi,

reading Alan's 'Creation' essay on this board reminded of the first time I read 'Conversations With God' by Neale Donald Walsch (subject matter if not style) .I was wondering what other people had read which had inspired them in this area (apart from Bruce's books of course !).

Smiley

Dave

Neal Donald Walsch claims he is Dialoguing and debating with God on a sort of buddy buddy peer peer relationship. So according to him he actually hears the very voice of the most hight god

I make no such claim my creation essay and others by myself are the result of of deep introspection, meditation and thing about the reason of existence. I don't see myself as a separate entity from god only a part of him that must remember what I have forgotten and write it down

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #11 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 2:48pm

'I don't see myself as a separate entity from god only a part of him that must remember what I have forgotten and write it down'

Alan- thats just what Walsch would say and I agree with it.

Dave

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #12 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 4:20pm

ACIM is channeled material falsely attributed to Jesus Christ's dication through atheist-psychologist Helen Schucman.  The contradictions between ACIM and the real Jesus are widely reported and too obvious too mention.  Only the biblically illiterate are gullible enough to believe this this drivel is really channeled by Jesus. 

Helen Schucman's channeling soon led to what her friend Dr. Benedict Groeschel describes as "the blackest psychotic depression I have ever seen."  Groeschel should know: he was so close to Helen that he was asked to offer her funeral eulogy.  He usually disparages alleged cases of demonic possession, but considers it a good possibility that the psychotic depression that led to Schucman's death was demonic.  Even Schucman herself later blasphemed against ACIM in the foulest language.   

Only the hopelessly naive would uncritically accept anyone's claim that their books are based on dictated words from God.  Neale Donald Walsch is now discredited by a provable charge of plagiarism of the work of Candy Chand.  Even more damning is Walsch's claim that he "vividly remembered" the plaigiarized story in question.   Of course, factual errors in his books also discredit his claim that God is his source.  Those who claim that they "find value" in his books should ask themselves iif it is wise to eat fruit from a Poison Tree and soul contemplate the real Jesus' criteria for detecting spiritual counterfeits, one of which reads "By their fruits you shall know tham."

Don   

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #13 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 7:05am

betson wrote on Oct 9th, 2009 at 11:17am:
Hi Thomas,

I thought Melchizedek was an angel.  Do you have any biographical info on him?

Bets

Hi bets,

Melchizedek is a strange person maybe a prophet Abraham of the bible met on his travels Melchizedek means king of peace. The bible says he had no mother of father no genealogy, endless life no beginning or end eternal, the only one I know who fits this awesome description is God

Love

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #14 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 8:45am

Thank you, Alan,

I knew he was special but couldn't recall how/why.

Are these current publications from some 'lost' books of his, Thomas or Alan?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.