Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
tell me that suicide cases are punished (Read 19798 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: tell me that suicide cases are punished
Reply #45 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 3:40pm

Hi,

Don't forget the BSTs-- it's all Belief System Territories up there in 'heaven.' Each of us earns a place with others who mirror our beliefs.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #46 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 4:25pm

I guess that is "heaven" then isn't it?

IP Logged

pratekya

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #47 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:56pm

To illustrate my point; on cnn.com front page right now is a story about a 20 year old kid who was into something called 'horrorcore' - singing / rapping about chopping people up.  He went ahead and did it - a 50 year old pastor and his 16 year old daughter, the daughter's 18 year old friend, and a 53 year old professor.

If that kid escapes the consequences of what he has done then where is the justice in the universe?  The victims and their families are simply unfortunate in the big scheme of things, and life is a sick joke.

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 7:14pm

I am in to a lot of weird things, like, I will admit I can look at an under age woman and feel sexually attracted to her.

BUT!!!!! BUT BUT BUT!!!!!

I have this feeling / conscience that says, hey... ok, so you have these thoughts... we can't change that, but you know where to draw the line right? It's bad. I just feel it.

This is how I would feel in regards to killing someone. I don't even kill flies anymore. I even think twice before killing a parasite because it is alive. It is experiencing life, the only life it has. Who am I to deal out death to any creature no matter how small. Even if it does effect me negatively, that poor creature will die and rot and it's existence will cease... just like me. It's so sad.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #49 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 11:09pm

Pratekya, no it isn't that the absence of a metaphysical courtyard causes injustice. The case you allude to is a person who mistreats others with no regrets, with no bad conscience, maybe even with a belief of a reward for that. I say the consequences for doing so are much sader then any punishment of a court can be. It's because people can only perceive what they want to perceive. Think of such a criminal you have in mind, what is he/she open, and therefore able, to perceive? The continuation of an evil life will be an evil life, unless the focus of that person widens, to be able to perceive real pleasance, what it is, what it's like. Once they have changed, they have changed and they won't do evil deeds because they have changed, because they now know better. With this system you critized, you actually can set up a hell which is no less cruel, no less righteous than the hell Christendom painted in many colors. It's but not eternal, because either one will dissolve because of the dissolving nature of this person/unit of consciousness, or this person becomes able to see other horizons than before, and changes. This could happen immediately after a life review. Or it doesn't. 

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #50 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 11:39pm

Terethian, I think you have a low unconsciousness-to-consciousness threshold, meaning you're aware, in thoughts, language, what others might be not aware of. That can be really bugging, but I tell you, it's necessary to become detached from possessions of all sorts. The next step is, after thinking through all of that, the realisation of what is really important, and what is of no interest. That finally goes along with the cease of thinking in words and emotions.

Spooky

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Oct 10th, 2009 at 5:41pm

I guess I don't really 'get' suicide. I mean, I just got back from the store on my bike, and I have this box of oatmeal in there now, and there are 4 different kinds of packets, and all you do is add hot water, and it's organic. There's always going to be oatmeal, right?

What more could anyone want?

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #52 - Oct 10th, 2009 at 10:33pm

Oatmeal? You're funny!

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #53 - Oct 10th, 2009 at 10:55pm

Well, suicidal thoughts often arise because we feel at some very deep place that trying to find needed resources in life to hold things together is just unlikely or too hard and we might die. Oatmeal keeps us alive. Rice has kept millions of Chinese and Asians alive when there was not much else. It's one thing to have enough to maintain life, but it's something else to be able to enjoy life. All of it scares the heck out of us sometimes. But I notice that when a Consciousness Worker is talking with Moen in Curiosity's Father that he points out that after the Earth Changes (whatever they turn out to be), then it will be much easier for people to get what they need in life than it has been hitherto. If that's any help.  It cheered me up anyway. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

carl

Reply #54 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 12:24am

Berserk2 wrote on Oct 2nd, 2009 at 10:11pm:
Though the punishment for the suicide is in the final analysis self-inflicted, this verdict needs to be qualified.  The suicide cannot simply escape the consequences of his action.  Nor does the suicide provide the escape that solves the sufferer's problem.  As noted, the evidence of NDEs points to tormented souls who feel compelled to tune in to the lives and anguish of loved ones they victimized by their suicide.  I doubt they had any other choice if they loved the mourner in question.  NDE evidence also implies that the progress of the deceased can be delayed by the powerful grief of surviving loved ones who just cannot let them go.  Conversely, the case of Phyllis that I described on this site shows that the refusal or inability of a surviving loved one to grieve can delay the progress of the newly deceased loved one.  Also, NDE evidence indicates that the suicide will eventually be subjected to a past life review in which he will experience not only the events leading up to his suicide,but also the painful feelings of loved ones impacted by his decision.  ES's astral explorations suggest several such past life reviews when the soul is ready for them.

Don 

Hi Don....So in other words, don't suicide!....Suffer! Suffer! Suffer, while in a physical body!? No matter how it's racked with personal griefs and physical and mental diseases, emotional extreme trauma from past lives!? And!...Physical disfigurements and racial discrimination's! in their present lives..Etc, etc!

Don? Is your God of your understanding some sort of a manic depressive?....Worship me or face the consequences!?...Sincerely. Carl & Family.

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #55 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 12:37am

In talking about past life reviews, I have observed while talking with my acquaintances and loved ones who have passed over via a Medium, that some have done past life reviews and some have not. Those who have not done them, seem to continue to "not understand" certain things I'd have expected them to "get" shortly after arrival.

But it seems to me from my explorations that there is not an authority figure or body there who takes us when we arrive and starts to boss us around and tell us what we have to do. I don't gather that it works that way. Some want to understand all the stuff that happened weird in their lives and some just run around being sociable and happy, leaving the personal growth stuff for "later", whenever that might be.

Whether by suicide or sinking boat, by plane crash or car accident, cancer or accidental overdose by a negligent nurse, whatever way we go, none of us arrive there only to be taken in hand by a bunch of "immigration officials", sprayed with DDT and given tetanus shots. That's definitely not the scenario. Forget that stuff...that's Earth stuff. As I have said before, my firm conviction after my explorations, reading and inner work, is that suicide is just another way of leaving Earth. You've gotta forget the judicial system...it has never worked very well and never will, and is never going to be a part of life "over there." Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Reply #56 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 2:31am

Vee, your message sounds exactly right to me. 

The only way the "survivors" of a suicide suffer any more than anyone else who has lost a loved one is because of the survivor's view that the person who committed suicide did so intentionally and therefore caused the survivor's pain which could have been avoided if only the suicide hadn't done it.  But the suicide was most likely in great pain of whatever kind, beyond what the survivor would have wanted them to bear if they had known.

My daughter committed suicide a year ago this next week.  I know she was suffering greatly and saw no way to get to a better place in this life.  She didn't want to hurt me or others, but she just couldn't go on living in this world.

Through Bruce's friend Caryl, I know she is in a better place.  She is helping babies and children who come across who have no one to meet them.  As she says, "Finally, I can help."  Has she done a "life review"?  I don't know, though she says she sees thing so differently now.  Will she be "punished" for taking her own life?  I simply can't believe that her act of "checking out" early warrants punishment by some judge and jury in the sky any more than countless acts of cruelty, abuse and inhumanity done by some who live to a ripe (rotten?) old age.  Besides, I don't believe there is a judge and jury in the sky.

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #57 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 5:21am

Pat E- have you read Signals by Joel Rothschild ( on record as the longest survivor of full-blown AIDS)? It deals with the suicide of his best friend Albert and the aftermath.It is not a long book but I found it inspiring and something rather strange happened as I finished the book !

Smiley

Dave

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 2:16pm

It's just silly, but it's for a good cause. Apparently, today is World Porridge Day. I didn't know. I really didn't. The oatmeal just looked good to me, and I don't always buy it, and there wasn't a special sign there or anything to draw special attention to it. Just an ordinary day, tired of cereal, weather getting cooler...

But today, surprisingly, I find that a lot of folks are getting together to make porridge and talk about world hunger and try to make a difference. That's the kind of 'coincidence' I really like.

Quote:
I guess I don't really 'get' suicide. I mean, I just got back from the store on my bike, and I have this box of oatmeal in there now, and there are 4 different kinds of packets, and all you do is add hot water, and it's organic. There's always going to be oatmeal, right?

What more could anyone want?

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 4:05pm

hi i think about suicide everyday now ,ive got two drs on my back ,got to see phyciatrist now,hate this world and they want to know why ,sent my suicide note i wrote which deanna gave to the dr and she sent it to a phyciatrist,i begged my dr last week to put me away in this hospital but she wont let me ,i know that if i commit it then i will have to explain in heaven,but then again i probably wont have to because spirit know about it anyway ,drs put me on more drugs but they just dull it ,but dont take it away,my moms statying with me as drs dont trust me with the wine and tablets at the moment ,so suicide should not be punished because when it starts to be an option ,it takes more than encouraging words to take it away,but the phyciatrist may save me,who knows.

love and god bless love juditha

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.