Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
tell me that suicide cases are punished (Read 19777 times)
supermodel

Indiana
Re: tell me that suicide cases are punished
Reply #30 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 5:14pm

hawkeye wrote on Oct 2nd, 2009 at 2:30pm:
Where were we? Oh Yes...there's no punishment for suicide, unless you punish yourself. That was it.

LOL....now we're back on track! Wink

Supermodel....

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #31 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 9:21pm

Bets,
I agree with the tapping of fingers wanting to get on with it, so maybe we'll connect on another topic. Thanks for your kind words, and about learning, right back at you. Take care. Smiley

Hawkeye,
"Oh Yes...there's no punishment for suicide, unless you punish yourself. That was it."

Short and sweet. Agreed.

Supermodel,
I hear your 'moving on', and raise it with 'yet you're not moving'. Maybe you too like something you can relate to?

Kids. As a blank page relying on pages with words on them, the beginning of the book is going to make an impact as the story progresses, and those words can stick for a long time while being here, for better or worse. Though blows are softened early on, come adolescence and they bloom too, and an already rough start can get rougher. Having made a choice to have kids, the consequence is an extension of responsibility to include kids as they grow up, to teach them what one has learnt, and show them the way around the block. They will run into the world, the world will run into them, and there will be questions asked, lines to be drawn, laughter to be shared, and tears to be wiped. I don't care for beating oneself up with a suggested punishment, but I care for trying harder, for both the personal victory of getting past an almost all consuming (earthly) difficulty, and being a responsible parent that did his or her very best.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #32 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 10:11pm

Though the punishment for the suicide is in the final analysis self-inflicted, this verdict needs to be qualified.  The suicide cannot simply escape the consequences of his action.  Nor does the suicide provide the escape that solves the sufferer's problem.  As noted, the evidence of NDEs points to tormented souls who feel compelled to tune in to the lives and anguish of loved ones they victimized by their suicide.  I doubt they had any other choice if they loved the mourner in question.  NDE evidence also implies that the progress of the deceased can be delayed by the powerful grief of surviving loved ones who just cannot let them go.  Conversely, the case of Phyllis that I described on this site shows that the refusal or inability of a surviving loved one to grieve can delay the progress of the newly deceased loved one.  Also, NDE evidence indicates that the suicide will eventually be subjected to a past life review in which he will experience not only the events leading up to his suicide,but also the painful feelings of loved ones impacted by his decision.  ES's astral explorations suggest several such past life reviews when the soul is ready for them.

Don 
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2009 at 9:38pm by Berserk2 »  

IP Logged

Petrus

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #33 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 6:59pm

I'm fairly sure I committed suicide at the end of my last incarnation.  I had a lot of recurring dreams about it when I was younger, and I've always had a strong fear of heights and falling.  (The suicide method was jumping off the roof of a house)

While I can't remember a lot in the way of specifics, I *can* say that I don't believe that it solved my underlying problem.  I'm also inclined to believe that I committed suicide in 1974, and came back in 1977; so I didn't spend a lot of time in the Afterlife before being bounced back.

Basically I'd become sick of physical life, more or less in general; and as my natal chart reasonably strongly indicates, there had to be a strong degree of persuasion used to get me to come back this time.  I get the feeling that I was told in no uncertain terms that, while there were acceptable ways of permanently leaving the ELS, if that's what I wanted, suicide wasn't one of them.

I just didn't want to be on Earth at all any more, and truthfully for most of this lifetime, it's been an effort for me to become motivated to interact with other people.  That has been more true than ever before, since I broke up with my ex-girlfriend.  I'm tired of the way people treat each other.  The contemporary idea of normal human behaviour, is where (as one example) an elderly person can collapse in the middle of the road, or get run over, and it will be maybe one in 20 motorists who will stop and help them.

Most people never learn anything, either; it is just the same pattern, over and over again, while the profit motive dominates literally every facet of human existence.  The repetition in that sense, is the main thing I get deeply tired of.  It is both agonising and entirely pointless.

Was I punished?  I'm actually inclined to answer yes, truthfully.  I'm autistic currently, and something tells me that is a punishment for the suicide.  I also had a kidney removed at 13, and I've tended to believe that that happened in order to prevent me from being able to engage in a lot of drug or alcohol abuse, which I suspect I did in the previous lifetime, as well.

I don't know how to engage with other people and have it become something positive, either.  The last several times when I've tried, have generally resulted either in me nearly being killed, or getting into seriously psychologically abusive situations which have only reduced my desire to interact with people even more.

At this point, I'm not focused on too much more than survival, and the limited computer use I'm able to engage in.  Loneliness is gradually becoming more and more of a problem, recently, and I'm not sure how to deal with that yet, either.  I don't think the answer is going to be to try and get involved with someone else again; I've been there and done that, and I am not interested in putting my wellbeing on the line to that extent again.

...&&eMule : Welcome to Aquarian society.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #34 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 11:17pm

Petrus, there some similarities to what I've experienced. In my view on my suicidal past life, I jumped from a cliff. Before this, and still, sometimes, I have dreams where I am laying on a featureless plane and am magically yet terribly drawn to the edge of that plane, onto a deep abyss.
    When I once asked about what was before this incarnation, I found I was reluctant to come back, but was told "You know it is the best" and I somehow agreed.
   I've never felt like being at home here on earth, more like a stranger who doesn't know what's the point of being here, and I'm annoyed by the sillyness and hardship all around. I live very solitary, but have a few regular social contacts. I've been born into a family who I feel do love me, and that's what keeps me alive.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #35 - Oct 4th, 2009 at 7:12am

Petrus and Spooky I can definitely relate to some of the things you've said.

Although I've never had any inkling to what my past life or lives entailed but I've always felt...

1. Why the heck am I here?
2. There is no purpose to life.
3. I hate the way we treat each other here and feel that there is a "better" existence.
4. Why the heck am I here? Embarrassed

Supermodel....

IP Logged

Volu

Reply #36 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 10:57am

Spooky,
"I've never felt like being at home here on earth, more like a stranger who doesn't know what's the point of being here, and I'm annoyed by the sillyness and hardship all around. I live very solitary, but have a few regular social contacts. I've been born into a family who I feel do love me, and that's what keeps me alive."

I like your no-frills honesty and empathize with you. Certainly have felt and still feel like a stranger in this system. This is one area I connect with being an individual, as I can't and and won't be a part of what's deemed ordinary in this world, with some exceptions like making a living. My two beautiful best friends are what make my stay worthwhile. The irony is that I found them in a dark place, with depression and black metal being key ingredients. Tried really hard to obliterate my feelings, but found out that there was a core within that was impossible to destroy. At that time I made a sweeping harsh statement calling people zombies for being able to function in this place, but now see that as tiny sparks of greater selves, we are on different levels. Have other friends that I hang out with, but the scope of connection is limited to specific areas like sharing a fondness for games, movies, music and such, and start to feel uncomfortable after a while with the vibrations that most of the time seem to circle around boring everyday stuff. I've got a strong longing for moving on from lunging this body around, to return to my true self, but still got lessons to deal with and experiences to make here.

You sound like a very likable spark. My best wishes for your path.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #37 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 1:30pm

Very interesting that many of us here remember our suicides from our past lives. I believe that is possible because of the high emotion connected with the experience. I too remember a personal suicide. When I was a child of around 5 or six. I recall experiencing a memory of hanging myself in a closet. I ended up even playing a game where I repeated the experience. Freaked my mother out when I called her down to my room to find me. After a good butt tanning, I never repeated it. I have always remembered the memory.
Now what of those who kill themselves at an old age? By refusing medication or treatment. Must they also be stuck in the revolving door of reliving the experience until they have a cognition about the effects on others. Or they except that their actions are "bad". Because giving up on life..isn't that suicide also?By having a living will and at the end of your life refusing further medication..isn't that suicide?
No one else owns your life. I believe in the rights of those wishing to end their lives, to do so. The belief that they will end up in a hell for any length of time(?) may well be just "bung". Having killed myself in a past life, I understand that there are lessons to be learned. Mostly about how the event effects others and about love. Some believe that its OK for an older person to kill them self, but not a young person. Is the feeling of loss any less for someone older?
Then there is the point about emotional attachment to those who have moved on by committing suicide. Yes the emotions of others effected can hold a part of them back. It would be most difficult to pass through the aperture, as an example, with an attachment to the phyical. Although it would seem that some here believe that it not possible to progress spiritually it you kill ones self. (I wonder when Bob will ever get fully past the entrance with all the love and emotion that is directed towards him?)

IP Logged

pratekya

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #38 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 5:33pm

Hmm, not trying to be offensive with this, but have you guys who've experienced these memories ever considered that you have tuned into another discarnate spirit's memories instead and you're considering it your own?  Obviously you know better than anyone else, but if I had those memories that's what I would think was happening as I don't believe reincarnation normally happens, unless maybe someone dies as a very young person.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #39 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 8:51pm

Pratekya,

Your interpretation strikes me as the most likely.  When a discarnate spirit merges with either an incarnate human or an astral projector without their knowing this, the memories of the discarnate spirit are experienced as if they belonged to the percipient. 

Don

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #40 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 10:08pm

Hi,

Hawkeye said:  "Now what of those who kill themselves at an old age? By refusing medication or treatment. Must they also be stuck in the revolving door of reliving the experience until they have a cognition about the effects on others. Or they except that their actions are "bad". Because giving up on life..isn't that suicide also? By having a living will and at the end of your life refusing further medication..isn't that suicide? "

Like the word 'love', perhaps 'suicide' isn't adequate to cover all situations of 'self-exiting.' We need more words for these important aspects of life.

Hospice and even earlier 'self-exiting' surely must be exempt from having to replay the missing parts -- if those parts don't strongly involve others. Like at near the very end of an aged life.

Aren't we all a part of a web of life? So if we've met all the encounters planned for us, that were to teach us and those we interact with, then surely we can go. So how can you tell if youhave fulfilled your role in the lives of each person you've met and maybe are yet to meet?

Bets
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2009 at 8:46am by betson »  

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #41 - Oct 5th, 2009 at 10:27pm

Volu: Yes, we could establish a club, but people like us don't establish clubs. It's not easy, but within this state of mind, there are lessons and findings possible, which are impossible to gain for a happy camper.

Hawkeye: I believe there is no general rule. Every case is special. There may be suicides that are okay. In my case I told of, I found the reason why I did it was simply not sufficient: In that life, I had been tired of being poor, always struggling to have enough to eat for my family and myself, it was embarrasing for me, and thought they would be better off anyway if I left them. After I did it, all that became so tiny in relation to the love we shared, and I couldn't believe that I had been so blind not to see that I just had to stay with them as long as possible.

Pratekya and Don, yes, I considered this. I don't know if it actually was a past life of mine. There even is the possibility that this person I attributed as "me" had been someone else, and still "me" in the sense that there is a connection of the disk/higher self sort. I don't know this. Nevertheless, the details of my experience make it seem most unlikely that an imposter just wanted to tell me a story to have some fun. More likely it would be I told me that story myself for some reason. At first, I saw children playing on a meadow. Then I saw a lady, which was familar to me, but I had no memory about her. Then she "told" me that story (which was more like a video) and at the beginning I didn't know what that was about. I then started to feel guilty, and I noticed I am suppressing something, but it more and more dawned on me what it was, until I couldn't suppress it and the story unfold and I accepted and knew, that guy was me, and the lady and the children had been my wife and my children in that life. It took me some days to recover from the emotions and the consequences of this experience. So, when it wasn't a past life of mine, it nevertheless was a significant experience. And we can never find a proof which makes it absolutely certain that a story we experience is a past life anyway.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Volu

Reply #42 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 10:13am

Excellent response, Spooky.

Addressing whom it may concern: loved ones being victimized by suicide - how deep is your (adult) love? Is the love greater than that for cake? The adult loved ones missing a spirit can also get to know what it is like to drown in self-pity. The one committing suicide is supposedly selfish, but 'you left ME!' Can you also let go of somebody being run over by a runaway ice cream truck; is that being victimized? Still drop dead, either by own hand(s) or ice cream truck, or the many other possibilities to exit earth involvement.

Is the "love" people still on earth feel, the punishment in this thread?

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #43 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 1:03pm

There is also the mass suicide instances. Like in Jones-town. Jim Jones goes off to his hell ...but what of the others who truly believed they would be going to heaven? Why would they go to a hell? Some parents killed their own children. They must end up in hell. But what of the older children. The ones who may have had an small understanding of what was going on. Hell/ heaven? Or the person who at the last moment changed their mind and stepped in front of a bullet in an effort to stop the killing of anouther who was attempting to run away. That's still a suicide. The real fact may be that there is no such areas as heaven or hell. These "areas" could be a figment of our imaginations or as a result of fear based indoctrination by the church. In the experience I mentioned involving my self, I didn't spend any time in hell. I reviewed and came back to have anouther kick at the can. These hells and heavens existence all revolve around the premise of judgment. Worthy of heaven, or unworthy and sent to hell. Could it be the ridiculousness of organised religion attempting to control the minds of the masses and keep their coffers full through fear?

IP Logged

pratekya

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #44 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 1:49pm

I like to consider myself to be open minded, but the problem with no hell existing, or our afterlife condition simply determined by our self assessment or belief about our own inherent worth is that it seems to totally negate justice in this life and the next.  Sociopaths who believe they are incredibly kind while torturing others would end up in heaven.  All of life's suffering basically becomes a joke, a sick joke at the expense of most of humanity.  More people die from malaria every day, which is largely preventable, than died in the attacks on the US on 9/11.  I would think that justice should demand more of a response from a rich country like the US than inaction on this issue and many more.  If hell or variations of afterlife conditions don't exist, justice for most of humanity would also not exist.  I'm not saying there is no progression in the afterlife, or that our views in the afterlife aren't important, but no hell or punishment = no justice for humanity.

One other thing.  Punishment may need not be active.  I don't think that God necessarily punishes people like a mother slapping the hand of a child who tries to eat a cookie.  Punishment could be much more automatic, such as if the child ate many cookies and felt sick afterward.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.