Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
tell me that suicide cases are punished (Read 19754 times)
Iank

ALK Member

uk
tell me that suicide cases are punished
Sep 27th, 2009 at 2:47am

just wondering?

IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Re: tell me that suicide cases are punished
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 5:27am

There seems to be some inconsistency in observations on suicide. Robert Monroe basically said that there was no ban on suicide and that no-one worth listening to was going to punish or even condemn you for this.
However, Michael Newton's books have many interlife (if that's the word) hypnotic regression sessions where the person who had committed suicide had to face up to their soul groups and guides and account for their actions. So while there was/is understanding of what happens, you have to face up to it and realise that you will still have to face whatever problems that you had in future lives.
Mind you, this is a world away from one book I read that stated that suicides had their guardian angels taken away from them. I get the impression that that was just a bit of propaganda dressed up so as to discourage people from considering it.
Anyway, why should suicide cases be punished? We're supposedly given no more than we are capable of handling in our lives, BUT (and this is a big but) when you're really going through the mill and you can't take any more, life seems to be crapping all over you and you see no future ahead, then AT THE TIME and WITH THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE AT THAT TIME it might seem to be the only logical course of action.
Anyone who would punish you as a result of your conclusions would be unreasonable at best and totally controlling at worst. I can understand anyone wanting to end it all through circumstances they can neither control or understand, and at times like these, trust seems impossible and irrelevant, and being in emotional turmoil then trying to listen to guides is absolutely impossible.

Probably other folks here can comment further on this.

Best wishes,
David.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 8:57am

I personally believe that they are given a time of reflection. Perhaps the circumstances vary, but I have never seen anyone being punished.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 10:03am

In the NDE that inspired modern interest in this phenomenon, George Ritchie sees a tormented young suicide following his grieving mother and repeatedly shouting, "I'm sorry, I didn't know!  I didn't know!" If suicides are forced to face the tragic consequences of their actions, this in itself seems to be a form of self-imposed punishment.

Don 
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2009 at 5:11pm by Berserk2 »  

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #4 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 10:44am

No one is punished. I have observed suicides encased in a golden coccoon of light in the Healing and Rejuvenation Centers on various "levels", but have also observed those seemingly caught in the in-between levels, what Bruce called the "hollow heavens" and Monroe called Focus 24-25-26. I have often posted that these levels are being cleared, and that they are not so "populated" as they were only a few earth years ago. This is no accident and has been observed by many OBE'ers.

No, on one is ever punished. Or lost forever (here I disagree with Bruce as my info is different).

Thomas

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 11:20am

What most people seem to say on this board is that when you kill yourself you are lost in a state of confusion and emotions in which you cannot get out of until you accept what you have done and become ready to move on.

Not saying I believe it, I don't believe anything for certain. HaHa!

IP Logged

Neil Gordon

Reply #6 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 11:55am

Depends on your belief system and the ultimate true nature of reality (if such a thing exists).

If life is a school: Possibility that your reincarnation after suicide will be a carbon copy of your previous incarnation, allowing you multiple attempts to get over the hurdles that cause you to commit suicide.

If life is Pure Unconditional Love (PUL): 2 possibilities 1) You will be your own punisher, as you will regret hurting those who love you. 2) You'll disolve back into PUL and see that it was irrelevant (hence no punishment)

If prison planet: Most likely the warders discourage suicide and will have a punishment lined up for you. After that (between lives purgatory), as a joke you will most likely reincarnate into the same circumstances.

P.S. Notice the body is 99% suicide proof . Like being in a prison or institution, suicide is almost impossible.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 2:26pm

Well, I mean, think about it. Some people might need to express some anger, after all that. Some people might need to express their feelings of victimization. Some people might need to feel loved, in a big way. Who can say?

Wouldn't it be appropriate to have the time to do that? My own personal interpretation is that the universe allows us to be who we are to the best extent possible. There's a momentum going, even if a person decides to end their life. There are energies that must be released.

Who am I to say how that should be done?

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #8 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 9:53pm

In a mind journey I had an experience very similar to what Don has posted. In what appeared as a past life of mine, I commited suicide, but immediately after that I realised I had been full of grief that I did so, just like the ones I left behind, and who I, that's what it felt, betrayed, them, and our love we shared. This had been shown to me by this very family I had left, and I was assured that they don't blame me; I only had to know what I had done. And it hurted so bad.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #9 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 12:03am

spooky2 wrote on Sep 27th, 2009 at 9:53pm:
I realised I had been full of grief that I did so, just like the ones I left behind, and who I, that's what it felt, betrayed, them, and our love we shared.
I only had to know what I had done. And it hurted so bad.
Spooky

Spooky;
Well said..Smiley and to the point.

sorry to say that what you felt like...betrayed..yes you did betrayed the love you share with those members of family/friends/acquaintance etc.

People who suicide only care about themself and only themself not about  the peoples who love them and care for them, otherwise they will have made the effort to talk to those they love before doing it.

I personally find it very hard to care for those suicidal especially when they leave young children s/husbands behind. I know i should not and try to change that, but it's hard to care in those circumstances..it's something i have to learn.

PUL
Romain

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #10 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 1:26am

Romain wrote on Sep 28th, 2009 at 12:03am:
spooky2 wrote on Sep 27th, 2009 at 9:53pm:
I realised I had been full of grief that I did so, just like the ones I left behind, and who I, that's what it felt, betrayed, them, and our love we shared.
I only had to know what I had done. And it hurted so bad.
Spooky

Spooky;
Well said..Smiley and to the point.

sorry to say that what you felt like...betrayed..yes you did betrayed the love you share with those members of family/friends/acquaintance etc.

People who suicide only care about themself and only themself not about  the peoples who love them and care for them, otherwise they will have made the effort to talk to those they love before doing it.

I personally find it very hard to care for those suicidal especially when they leave young children s/husbands behind. I know i should not and try to change that, but it's hard to care in those circumstances..it's something i have to learn.

PUL
Romain

Hey Romain,

I have been suicidal many times and trust me, when you're in that frame of mind, you're not thinking rationally, but you "think" that you are.  Suicide seems like the only option sometimes (I know its not)

I have an 11 year old, and when I'm suffering from my pain, I think hard and long about things. She is the reason why I've been here this long.

Honestly, I can't make any promises, but I go to my scheduled therapy so that I can be there for my kid. We have a great relationship and I'd never want to leave her, but depressed people suffer from a chemical imbalance which makes that part of our brain, not think in a logical manner for a while.

I hate that I have this, but its something that I'm dealing with and hopefully will overcome. Smiley

Supermodel....

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #11 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 2:03am

Romain,
"People who suicide only care about themself and only themself not about  the peoples who love them and care for them, otherwise they will have made the effort to talk to those they love before doing it."

Love is irrelevant when faced with an emotional black hole. Even more so when the ones around, not even close to the same degree of emotional turmoil, can't muster a purple heart.

"PUL
Romain"

You're full of it allright. Jeezaloo, that's the most pompous punch line ever. Can you even spell unconditional?

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #12 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 11:23am

supermodel wrote on Sep 28th, 2009 at 1:26am:
[quote author=300D0F030B0C620 link=1254034050/9#9 date=1254110619][quote author=73706F6F6B7932000 link=1254034050/8#8 date=1254102832]

I hate that I have this, but its something that I'm dealing with and hopefully will overcome. Smiley

Super;
Just keep at it and remember the little one and you'll do fine.
PUL
R.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #13 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 1:25pm

Of course, the depressed person needs treatment and perhaps medication.  But it is universally recognized by Christian contemplatives and mystic masters that "the dark night of the soul" can be an advanced spiritual state.  Some of the most effective Christian preachers have been clinically depressed!  The depression of "the dark night of the soul" often renders its victim more sensitive, more empathetic to the suffering of others,  and hence more capable of spiritual growth and insight.  In this sense, it can be a superior spiritual state to "normal" balanced consciousness. 

People commit suicide for many reason--some very  immoral, others understandable and tragic.  In the latter category, I would place a deeply spiritual parishioner who could no longer bear the pain of a growing, malignant, inoperable brain tumor.  So he shot himself in the head in his driveway and his wife called the church and just flatly observed, "Al is in the driveway!"  She needed to say no more. 

The Bible never treats suicide as a sin.  It discusses 2 cases.  (1) Judas betrays Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.  Then he grasps the enormity of his mistaken disillusionment and goes out and hands himself.  But this suicide expresses remorse and makes Judas more of a tragic figure than an evil figure.

(2) In a lost battle with the Philistines, King Saul lies mortally wounded on the battle field and asks his armor bearer to finish him off before he is captured, tortured, and executed by the victorious Philistines.  Saul was a flawed character, but his suicide is treated as a tragic, heroic act, not as a sin. 

Don

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 2:10pm

Hi I had the doctor in the week ,i took wine and tablets and i seriuosly had made up my mind to go but i was saved and now im on more medication and i been reffered to a phycriatic nurse at last because i been crying to them for years for help and now im finally getting it,but i did not even care when i tried to take my life at the time because the urge to do it was so strong and at that time i had had enough and i wanted out.i asked god to forgive me when i would have entered the spiritworld

Love and God bless love juditha

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.