Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Who Thinks the A-Life is like Robin Williams movie (Read 2988 times)
Terethian
Ex Member

Who Thinks the A-Life is like Robin Williams movie
Sep 25th, 2009 at 12:32pm

The movie, what dreams may come starring Robin Williams has an afterlife in which pretty much anything is possible, you start out typically watching the Earth for a while, someone meets you and tries to guide you away from the world. Once you are ready you leave the world and enter your own special place, most likely your own world and you have a body etc. Then you can leave that world to join the others. The only odd thing is in the movie everyone is always represented by having a body. The concept of no body really really sucks to me too so I like the way the movie did it.

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Re: Who Thinks the A-Life is like Robin Williams movie
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 5:57pm

I really liked that movie.

Supermodel....

IP Logged

LiveLaughLoveIt

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 7:08pm

This is by far one of my favorite movies. Makes me cry within 5 minutes of watching it every single time. The thought of not being in a body makes me a little weary also, but it sure would be cool to try some things that are impossible for a physical body...I believe where he ran fast and jumped off that cliff.

Measure your life in love.
lovexsoco18  
IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 10:41am

This seems to be the major concern people have about "over there." Will I still be me? Will I still have my body?

Why would you want the wings of a Sparrow when you are given the wings of an Eagle? YOU is a suit of clothes you put on for a time, and YOU are not in there any more than Beethoven is in a radio playing Beethoven's 5th.

When you get tired of the body and bored with "playing house", you can let it all go, and it is then that the real adventures can start. There is MUCH more beyond The Park, beyond Focus 27. In fact, most of it.....

However, any activity out of the physical body, even if it is in a virtual duplicate, is good practice and builds your energetic self, your spiritual self. And the key is PRACTICE and INTENTION.

Just my 2 cents.

Thomas

IP Logged

Claudio Pisani

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Lauria, Italy
Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 11:13am

Many years ago I asked Bruce's opinion about this movie and he told me that it  was a very realistic depiction of the afterlife, at least on what happens in F27.  Smiley

Love,Light & Serenity!&&Claudio
IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 8:09pm

I was deeply moved by the movie, even though its cheezy ending tainted it for me. Though I have a reasoned rejection of reincarnation, I did not mind the insertion of this theme, just the silly way it was done: "I found you in Hell; so I should be able to find you in New Jersey."  Yuck!  Also, Heaven was portrayed as a dull, static place, despite the projection of motifs from the imagination of the deceased.  I longed for some sense of purpose, some hint of new educational options. 

What I really liked was the exploration of the father's postmortem relationships with his 2 chilldren.  It was interesting that the children impersonated someone else when present with Robin Williams, their Dad.  Robin's determination to "retrieve" his suicidal wife was exquisitely sensitive and provocative, if not accurate.

For 2 years, I sponsor a monthly potluck dinner and movie night that draw a good crowd from the community.  I show only great movies that express spiritual themes.  I am still debating whether I will show "What Dreams May Come."  At present, "What the [Bleep]" strikes me as a better choice.   

Don

IP Logged

Petrus

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #6 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 12:49am

Berserk2 wrote on Sep 26th, 2009 at 8:09pm:
I am still debating whether I will show "What Dreams May Come."  At present, "What the [Bleep]" strikes me as a better choice.

Forgive me for sounding cynical, but "What the Bleep," is essentially an infomercial for Ramtha.

I feel that "What Dreams May Come," would be a much, much better choice.  There's a lot more heart and emotion in it, and I think it probably captures people's attention to a far greater degree.  It is a beautiful movie.

...&&eMule : Welcome to Aquarian society.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 3:55pm

I too just wanted to say that What Dreams May Come is probably my favorite movie. It has some problems, but I really like vision of what might be out there. If I can have a body in my dreams then I figure in the dreams to come I will have one if I want one.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #8 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 6:54am

All,

Yes, from my experience What Dreams May Come is an excellant protrayal of the sort of afterlife experience the Robin Williams character could have.  I wouldn't say that I agree with every little detail but as a whole it is spot on in my opinion.

I would also say that the Bruce Willis character in movie The Sixth Sense is another excellant portrayal of the experience a person might have immediately after death who is "stuck".  And again there are a few minor details I might quibbble with, but as a whole, for the characters the movie it is spot on.

I still like to re-watch What the Bleep Do We Know occassionally for the incredibly detailed examination of human conscious it portrays.

Bruce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.