Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Theories of Incarnation (Read 1411 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Theories of Incarnation
Sep 24th, 2009 at 8:47am

Some proponents of New Age thought believe that we are Godlike in spirit, and actively plan for this current incarnation, picking out potential parents, life situatoins, etc. and traveling in spirit with friends and loved ones deliberately to make spiritual progress over possibly many lifetimes. 

Others, including some Eastern religions, believe that if we don't blend with the universe, and ascend to a heaven, that we get caught up in Maya or illusion and are drawn back inevitably, against our will to reincarnate by our attachment to earthly objects/things/desires.

Then there are those who feel we incarnate by a divine process, but one to which we are not actively involved in decision making before life.

What is the evidence that one of these theories may be correct, and what do you think?

Matthew

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Re: Theories of Incarnation
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 9:47am

Hi

Mostly "New Age" is mostly a revival of ancient mysticism from Tibetan, Hindu, kabbalahist (word?), early Christian, etc sources. New Age tried to separate out the editing (papal, Victorian, etc) from past spiritual wisdom. 

Some New Age ideas have added the influence of more recent 'cosmic' or collective consciousness to suggest that in the last two thousand years, Love has eased some of the stricter 'laws' of reincarnation.

I believe that the most loving considerations take precedence. Since what I see as the most loving might not be so to others, I'll not be more specific.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 12:10pm

Quote:
What is the evidence that one of these theories may be correct, and what do you think?

Hello Mathew.

By evidence, do you mean historical facts, corroborative experiences, or both? All that I've read in books and on this website convinces me on the corroborative experiences part.

It's possible that other races of beings have solved the science of alternate realities or planes of existence. If the world governments have any access to this knowledge, then they are keeping a lid on it.

I have been in hopes of being visited by a benevolent alien race, but no luck as of yet. They may be able to help me in my quest for knowledge, beyond my own meditative access.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 10:00pm

I think it's similar with reincarnation as it is with life. Bound to the common way of talking, we think we make decisions and these decisions cause specific results. I think this is superficial. Our "decisions" are just illusional points of time, points that doesn't exist, but just the flow of all; we're not in control of our decisions, as we're not in control of our thoughts, as we're not in control of ourselves. Reincarnation is not something which can be understood by assuming a single physical-humanlike entity who decides "Oh, I missed some things in my last life experience, so I guess I seek out a future incarnation to learn what I failed to learn the last time" or "I need to have that experience, I couldn't manage it in my last incarnation, it must be great, so I'll dive into a new one which provides this experience". It may appear to be so. But this is as superficial as the opinion that we're controlling our lives. I think we're a consciousness stream embedded and nourished by something far greater.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.