Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Pets in the afterlife (Read 11254 times)
LiveLaughLoveIt

Re: Pets in the afterlife
Reply #15 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 5:30pm

Sorry to hear that DavidLay. Do let us know if you have any dreams! I think I had one about my dog a few days ago, but it's been hard for me to remember most of my dreams the last few weeks, especially details...

Measure your life in love.
lovexsoco18  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #16 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 10:43am

Many years ago one of my cats had to be put to sleep.  He was dying from a sudden diabetes onset.  It was extremely hard to make that decision, and I literally couldn't stop crying.  By the next day, when I was sitting on my bed crying, I felt the cat jump up onto the bed, walk across the bed, and plop down next to me.  I couldn't see or feel his body, but I knew he was there.  If it had only happened once I probably could have thought it wasn't real, but this went on for 2 months.  Each time he came I would talk to him out loud, telling him how much I loved him and thanking him for this experience.  Then one night the cat did this when my husband was there too (and I was thankful that someone else witnessed it with me).  My husband was incredibly shocked because he doesn't believe in this kind of thing.  We decided to say our goodbyes together, and we let our cat know he could move on to wherever he needed to be because we were ok now.  And I thanked him for loving me enough to visit me in this way. 

I don't have the answers to where he went or what he's doing or if he can reincarnate, but at least I know he was able to give me this incredible experience.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 11:56am

That's great to hear, Vicky. I had an experience with one of my cats, too, where I felt it in my arms, just as if it had stepped off of a table into them. This cat was certainly one of the best friends I have ever had.

Here is a clever cat, taking a shower in the kitchen sink, and listening to jazz.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNiAkib6kDE

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #18 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 7:14am

I am sure just like we humans animals live on after death.

During my NDE I saw my long dead beloved pet dog bully, I could feel his love in a way one can not on earth. By telepathy it was possible to communicate with his sweet cuddly mind

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Elanor

Reply #19 - Nov 16th, 2009 at 3:19am

Hi everyone, my beloved pet, a male Winter White dwarf hamster died this morning. Pouch struggled through the night, but he waited for me this morning, and died in my hand.  Cry

I would so much like to know that animals, like humans, have souls.

Does anyone have any comments on Michael Newton's book, Destiny of Souls? There is a chapter in it about animal souls, that they do indeed exist, albeit in a different place from human souls.

Thank you for listening.

Love, Elanor

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Nov 16th, 2009 at 6:45am

Just to say, not a big book reader these days, but I am sure Pouch is in a good place. I have it on my own kind of authority that he has been received into good company. If I could explain that in a rational way, I would, but suffice it to say that three other fellow 'critters' have given me the 'heads up' for you (part of the family), so take it for what it's worth. Says quite a lot, he waited for you, you know. To let go, and all. Best to you.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #21 - Nov 16th, 2009 at 7:06am

I think animals like humans phase out of the physical and it is not as hard for them because they do it all the time when they are here. Yes, if there is an afterlife and not simply a continuation of this life in a new body the animals are right there with us. Always. I you had asked me that a few weeks ago I wouldn't have know what to say but I now I a dog Named L.D. and I know he willl follow me where ever I go.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Elanor

Reply #22 - Nov 17th, 2009 at 10:48am

Hi b2, thanks for yours and your critters' replies.  Smiley  Ok, I'll take it for what it's worth, but please do indulge me on the irrational explanation, and on what sort of critters you share your home with! Yes, you're right, he waited for me to let go. I'm sure it was his way of saying goodbye, and how much I meant to him. He waited until the morning, when I was frantic trying to locate an emergency vet, then he crawled unsteadily into my hand, gave a few final gasps, then passed away. I miss him so much... these two days have been incredibly diffcult for me.

I went out of body once (according to Bets, in my fourth causal body! By the way, Bets, if you're reading this, I did do some reading up on this and found some Buddhist literature on it, it was fascinating but incredibly complex!), so I know for sure this is not the end for me - but I dearly hope my beloved animals will be with me.

I recall Robert Bruce saying he saw animals projecting out of body, and it was the most beautiful sight.

Beau, thank you for your reassurance. Was L.D. your pet? Do you mean that he is following you around in spirit?

Thanks so much again, your replies and kindness means alot to me.
Elanor x

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Nov 17th, 2009 at 12:42pm

Elanor, okay, I'll indulge you a little. I will say that I have come to realize that my world is full of little messages, little synchronicities which make sense to no one but myself most of the time. Therefore, I have become open to influences around me, within short and long time periods, and open to interpreting symbols in my environment, whether these symbols appear in dreams or in my 'waking' life. So, in my home, there are three critters -- they are symbolic. One is a squirrel, one is a beaver, one is a raccoon. They are of equal size, because they are symbolic. They are small. These critters only entered my home on Friday evening, and were unpacked from a basket I bought at a charity event when I awoke on Saturday. Along with other more 'garden' themed items, all with the theme of bees. Maybe it's crazy, and I don't know you personally, but my world takes things personally. See? It all talks to me, if I let it. And my world tells me, because of the connection I felt, and the 'yes' feeling I got, which I practice, feeling that 'yes' feeling, when I read your post. So I knew. I just knew. I can look at those faces and just know. For what it's worth.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #24 - Nov 17th, 2009 at 6:08pm

Hi

I got more sensory input from deceased pets than any other afterlife way.  Smiley   I've felt the touch of Gandey's collie fur sitting next to me, and smelled wet dog smell when Rimsky brushed past, joyfully running full tilt after living more slowly on only three legs.
I wonder if these senses are involved because their afterlife is closer to our physical realm?

Lately I've been getting impressions of the Sheltie breed, which I've never had around but always admired. So I'm wondering if we can please include possible 'future life pets' in this pet afterlife thread?
I think I'll name him Gagnon  Cheesy

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #25 - Nov 17th, 2009 at 9:06pm

There have been a couple of occasions while in an astral state I experienced myself affectionately petting a deceased pet cat.

Some people have met deceased pets during near death experiences.

Perhaps a soul is a soul, regardless of what humancentric thought might say

IP Logged

Elanor

Reply #26 - Nov 17th, 2009 at 10:02pm

Hi b2, thanks for your interesting post. It sounds as though you are keenly in tune with some form of intuition! When I quieten my mind through meditation, and silence the internal chatter, I find I receive messages clearer, too. (But at most other times, the mundane runs my life!) That night after my pet passed away, I prayed quite intensely. Almost immediately after, my attention was suddenly drawn to my clock, which flicked to 22:22 the moment I looked at it. (I see recurring numbers quite a bit, 11:11, 9:11, etc.) I don't know what it means though. I see them when I ask for a sign that my prayer has been heard, so I guess that must be my confirmation.

Hi Bets, it's great to hear from you, I hope all is well. You must especially adore dogs. I'm more a cat person, but am severely allergic! Anyway, yes, please tell us more about your Sheltie spirit friend!

Hello Recoverer, that's lovely to hear, and I couldn't agree more. The humancentric believes that we have dominion over earth, and that animals are here to serve our purposes.

I feel a deep appreciation for all of you, thank you for your kindness. Elanor x

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #27 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 10:18am

Hi Elanor,

The spirit Sheltie is a small version of the collie we once had share our lives. Same coloring as Lassie from Tv and just as sweet! I believe Gagnon will be a mature dog (not a puppy),  when he gets to our home.  My visions of him don't have much plot or even action, just see him standing and waiting for the right time.  I'm looking forward to it!

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

joe

ALK Member

Reply #28 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 10:23am

My border collie was put to sleep 2 days ago and i am in a bad way i was in a book  shop to day with my son just looking at some books after about 15 mins ,i picked up this book at random flicking throuth some pages then stopped at this page and looked down and i could not believe what i saw it was the name of my dog molly,is this a sign ,my son was shocked.joe

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #29 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 1:30pm

Hi Joe and Son,

My condolences regarding Molly's passing.

Spirit knows and cares about your grief. Bringing you to Molly's name in random pages of a random book was Spirit's way of letting you know that you have It's /Their care and concern.  It's a loving universe, Joe!  Isn't that amazing ?!

We always hear that when the sparrow falls, it's taken care of in heaven, but it's still like a miracle when we get a direct message!
Maybe now that you've experienced this one, you will find other ways of noticing spirit's role in your life.  That is Molly's gift to you.

Thank you for telling about it with us.

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.