Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Pets in the afterlife (Read 11240 times)
LiveLaughLoveIt

Pets in the afterlife
Sep 22nd, 2009 at 1:05am

My dog recently got very sick and we just had to put her to sleep earlier today. It's making me very uneasy about not understanding what happens to animals in the afterlife; I would think they have the same fate as us, but I'd like some reassurance. Hopefully by getting some information it would allow me to believe she's with family members who have died; or at least understand what's typical for an animal.

Also, one other thing I'm very curious about is, will an animal who lived always be an "animal spirit", or can spirits swap around different species in other lives?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Measure your life in love.
lovexsoco18  
IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Re: Pets in the afterlife
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 1:38am

Hi, LLLI,

I can offer a few thoughts, though no real answers. 

In the Buddhist view, we can take rebirth in different forms, including animals, depending on karma, etc.  In fact, one of the teachings about compassion and kindness is to treat all sentient beings as once having been your mother, because probably they were at one time.

In one of Bob Monroe's books, he tells of a "curl" about to move into a human life who apparently was a first-timer having previously been a pet, probably a dog or cat.

So, I think you can take heart that your dear friend is there in the afterlife.

Pat

IP Logged

DavidLay

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 4:31am

Hello there, LiveLaughLoveIt. Although I'm not 100% sure on this, I think it is entirely possible that our pets spend some time in the afterlife. I have had recurring dreams where I have seen one or more of my deceased cats in a place and even though I remembered them as not being alive, and then seeing them living and finding it to be so surreal that I wondered if perhaps they were alive this whole time. In one dream, I was in this office like place and I saw one of my old cats there and I went to the front desk and asked the lady about it and she said that this is where he lives now and that they are taking care of him. These dreams seemed very vivid at the time. At the same time it is also plausible that animals keep reincarnating into larger and more complex life forms until they reincarnate as humans, since there are people who have memories of being an animal in a past life. I have always wondered about this subject as well. Although I'm no expert on the topic, I hope these answers were of some help.
Peace and love,
David.

fixationdavid xavitotoenailx  
IP Logged

QuantumSoul

ALK Member

States
Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 8:43am

My dog TJ is up there in age, I know I don't have much time with him left in the physical. It would really be nice if our animal friends are all waiting for us on the other side.

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 9:16am

From what I read with Bruce Moen's books, I've learned that sometimes our deceased pets are there for us when we cross over.

I think your pet is doing just fine. Smiley

Supermodel....

IP Logged

Cricket

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 10:39am

When I was ten or so, our dog died (he was kind of a nasty tempered old bugger, so I wasn't all that torn up, so I wasn't hoping to see him or anything).

I was outside playing some hide and seek sort of game, just at late dusk, and looked down at a spreading juniper bush I thought someone might jump out at me from (being that sort of game), and there was that dog, laying there looking up at me and wagging his tail (very uncharacteristic for him - I would have been unlikely to imagine him being friendly).

Saw him clear as day for about three seconds.

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #6 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 11:56am

One of the most wonderful moments of my first experience on Focus 27 (Monore-speak for The Park and environs) was to see my faithful Old English Sheepdog Rafferty sitting and waiting for me, exploding with love and kisses when she saw me coming. Yes, our pets come, too, at least for a while before, they, too, go on to other adventures.

Thomas

IP Logged

LiveLaughLoveIt

Reply #7 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 1:56pm

Thanks everyone for your replies!

She was apart of my life since I was 7, and is one of the greatest losses I've ever experienced in this life. It's just very unnerving for me to think that I'll never see her again or that she won't be there whenever I crossover.

But you guys gave me some faith she will be. It's all the more incentive to learn what you guys do and help reach Focus 27 to possibly be with her sooner.

lovexsoco18  
IP Logged

ChantillyChopper

Deland, Fl
Reply #8 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 5:53pm

Before I could speak all on my own to my fiance, I spoke to two different mediums...who by the way were great.   But the one lady said,  your Scott is holding a black cat that belongs to you...I knew right then that she was talking about my Casper!   So I would say, yes they are there waiting to greet us!

We ride and never worry about the fall!

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 6:58pm

I hope this is true. My black cat adores me, loves me, is obsessed with me. I think mainly because I feel the same towards him. I can go get him wherever he may be in my apartment and plop him in bed with me and he will insist on curling up on my arm under the covers.

Sad to think..... someday...

He will be lying on the ground, dead.
or worse....
Perhaps I will come home, he will be lying on the ground mewling pathetically, struggling to stand, struggling to look up at me. His face and eyes filled with confusion and not understanding. His body completely failing. Death coming, pain. I take the poor cat to the vet... but not to get better. To die.

This life.....
It's not fair.
why? why? why?

IP Logged

LiveLaughLoveIt

Reply #10 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 1:19am

That's very comforting ChantillyChopper!

Terethian- I know it's very hard to think about and even worse to go through it. I definitely feel like it's not fair that we can't spend more time with them, but that's life. Enjoy the time you have with your cat and don't dwell his end!

lovexsoco18  
IP Logged

Iank

ALK Member

uk
Reply #11 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 1:57am

of course they are ,count on it. the afterlife is not exclusivley for humans,all life crosses over

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 8:34am

I put one cat to death in this way so far with two more on the way some day. One of them I am so close to I would call him my familiar. I would probably say we are connected in some amazing way like we are similar souls. If I believed that stuff anyway....that's what I'd say.

IP Logged

DavidLay

Reply #13 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 2:14am

I just lost one of my cats a couple days ago so this topic is pretty relevant right now. I will keep track of whether or not I have any dreams that involve her.

fixationdavid xavitotoenailx  
IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #14 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 8:33pm

Quote:
I hope this is true. My black cat adores me, loves me, is obsessed with me. I think mainly because I feel the same towards him. I can go get him wherever he may be in my apartment and plop him in bed with me and he will insist on curling up on my arm under the covers.

Sad to think..... someday...

He will be lying on the ground, dead.
or worse....
Perhaps I will come home, he will be lying on the ground mewling pathetically, struggling to stand, struggling to look up at me. His face and eyes filled with confusion and not understanding. His body completely failing. Death coming, pain. I take the poor cat to the vet... but not to get better. To die.

This life.....
It's not fair.
why? why? why?

Oh I feel you on this! My cat diva is everything to me and I don't think I could deal with her death. Cry

Supermodel....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.