Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Psychedelics: Portals to true spiritual experience (Read 27638 times)
b2
Ex Member

Re: Psychedelics: Portals to true spiritual experience
Reply #60 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 5:36pm

I am only here for the pie. Seriously.

DocM wrote on Sep 26th, 2009 at 4:16pm:
Volu,

If you read my posts carefully you'll see that I never connected following the path of love (PUL) exclusively with obligatory service to others.  I don't begrudge you your cheese, nor would I begrudge myself chocolate ice cream, or anyone's self indulgence.  But if you look at what many different cultures say about love, and spirituality, the issue of an "active" love does come up.  Action is almost always the result of thought.

Any volunteer work that I do, or any inclination I have to help others is personal - I do not write about it on the board, nor seek fame or notoriety.  My true contention is that as we move toward love, our own personal desire for service to others increases unbidden.  Obligatory service to me, or service to get your name spoken of (or a plaque, etc.) is odious to me, and completely fake.

On the other hand, we are our thoughts, and our actions flow from thought.  When does an astral explorer seek to continue exploring a mental plane, or stop out and help another who seems lost? 

When does our conscious intention open up to service to others, and how do we integrate this into a personal spiritual search?

Matthew 

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #61 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 7:04pm

Matthew,
"If you read my posts carefully you'll see that I never connected following the path of love (PUL) exclusively with obligatory service to others." 

I read the post I commented on carefully, and those were my thoughts.

"I don't begrudge you your cheese, nor would I begrudge myself chocolate ice cream, or anyone's self indulgence.  But if you look at what many different cultures say about love, and spirituality, the issue of an "active" love does come up.  Action is almost always the result of thought."

Well, I put the cheese in for comic relief. Although interesting to hear about different cultures, how they think, what they do, it's not a red thread for me.

"Any volunteer work that I do, or any inclination I have to help others is personal - I do not write about it on the board, nor seek fame or notoriety.  My true contention is that as we move toward love, our own personal desire for service to others increases unbidden. Obligatory service to me, or service to get your name spoken of (or a plaque, etc.) is odious to me, and completely fake."

Whatever work you do and the inclination is personal indeed.

"On the other hand, we are our thoughts, and our actions flow from thought.  When does an astral explorer seek to continue exploring a mental plane, or stop out and help another who seems lost?"

Helping out is a valid choice. For me. Did I mention ME? Yes. Me, myself, and I. Comic relief again. I (hey, nice going there, lovely you, no, I mean me) want to make the point that I don't claim to know what's best for ALL. Knowing that incarnations have higher aspects with constant attention provided makes the moving on a valid choice too. I at least have experienced being lost, and then find a way. Helped, inspired and moved by generous, amazing and awesomely lovely spirits too.

"When does our conscious intention open up to service to others, and how do we integrate this into a personal spiritual search?"

The word individual seems to be frowned upon in light circles, as it lacks direction for a group, but that's a word I like. Even standing in front of a group of co-workers showing them how to use a computer program, I don't like being the one they look to for answers. Discussions can be fun though, since there are so many views to examine. And thought processes are stimulated. So. Short version is, I don't know for a group. What I do know is that service to sounds like being a butler.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #62 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 8:15pm

Hi Volu,

I understand that you don't like the idea of compelled service to others.  Neither do I.  Your championship of individuality also makes perfect sense to me too.  However, one has to make blanket statements to some extent in order to have these discussions.

Consider for example, the title of this thread "Psycedelics: Portals to true spiritual experience."  Hmmmm...sound like a generalized statement for us all, no?  Yet Volu, or Matthew may not like that there is an implication that we should all take psychedelics in order to progress and grow. 

So ease up.  I accept that you, Volu want to be, revel, and do whatever without feeling as if you must be compelled to help others.  My posts aren't stating that we all have to help others either, just that there are a number of sources, and personal experiences (which I know you value more than the sources themselves), which suggest that when we become more loving, we seem to help others more without being forced to - more that it is a natural occurrence, that is unforced. 

If service sounds like being a butler, perhaps I can find a better word, that doesn't sound like slaving away.  Perhaps it would simply be "helping," -  helping each other.

Matthew

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #63 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 6:24am

Matthew,
"Consider for example, the title of this thread "Psycedelics: Portals to true spiritual experience." Hmmmm...sound like a generalized statement for us all, no?  Yet Volu, or Matthew may not like that there is an implication that we should all take psychedelics in order to progress and grow."

I read that as his thoughts on the subject; doesn't say our portals, or that we must be psyched to have true spiritual experience. Provocative? I can see that, and loving it. Edgy? He stands next to a mountain, and chops it down with the edge of his hand.

This reminds me of a phrase my mother uses containing the words, our lord. "Nope, the repetition doesn't help, still your lord". Doesn't say our lord in the topic though.

"So ease up. I accept that you, Volu want to be, revel, and do whatever without feeling as if you must be compelled to help others." 

Yes, goat cheese makes me begrudged. Growl. Unrestrained merrymaking does sound nice, but no acceptance needed for that. I'm here for exploring different thought processes.

"[...] and personal experiences (which I know you value more than the sources themselves), which suggest that when we become more loving, we seem to help others more without being forced to - more that it is a natural occurrence, that is unforced."

Unforced love. I do like the sound of that. The gag ball plopping out of love's mouth. If there ever was an overused and abused word, love has had it's fair share of taking it for the team. Brittle makeup. Smudged lipstick. Always giving when asked to perform.

"If service sounds like being a butler, perhaps I can find a better word, that doesn't sound like slaving away.  Perhaps it would simply be "helping," -  helping each other."

But that kind of makes STS sound dull and nonthreatening though. Helping yourself. May eventually lead to bridging the gap between the extremes. No more cat and mouse games.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Neil Gordon

Reply #64 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 7:16am

I tried Salvia as a direct result of this thread. I did all the research, got all the goodies, and applied all the best practices.

I was trying to use it as  a shortcut to spiritual experiences.

To cut a long story short, its not for me. It didn't have anywhere near the effect I'm looking for.

It is extremely strong. Firstly it kicked me like a mule and secondly it kicked me like a donkey so that I thought I wasn't coming back. Then I gave it a week off and tried again more conservatively (more conservative dose).

The effects are centered somewhere in my  body which doesn't give me any fulfillment, insight, or anything. My imagination was disconnected from the effect, and the effect centered exclusively in my physical body.

To summarize: for me a very unpleasant experience (and I even gave it another chance), I don't even think I could grow to like the experience. I'm giving it a miss.

Its a pity though, because I was hoping it was going to be a shortcut for me. I guess it affects different people differently.

(I've used tons of LSD, etc etc etc)

One last word: Anyone who tries this stuff, be very careful with dose. Start out small, and keep increasing in small increments until you get the effect. Otherwise you may land up wetting your pants.

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Reply #65 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 11:27am

I can completely understand your reaction. Honestly MOST people will probably react the way you did. I'm only a little better off, I don't hate it but it doesn't really do much to me except hallucinate and help me lose my mind for a little while. All this drug talking is going to make me start dexing again so help me God. It's better if I stay away from this topic to be honest.

IP Logged

Neil Gordon

Reply #66 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 3:28pm

I suspect that I overreacted to the affects of the drug. I think you have to get used to it before you start understanding how to use it.

I am giving it another whole-hearted go! And I think it is going to become more and more enjoyable.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #67 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 5:12pm

Be sure to post your experience!

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.