Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Psychedelics: Portals to true spiritual experience (Read 27629 times)
Terethian
Ex Member

Re: Psychedelics: Portals to true spiritual experience
Reply #30 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 4:24pm

I just want to say that before anyone is like heck yeah I wanna try some of that Salvia stuff!

You have know idea of what you are about to get yourself into. Salvia is not addicting at all in my opinion and will most likely scare the CRAP out of you.

When you take salvia for the first time, within the first oh, 30-40 seconds or so of holding and letting go of the smoke, you will forget. Yes.... forget. You will be lost. You will not know that you just took a hit of salvia. You won't know what is going on, why you are feeling so different. You will become lost in yourself. (IF you take it alone.) If others are present you tend to be able to keep yourself to reality more if it is what you want.

My first time, I had final fantasy vii clips playing on my tv. The words on the screen reformed, they were speaking directly to me. The tv words I read said I am under they're control. They said I had to do what they said. They told me I couldn't get off the bed. They couldn't tell me what to do! I struggled to stand, I floundered towards the tv. The words said I couldn't turn the tv off. I had to show them that I was in control. I reached out......and turned off the tv. I laid back down on the bed and returned to myself. I suddenly realized I had taken salvia. Yes, for about 5-10 minutes you will not even know WHY you feel the way you do.

Like I said, this type of experience only happens when I am alone. If other people are present it's disappointing. Your mind needs to be able to forget about the other people....

Well... this could probably 100% negated if you took a higher concentration.

I would imagine a 100X trip while sitting in a huge hall filled with 300 people and all of them trying to talk to you wouldn't even reach you. You would be completely gone, lost inside yourself.

The main point is, watch out! Salvia can really FREAK you out!

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 6:38pm

This is my own personal experience with Salvia. I have done other drugs, not because of BOREDOM or stupidity.

I chose to try drugs for the experience. To see what it was. I say now that I have overall control of myself. I have a slight alcohol addiction... (I need "some" alcohol weekly 1-3 glasses of wine or some beers. nothing crazy.) which occasionally i will take farther to get some drunkenness and some weeks no alcohol. I still consider this an addiction because I want it so bad and give in so often.

To salvia this has not happened. In fact I have great trepidation and fear before I take the hit. Yes trepidation! Because when I am in a dark room and I take a concentrated dose of salvia I know that within 1 minutes time I will be lost. And then ANYTHING can happen.

When you think about it without the substance in front of you this sounds like a potentially fun experience.....

But when it's right there... well... that's another story. This stuff is not for the faint of heart.

TRUST ME.

Love, Mitch

BE CAREFUL!!!!!

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #32 - Sep 22nd, 2009 at 8:05pm

Mitch

I have found that one's experience on Salvia is influenced by the underlying state of the individual and whether or not they truely know what they are getting into.  If one is not comfortable with experiencing the loss of ego, then caution should be taken- for this is what happens.  If one accepts the true nature of their inner being and its relationship with the universe, and would like to explore other realms of consciousness, then Salvia is the perfect tool.  Of course, not everyone is ready for this type of experience.  One can still have a very enjoyable, less extreme experience with Salvia if the less potent extract is smoked.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Griffin

Reply #33 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 12:27am

I Am Dude wrote on Sep 22nd, 2009 at 8:05pm:
Mitch

I have found that one's experience on Salvia is influenced by the underlying state of the individual and whether or not they truely know what they are getting into.  If one is not comfortable with experiencing the loss of ego, then caution should be taken- for this is what happens.  If one accepts the true nature of their inner being and its relationship with the universe, and would like to explore other realms of consciousness, then Salvia is the perfect tool.  Of course, not everyone is ready for this type of experience.  One can still have a very enjoyable, less extreme experience with Salvia if the less potent extract is smoked.

Dude, you are really getting into dangerous territory here. Read what you've written in your post.

"If one accepts the true nature of their inner being and it's relationship with the universe, and would like to explore other realms of consciousness, then Salvia is the perfect tool"

Those are the words of either a fanatic or an addict.

Your enthusiasm for this drug is scary.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #34 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 3:14am

Griffin

Please explain how my words are those of a fanatic or an addict.  I will then show you exactly why you are wrong.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 7:53am

It's not possible to be addicted to salvia if you ask me. Just not possible.

DXM (Dextromorphan) on the other hand.... that is a drug that can be addicting!

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE USE OF ANY DRUGS. THIS IS JUST FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES.

My list of drugs I have done for the experience:

Caffeine: Makes me hungry, can cause dizziness, irritability, rapid heart. Don't recommend over doing it.

Alcohol: Everything has to be just right for this to work. Too tired and it can suck. Also can become very emotional and upset on the down end of the good part.

Marijuana: Causes me to lose myself in a jumble of philosophical thoughts and concepts. Also causes me to focus on death and panic begins, rapid heartbeat. Constant thoughts going over all aspects of death. Unable to find solution the panic continues until sleep and drug leaves system.

DXM: Very much like alcohol, wonderful. Feeling like I am controlling myself from slightly behind myself. Like I am almost not really in my body at all. Everything is such a funny wonderland. Movement is like a strange hopping motion, legs pop up so high. It's just great. Too bad it's not healthy. It is mentally addictive.

Salvia: Complete loss of reality. Loss of your mind. A trip guaranteed. But not necessarily a good one...

IP Logged

Griffin

Reply #36 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 11:13am

I'm not talking about physical addiction. One can get addicted to the state of consciousness the drug induces.

Dude, you're proselytising for the use of Salvia like it's a religion.

Put a different word in your phrase and see how it sounds...

"If one accepts the true nature of their inner being and it's relationship with the universe, and would like to explore other realms of consciousness, then Buddhism is the perfect tool"

A statement like that says nothing real, it just reveals something about the person making the statement.

Terethian posted his experience with the drug. You basically replied that he had that experience because he wasn't as enlightened as you.

Whoops! Gotta feed the cats and go to work! Reality beckons!

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #37 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 12:29pm

Griffin

Salvia IS a tool- a natural tool created by the earth- to access other levels of consciousness.  This is simply a fact.  Those who have experienced it, or have done any research on it, know this.  Even those who oppose the use of drugs can agree to this.

I believe you filled the wrong word in the sentence.  Let's take another look:

"If one accepts the true nature of their inner being and it's relationship with the universe, and would like to explore other realms of consciousness, then Meditation is the perfect tool"

Meditation is likewise a tool.  Buddhism is a religion, not a tool.  There can be tools found within the Buddhist system of thought- meditation being one of them- but Buddhism itself is not a tool.  I realize that the practice of meditating is not exactly the same as using Salvia- but they both allow oneself to enter altered realms of consciousness.

What this statement says is that if one is mentally prepared for the Salvia experience, then one will be more aware of what will happen, and be more likely to have a good experience.  I and many other people I know were ready, and therefore had wonderful experiences.  The first time my one friend did it, he was not ready- he had a frightening experience.  The second time he did it, he was more ready- plus he tried a less potent extract- and he had a wonderful, enlightening experience. 

You claim I'm addicted, yet I haven't even had the slightest urge to use Salvia since my last experience.

I replied to Terethian's post because it seemed he was implanting fear, using his negative experience with it and generalizing that this will probably happen to everyone.  This is simply not the case.  My point is that two people can both use Salvia, smoke the same amount of the same strength, and have two totally different trips- one negative, and one positive.  The reason for this is obviously internal.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #38 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 12:59pm

Dude,

Sometimes you should just take your lumps and own up to it - your intentions were good, but it was a bit haughty to say that if one is spiritually ready, Salvia will be a great experience. 

There are many variables in day-to-day life.  So, while I may be spiritually ready for an enlightening trip, I may have a reaction between the caffeine in the tea I drank, or a minor virus, or a troubling conversation with a friend - or one of a million possible confounding factors that would cause me to "lose it."

Put in that perspective, Terethian's warning is really important.  Having had some experience in my youth with hallucinogens, I too doubt that they are addictive.  But there have been people who jumped off roofs, and ended their existence by mistake - and you definitely wouldn't want that on your head.

Its ok to be right but be wrong sometimes too. 

Matthew

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #39 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 1:44pm

Mattew

Quote:
one's experience on Salvia is influenced by the underlying state of the individual and whether or not they truely know what they are getting into.

The variables you mentioned which could cause one to "loose it," all affect the individuals underlying state of being- or perhaps it's the other way around.  Either way, one must be in an ideal state to get the most from not just a salvia trip, but any type of altered state of consciousness. 

What I said was if one is spiritually ready, Salvia is a great tool to explore other levels of consciousness.  I don't see how it is arrogant to say this.  This is just something I have learned from the experience of myself and others. 

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 8:08pm

Actually I didn't say I had a bad experience, you just assumed that! I love the fact that my TV words were reformed and what I read was talking directly to me. It was amazing.

I have had other experiences with things talking to me. I go into the experience hoping for something like contacting the dead but that has never happened.

But I still get really scared before hitting salvia. Every time. AND....

I totally did mean it as a warning. Salvia is not to be trifled with. I don't care what state of mind and meditating you do before smoking a concentrated extract, you can potentially really freak out and not enjoy it whatsoever.

You may think you know what it's like after reading my posts but dear God let me tell you... you have no idea. This stuff is not for the faint of heart. Most likely you will try it and never want to do it again. Seriously.*

*I base this statement on many people I have shared salvia with. NONE of them have any interest in ever doing it again. Some of them are actually afraid. They'll do lots of other drugs too, but when you are like, have some salvia, they are like HECK NO!!!!!

IP Logged

Griffin

Reply #41 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 8:17pm

[/quote]
What I said was if one is spiritually ready, Salvia is a great tool to explore other levels of consciousness.  I don't see how it is arrogant to say this.  This is just something I have learned from the experience of myself and others. 
[/quote]

Dude, what you said was "Salvia is the perfect tool" (for exploring consciousness)

That absolute statement means that there ain't nothing better in the universe to use as a means to explore reality than Salvia.. "the perfect tool"

You're a very positive person, I'm really grateful you're here among us, you are such an asset to this forum. And I couldn't ignore the impulse to post on this thread. It's reckless to actively encourage people to experiment with Salvia. You can't control or anticipate the possible outcomes of people doing so.

(Oh btw, Buddhism is a vehicle... like a boat. Once you use it to arrive at your destination, you get out of it and walk away. You don't stay there worshiping the boat.
I know people call it a religion. It's really not)

Best to one & all,
                          Tim

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #42 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 1:46am

Griffin,
"Dude, what you said was "Salvia is the perfect tool" (for exploring consciousness) That absolute statement means that there ain't nothing better in the universe to use as a means to explore reality than Salvia.. "the perfect tool"

I read that he really likes it, just as others share what they like. And that's an individual choice, not democracy/mob rule. Different information in this thread, to make an informed decision -> discernment -> personal responsibility.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #43 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 4:35am

Mitch

You said:

Quote:
You may think you know what it's like after reading my posts but dear God let me tell you... you have no idea. This stuff is not for the faint of heart. Most likely you will try it and never want to do it again. Seriously.*

*I base this statement on many people I have shared salvia with. NONE of them have any interest in ever doing it again. Some of them are actually afraid. They'll do lots of other drugs too, but when you are like, have some salvia, they are like HECK NO!!!!!

Is it a coincidence that the people you know who have had bad trips on Salvia are also drug addicts?  Perhaps not. 

Griffin

Quote:
"Dude, what you said was "Salvia is the perfect tool" (for exploring consciousness) That absolute statement means that there ain't nothing better in the universe to use as a means to explore reality than Salvia.

I suppose you misunderstood my message.  What I was trying to say is that Salvia is an excellent tool for inducing altered states of consciousness and expanding one's perception of reality. 

I don't see how it's reckless to encourage people to try Salvia.  I have already given the proper warnings.  I am simply opening their minds to new possibilities of experience- experience which has proved to be extremely beneficial to expanding my perceptions of reality.  Doing a little research into it will allow them to determine whether Salvia is for them or not. 

(Oh btw, I am not worshiping the boat(Salvia).  However, if this boat helped me to better reach my destination, then I am most certainly going to share my knowledge of the boat with others.  It is ultimately up to them to decide whether they want to take the ride.)

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #44 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 7:40am

What cometh before a fall?  Oh yeah, that.

M

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.