Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Psychedelics: Portals to true spiritual experience (Read 27616 times)
I Am Dude

Re: Psychedelics: Portals to true spiritual experience
Reply #15 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 4:48pm

I understand that interacting with others is a major way to learn and grow.  I believe there is more to the overall growth process than just that one aspect, however.  My spiritual experiences have given me a more enlightened perspective regarding the nature of my reality.  They have helped to me realize the true nature of my very being, and the physical and nonphysical worlds in which I operate.  Knowing this has shed new light upon and has given meaning to my daily life and the interactions I have with others, where as before embarking upon my spiritual journey there was little to no meaning, or rather, the meaning was unknown. 

It is the new perspectives that I gained through my first hand experience exploring the nonphysical universe which instantly created a positive shift in my beliefs and mindset, which in turn positively affected my relationship with the physical world and those living in it with me.  I'm sure that is easy to understand.  The quality of my consciousness is reflected upon my interactions with the world and with others, but these interactions with those in the physical world are not what caused the major positive shift in the quality of my consciousness.  The quality of my consciousness comes from within, and it is the manner in which I interact with the world around me which reflects this quality and shows me the characteristics of my consciousness at any given time. 

In short, it is how I perceive my interactions, what they mean to me, and what I learn from them, which dictates the quality of my consciousness-all of these being internal processes.  These interactions can be physical or nonphysical in nature; they can be with human consciousness, universal consciousness, nonphysical consciousness, or any other type of consciousness- they are all learned from in one way or another.  You cannot simply focus on one type of interaction, for we engage in many types, all being equally valid.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #16 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 5:27pm

Recoverer

I respect your decision not to use drugs.

Regarding me moving on from using Salvia... I am still doing all the things I was before.. meditating, yoga, projections.  And every now and then I will have a Salvia induced experience as well.  It produces an experience quite unlike those had through meditating and projecting, yet equally rewarding.  If I decide to stop using Salvia it really won't be a big deal for me.  I will just continue doing what I have been doing all along, exploring, learning, with added perspective gained through the Salvia experiences. 

I do acknowledge what is available to me naturally, and likewise realize that I am fortunate to be so aware of and in touch with my abilities.  I am also aware of other experiences available to me thanks to a gift from mother earth known as Salvia, and I currently am choosing to further my exploration, to take my consciousness into new directions, with it.  When I feel that I can no longer benefit from Salvia, I will stop.  I am sure the day will come.  Maybe sooner than later.  But I will never stop using my god given abilities to access my nonphysical source or end my relationship with my inner self.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #17 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 10:19pm

We cannot generally divide "right" from "wrong" experiences just because one is experienced soberly, and the other under the influence of drugs. We must be aware of the fact that we always are under the influence of some drugs- or their absence. Some eat this, some eat that. There are a lot of diet plans for having a spiritually fullfilled life. So called "drugs" are elements of the physical. You can take it or leave it. When you're smart, you take the right things. That's the only limitation there is, take what you can handle, and therefore, you have to find out before by carefully inform yourself about any potent substance you're considering to take. Have you had strong fears after taking cannabis? Then you better think twice before taking anything else.

I mostly am the same opinion with OobDude. At the same time, though, I beg to keep in mind, what for one person might be beneficial, for the other can be disastrous (as OobDude already has said).

Terence McKenna's book "True Hallucinations" is about mainly psilocybin and secondly DMT (if I remember right). While the group he's telling of had some quite unusual experiences, there's nothing really substantial for the reader to learn (other than the effects of the drugs). That's the backside, weird experiences, but unusable, nothing to grow on. But I believe on the other hand, by the right person, at the right time, with the right setting, it can be just right and beneficial to take psychotropic drugs. Salvia seems to be the most "spiritual" one, with the lessest side effects, according to what I've read.

I haven't tried other drugs than cannabis and alcohol. But I'm curious (but cautious as well).

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #18 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 1:48am

Quote:
Dude:

You can try to make me out to be the bad guy if you want to. I wasn't going to say anything until Ralph Buskey responded and said he's going to try Salvia. You responded to Ralph with apparently no consideration as to whether or not Salvia is a good thing for Ralph.

Hello Recoverer.

There's no need to worry about me. I've researched salvia divinorum well before OutOfBodyDude brought the subject up. I've been meaning to try it for awhile, but I don't have the money yet to purchase any.

As far as psychedelic drugs go, I'm very experienced with them. I've done LSD at least two dozen times, with ten hits being the most at one time. I've done psilocybin mushrooms several times. I've had MDA and crystal THC several times, and many occasions of DXM. I still haven't tried mescaline, DMT, or ayahuasca yet, but would like to someday.

I'm not a drug user. I do, however, like to experience different avenues of perception, so I can better ascertain reality from differing viewpoints. I've never experimented until I was 19 years old. I've never tried anything without researching it first. I take the approach as a scientist would.

Nothing I've taken has harmed me, but actually improved my understanding of life beyond the normal human perception. Don't think that I'm being an advocate of drug use, because I'm not. It can have serious ramifications to the psychology of minds that aren't strong enough to handle altered states.

My goal is to achieve enlightenment in a totally natural way. Pschedelics are merely a tool to widen my perspective, not for escape from reality. After I try salvia, I can compare it to my other experiences and then move on.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #19 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:42am

Spooky,
"[...]Terence McKenna's book "True Hallucinations" is about mainly psilocybin and secondly DMT[...]"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PkmsluXHAc

I like this one where he talks about the psychedelic experience. His little-finger comment cracks me up. But whereas mckenna talks about it being exclusive for the the good of all (who's to decide that?), I wouldn't want to rule out the possibility of making personal insights.

Ralph,
"[...]My goal is to achieve enlightenment in a totally natural way. Pschedelics are merely a tool to widen my perspective, not for escape from reality. After I try salvia, I can compare it to my other experiences and then move on."

Best comments I've read regarding drugs/psychedelics in a long time. Smiley

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #20 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 11:38am

I think there is nothing wrong with a seeker seeking by whatever method he or she deems profitable. Ultimately it is up to the individual to choose. And it is up to that same individual to glean whatever precautions might be necessary. I wish I could use some of this stuff but my bi polar meds make it extremely difficult to add anything new to the mix. When I'm old and hopefully off by myself I'm going off all this crap and I'm gonna find my real self and try some of this stuff I've heard so much about, like Salvia.

I've tried cutting out sugar and meat and many other "healthy" recommendations and I find it does not free up my mind at all, I just get more nervous about meditation--ain't that a kick! When I eat my own comfortable diet I can at least dream things that add to my growth...but I would like an OBE sometime that comes about consciously...I don't think I would try ketamine, but that other stuff sounds appealing. Thomas Campbell says not  to rely on anything like that because it would be like putting a baby behind the wheel of a speeding car, but I'm to the point where I could deal with just a minute or two out there and be satisfied for myself that my consciousness is fundamental and not a development of the brain. Good thread.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #21 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 12:20pm

Volu, (OOBD).., 10 hits of acid? Holy crumb!! When I was doing sid in the 70's one hit of window pane , or perhaps a dbl hit of blotter or dbl orange barrel would get me tripping for a good day. Doing 10 hits would have sent me into a mental institution... I quit drugs some years back, in fact I don't even smoke dope anymore.  In the end I found personally that they just were not the answer. The main reason is because of the entrapment of the body by using drugs. Yes there is mind stoned, and there is body stoned, but by using drugs it became less spiritualy fofilling as it meant I was using a poison in my body to induce a perceived spiritual enlightenment in my head. The most unfortunate part was that the perceived experience was a byproduct of the body and not of the spirit. As for doing the drugs, I say " do what you do". In the end, you will grow beyond the need of such inducements that will only keep you stuck within the phyical, and not lead you out and beyond, to the spiritual. "True" spiritual awareness does not come only for but a few hours at a time, and only when you do drugs. I believe that attaining true awareness is only possible when you have clear thought, mainly because you then know it not a drug induces state.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 1:53pm

It's a person's own business what they do, what drugs they choose to use, whether prescribed or not.

Obviously, the bodymindspirit responds to all kinds of stimuli, so what one chooses to label as a drug can vary.

Personally, I think an adult human being can greatly benefit from spending at least a considerable portion of their life experience drug-free, completely. What I mean, in as pure and natural state as he or she can do.

But this, as with any other 'lifestyle', can be adhered to in such a strict way as to be obsessive.

At least, that's my point of view. I could go into my own personal history in detail. That would be kind of a bore, after listening to all of your stories.

Thank you, but no thanks, to any kind of invitation to explain a lifetime of choices. That's just a personal thing to me, anyway. It takes all kinds of experiences to have a well-rounded life. I would never tell another person what to do, in that respect.

IP Logged

Volu

Reply #23 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 2:00pm

Hawkeye,
"In the end I found personally that they just were not the answer. The main reason is because of the entrapment of the body by using drugs."

I agree, not my answer too, but it's an experience that I see different people try to fence in for different reasons. My conclusion is that drugs are for the spirit what breeding is for the body, and I don't like those temporary chains. But why shouldn't spirits be able to come to their own conclusions? I'd say chances are the most avid incarnational gatekeeper is stoned out of his or her mind right this very moment in at least one incarnation elsewhere in time.

In linear time, today it is 39 years ago since a last psychedelic note was played as that incarnation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XDX81R-byA

If these experiences weren't what the higher self wanted to have, why did it happen?

"The story of life
is quicker than the wink of an eye
The story of love is hello and goodbye,
until we meet again."

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #24 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 3:37pm

I am reminded of an old saying about the road through enlightenment through Zen philosophy which goes something like this (forgive the crude paraphrasing): 

Before I began to practice Zen, the sky was just the sky, the grass was simply the grass and a mountain was just a mountain.  As I began to meditate the sky was more than the sky, the grass was much more than the grass, and the mountains were more than just mountains.  When I reached enlightenment, the sky was once again the sky, the grass just the grass and the mountain was once again a mountain.

I think that sums up the spiritual journey of many people.  Consciousness is what it is, and there is a sense at times that we are not truly experiencing it unless we are free of our physical bodies and the earth.  Hogwash.  Those who think you have to go OOB are missing the point.

Consciousness is present - wherever you go, there you are.   

I encourage people to explore.  I am not in favor of hallucinogens because I believe there is a distortion effect that blocks crystal clear perception.  I prefer meditation at this stage of my life, but do not deny another the opportunity to explore their own way.

Earth life may be a special gift.  We can explore other states of mind, but do not for a minute think that this "real world" is something to be looked down on or shunned.  We live, we perceive, we love.  We do it down here on earth in linnear time.  Consequences seem immense at times.  Yet we go on.

More power to Dude, yet I am glad that he comes down to earth to type on this forum in between visits with the universe.  Smiley

Matthew

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #25 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 11:17pm

Quote:
I encourage people to explore.  I am not in favor of hallucinogens because I believe there is a distortion effect that blocks crystal clear perception.  I prefer meditation at this stage of my life, but do not deny another the opportunity to explore their own way.

Hello Mathew.

I agree with this remark except for the fact that's there's more to it. Perhaps the distortion effect only occurs on focus levels where normal lucid consciousness is prevalent.

My experiences have allowed me to attain focus levels that I feel are only attainable by tuning into the wavelengths that can only be discovered through the shamanic portal created by the particular substance associated with it (especially psychedelics). It's like not knowing what going oob is like without actually achieving it.

Consider also that not many people have tuned into focus levels assosciated with the animal kingdom. The plant kingdom probably have there own focus levels as well.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Ally

Reply #26 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 12:18am

I'm curious about psychedelics, also.

But, if I ever try any, I only want to do natural ones, because I don't want to attain experiences to the detriment of the health of my body which is the risk you take by using artificial substances.

Of course, excess Anything can mess your body up, so I agree with the folks around here who say you need to be careful.

But, I also agree with Out of Body Dude that Mother Nature provides these substances for a reason, and if used wisely and carefully can be of great benefit to one's spiritual life. Just the same as I believe that natural wild edibles are there for us to enjoy, such as Purslane (Verdolaga in Spanish) for instance, which is one of the healthiest and least known about greens on the planet, so, too I believe the psychedelics like Salvia are there to be used for our benefit as well.

Everything must all be taken within reason, of course. I might enjoy one of those natural psychedelics someday, but after I've done my homework.  Cool

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #27 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 11:46am

I am with OutOfBodyDude on this, and Ralph. I went to Woodstock, and cannot even estimate the number of psychedelic experiences I had in the 60's and 70's. I know no one who ever had any lasting effects or flashbacks (darn it), except that those experiences changed them fundamentally, and the way they interacted with their reality. It certainly did that for me, and was the beginning of a path that has led WAAAAYYYY beyond Focus 27 or anything I learned at monroe Institute. I found my experiences with Salvia and Ayahuasca quite different that the others. I value these experiences, and would never talk down to anyone in judgement about their personal decision to use these substances for expansion.

But in general, if you only have a learner's permit it is best to leave the Ferrari alone.

But with all the Nutrasweet, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, white sugar, corn syrup and such---- how can you pretend you are not taking drugs? Food is medicine (drugs). Don't you think these substances bend your consciousness, too? And what about HAARP and EMF?

Build your light body however you find a way to do so. You will need it soon. Sooner than you think, friends.

There are many more such alchemical substances which have been made and used over the centuries. Psychoactive drugs are only one group. The Philosopher's Stone (yes, it exists) makes these things seem like Tylenol. There is more under Heaven and Earth than is dreamed of in our philosophies.....

Check out ORMUS www.subtleenergies.com/ORMUS
for example. It induces the same hemispheric synchronization that binaural beats do, but with no headphones, no CHEK unit, no induced dream state.... just the expanded awareness with your eyes open, right here in C-1. And no psychoactivity.....

Yes, there are many toys here, and none by accident. At least for those of us that have eyes to see and ears to hear....

Thomas

IP Logged

Volu

Reply #28 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 4:04pm

Thomas,
"But with all the Nutrasweet, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, white sugar, corn syrup and such---- how can you pretend you are not taking drugs? Food is medicine (drugs). Don't you think these substances bend your consciousness, too? And what about HAARP and EMF?"

And fluoride that allegedly is good for the teeth. I prefer kingfisher tea tree mint without crapouride. - A friend of mine who used to clean hotel rooms told me she was surprised at the amount of pill bottles the americans staying there had. Looking at the ads on the TV (another form of drug for some) playing in amerika, it starts to make some sense. "Got no pill cravings? We got the pill for it!" At the end of the day, it seems to me that drugs that involve the mind/spirit tend to get demonized.

"Build your light body however you find a way to do so. You will need it soon. Sooner than you think, friends."

What do you think we are in for? Maybe a question for another topic, but I ask since I read it here.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #29 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 6:49pm

Yes, we take a lot of "drugs" all the time, every day. So psychedelics are just other drugs, but not principally different.

The sentence from Thomas reminds me of a gnostic interpretation of religion, that it is important to come to a spiritual understanding, or become anew ("build a light body") during our physical lifetime, otherwise we would roam the shadow realm and eventually (maybe) would be reborn again.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.