Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What Led You Here? (Read 4883 times)
supermodel

Indiana
What Led You Here?
Sep 14th, 2009 at 10:10pm

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this topic but....

I'd like to know what led you to this site/way of thinking/wanting to gain knowledge of what happens in the Afterlife?

I'll start...

Just doing research for a screenplay, I googled something about the Afterlife and stumbled upon this website.

I must admit, I thought the whole thing was pretty hilarious and kooky but I felt compelled to go on and continue reading.

It just made soooo much sense to me! I've lived my life for the last four years as an agnostic that believed that there could be life after death. I was just all against the Christian version.

So to sum it up...my imagination, curiosity, and Google led me here. I'm so glad it did.

Supermodel....

IP Logged

Iank

ALK Member

uk
Re: What Led You Here?
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 10:29pm

my obsession with the paranormal led me here,and google.is the afterlife a reality? my experiments with EVP tells me it certainly is.

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 11:29pm

Through a friend who I later got into a relationship with. He was into lucid dreaming and OBE's, time travel and that sort of thing.

He owned all of Bruce's and Monroe's books, and he let me read all of them. Later on, I looked up this website and once I became interested in participating in forums, I decided to join up, and the rest is history! I do enjoy this forum the most, so far, because everyone here is so nice and open. Smiley

PUL,

Ally

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 3:13pm

I was going through a depressed time and harping on death a lot in my head. I guess after the middle age crazy one comes down to earth. I had a lot of family members pass on within a few years of each other and I googled "the afterlife" cause I needed some answers even if I didn't completely buy them all.. I found much to keep me occupied but since I had had a familiarity with Monroe from years gone by I found Bruce's approach very compatible with what I could accept. Since coming here I've also found Thomas Campbell's site and I like the way my voyage is growing. I just wish my meditation skills were better. I'm trying to get off sugar and meat. I go for a few weeks, but then convenience comes into play and BAM, I'm at those addicting edible behaviors again. I need some incentive I guess to stay on track. Maybe just a taste of the Non physical, but so I keep going a little forward then back two steps and so on. It's frustrating at times but I'm still plugging away and trying new things.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 3:29pm

1) a happy accident, surfing around for answers to what happens after one finds happiness in this life, or not

2) interesting stories people had to tell here, still do

3) sneaking suspicion that there is much more to all this than meets the eye

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 3:57pm

I was well established at self work, but with not that much contact with others locally except in a fairly formal Buddhist context - and i figured maybe a suitable forum would be informative and good company.

The site proved very interesting, given it's mixed blend of views and members and very nice people. I was also interested in finding out whether others had experienced some of what was just beginning to happen to me...

IP Logged

SDF Kreamy

ALK Member

Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 4:25pm

I happened to have Maury on and my laptop was right in front of me.  The topic of his show ghost, and were they real.  So he had people coming on explaining things they saw or what happened to them.  I thought it was all very humorous and decided to look up ghost on the internet.  Thats when I came across the website.  Everything seemed interesting and some what logical, however there was no REAL way of finding out if any of it was fact or fiction.  It all seems interesting, but I guess I will have to buy the books and the tapes and whatever else I need to buy in order to try this stuff out for myself..........

IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 1:31am

My daughter took her own life almost a year ago.  The Buddhist sangha I belong to held a 49-Day ceremony for her last December 1, with very powerful chants about the bardo of the time after death from a traditional Buddhist perspective.  When I talked about that to one of the meditation instructors (MI), he pointed me to the book Mind Beyond Death by a Buddhist teacher.  This past spring another of the MIs began a class about that book.  In the first session he talked at length about Bob Monroe's books, Bruce Moen's books and this website.  Afterwards, he told me he thought I might find those books and this site very helpful in dealing with the loss of my beloved daughter.  I have.

IP Logged

kirolak

What brings you here will
take you somewhere else

Reply #8 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 1:48am

I'd been a member of Robert Bruce's forum/web site for several years, & saw frequent references to Robert Monroe - so I investigated & here I am!  I feel more drawn nowadays to the idea of helping others in some way in other dimensions, rather than just being a "tourist"

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #9 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 12:05pm

I don't remember where, I read Bruce Moen's name some place, did an internet search, and found this site.

IP Logged

Rebecca

USA
Reply #10 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 2:07pm

It all started when my husband was deployed and I was getting majorly stressed out having to take care of two little boys, the house, etc. without any help.  Then my friends/neighbors' newborn infant passed away at 8 days old and it left me with a lot of sorrow and questions as to why such things happen to truly good people.  I decided to start meditating in order to relax.  After about 2 months of meditating, I started to have lucid dreams, then one morning I "woke up" and I was not in my body...I thought I had died!  Trying to seek answers for what happened to me, I did a few Google searches and OBE and Robert Monroe kept popping up.  I decided to do some research on Monroe and he piqued my interest, so I bought his books.  I LOVED THEM!!!  Reading about OBEs became an insatiable obsession and it led me to Moen's books and several others...eventually it brought me here. Smiley

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #11 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 6:17pm

Rebecca wrote on Sep 18th, 2009 at 2:07pm:
It all started when my husband was deployed and I was getting majorly stressed out having to take care of two little boys, the house, etc. without any help.  Then my friends/neighbors' newborn infant passed away at 8 days old and it left me with a lot of sorrow and questions as to why such things happen to truly good people.  I decided to start meditating in order to relax.  After about 2 months of meditating, I started to have lucid dreams, then one morning I "woke up" and I was not in my body...I thought I had died!  Trying to seek answers for what happened to me, I did a few Google searches and OBE and Robert Monroe kept popping up.  I decided to do some research on Monroe and he piqued my interest, so I bought his books.  I LOVED THEM!!!  Reading about OBEs became an insatiable obsession and it led me to Moen's books and several others...eventually it brought me here. Smiley

Something in this post really struck me. It's like the more spiritually aware I become, I've been able to do some "strange" (for lack of a better word) things myself.

I've had my first OBE and seems like I made the trip over to the other side.

I used to be so depressed but I feel like every day is a new adventure of learning something about my world (and other worlds) every day.

I can't wait to see what my new journey entails!

Supermodel....

IP Logged

Colorado

ALK Member

Reply #12 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 7:33pm

A friend told me about it after I told her I have been seeing and hearing dead people for the last three years or so. One recently appeared next to my wife, and I described to her what I saw. Later that day, a former co-worker of hers was visiting and my wife told her what I saw. The co-worker said it sounded exactly like her sister who had died a few months earlier.

IP Logged

DavidLay

Reply #13 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 4:09am

As cliche as it may sound, a Google search, which was partially fueled by depression, anxiety and curiosity. A post I made about a few weeks ago is very similar to the state my mind was in back in 2007 when I first came across this site. I eventually decided to start posting here shortly upon discovery. I found the concept of meditation and astral exploration to be quite fascinating.

fixationdavid xavitotoenailx  
IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #14 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 12:02pm

I went to the Monroe Institute, and then to Bruce's workshop. I read all of Bruce's books, and his Guidebook (my favorite) and then after I went to Lifelines at Monroe Insitute (with that Black Panther Irene) , I posted my first retrieval here.

And I found spiritual family and fellowship here, and now have names and faces for all those folks that I see and meet at The Park..... it has been like coming home in some ways.

Thomas

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.