Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Possible OBE Experience? (Read 1975 times)
Ally

Possible OBE Experience?
Aug 31st, 2009 at 11:36pm

Hi, everyone. Smiley

Yesterday, I made a crack at practicing meditating for the first time seriously, and did rather well in keeping myself conscious and not falling asleep. I was following the 3DRB, three deep relaxing breaths excercise from Bruce's Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook.

Just so everyone knows, I have very little experience meditating, so what happened afterwards was quite a surprise!

I layed down to take a nap after meditating, because I felt sleepy.

After I woke up, I wrote down what happened as follows from what I could remember:

Sun, Aug 30, 2009  8:15 pm

I don't remember the dream I was having before this happened. Wherever I was standing, out in a city somewhere, I was lifted up, and started 'flying', per se, except I didn't feel so much like I was flying as I was being pulled, or dragged!

I started lifting up while being pulled forward, slow, at first, and then faster and faster, dodging between some tall grey buildings, and seeing parking lots. I know I wasn't completely 'out of controll' of myself, because I remember thinking that I wanted to go to the top of the Washington DC Monument (was that where I was?) to see the little aluminum triangle at the top, but I changed my mind because I didn't want lightning to strike me.

Well, I got dragged very fast towards the DC monument, and I tried mentally to will myself to slow down; I could feel the speed I was going, and an almost out of control feeling, and when I willed myself to slow down, I did a little, but felt a LOT of resistence like something was literally Pulling me. Then I was pulled onto the side of the tall monument, got caught there for a moment, felt pressure, then was pulled free. I finally stopped flying and came back down somewhere gently.

I think I was either on the outside or inside of a house somewhere, although it might have been both. But anyway, I saw my close friend sitting on a dark red, maroon colored couch. I could see him clearly, and he saw me, pointed above my head and told me to look up right above my head.

I started looking above my head and there was a bright flash of daytime sky at first, then I started seeing something bright, flashing light-pink come into view. I gasped as I realized it was a 'second body', pink and translucent, shaped like me, with a pink translucent 'cord' coming down from it and into the top of my head. I realized that That was what had been dragging me!

Then, suddenly, I could feel a slight 'stinging' pain coming from the top ofmy head where the cord entered. Like I could feel the 'strain' of the cord pulling from out of my head.

It was very strange! First time this happens to me, that I could remember! That was the point when I woke up.

So, what do you guys think?   Cheesy

love and light, much PUL,

Ally

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Possible OBE Experience?
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 11:55pm

I think you should do that again  Cheesy !
That's really cool with that other body of yours. Happy further exploring  Smiley !

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 10:02pm

Thanks, Spooky!  Smiley

Well, does anyone else have any input on my experience? I have had very few OBE's that I can remember, and I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar? I remember reading in one of Monroe's books that he had not only a 'second' body, but also a 'third'! The second body stays close to the physical one and the earth plane, and the third one goes out to the far reaches of the astral realms and beyond! So, I'm thinking that I was in my dream body or second body and had a little instance of getting tangled or stuck together with my third body attempting to exit and explore somewhere! Cheesy

Any more thoughts, anyone? It was all sorts of fascinating, anyway! Smiley

love and light,

Ally

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 10:41pm

Greetings Ally and all,

some ancient spiritual traditions say there are at least seven subtle 'bodies' that we can consciously inhabit. Robert Monroe spent alot of time in the third one, often called the mental body, depicted sometimes as a curved grid or torus, which Monroe perceived mainly as 'a curl.'

Google images has some ideas about what this 'human ethereal torus' looks like.  It's shown as a giant donut with a vortex through the donut hole that is the space the physical body inhabits. The grid lines carry energy and that energy's light then obscures the grid, so Monroe saw their outer curved edge, I assume.

They are all made of energy, each at different vibrations.  Your rate of vibration determines which body you are using, so they don't get mixed.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 8:57am

Wow that's pretty awesome!

Supermodel....

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #5 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 2:39pm

Thanks for the comments!  Smiley

Thank you, supermodel!

Betson, thank you for your info. That sounds very interesting, indeed.

Wow! How did you find images of the human etheral on Google?! Shocked  How does google know more than Monroe did? But it seems to make sense that Monroe called them curls because he could only see an outline. Very fascinating!

I don't believe that my bodies got 'mixed', but it did seem for some reason that they got caught with each other, or stuck together by the cord connecting them. Could have been my own mind causing it, perhaps my consciousness was attempting to separate from the second body, but for some reason my consciousness stayed in the second body instead of jumping to the third one. Tongue

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.