Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bruce's books. (Read 4254 times)
DavidLay

Bruce's books.
Aug 28th, 2009 at 8:47am

Hello. A few years ago I ordered Voyages to the Unknown and it got lost in shipping. More recently I was thinking about ordering the Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook alone and I was wondering if it would be better to buy the previous four books and read them sequentially first or if the Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook could be read independently from the first 4.
Love and respect,
David

fixationdavid xavitotoenailx  
IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Re: Bruce's books.
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 8:59am

Hi David,

I tried purchasing the Guidebook first, but found it hard to get into until after I had read Bruce's other books. Even though Bruce's experiences in the other books are very subjective they give you a foundation for explorations that can help you make sense of the the information in the guide book, but I'm sure there are some who have managed just fine with only the guidebook. From my own experience though I would say read at least the first two books before attempting the guidebook. I think it will make things seem less "out there" if you have that foundation.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 10:32am

Hi David,

I agree with Beau.  It's hard to put a finger on exactly what parts of the first books are so important, so it may be more that they establish a mood or an expectation.
As I recall, as i read them, I had several "Aha" moments of 'Ohh, so this is how it is!"

Enjoy!
Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 10:51am

Hi David,

I would recommend at least reading Bruce's first book.  I agree with Bets that you'll get a good feeling and picture of the tone, mood, and flow that Bruce sets in the first book.  You won't be able to put it down.  As for the second book, same thing.  It has many more great stories in it that continue the story, but I bet you could simultaneously work on the Guidebook while also going through his 2nd book.  I'm sure by the 2nd book you'll be well on your way to wanting to have your own experiences. 

I find that I get most pumped for something to happen for me when I'm reading or learning about what someone else has experienced that I want too.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #4 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 12:44pm

David:

Without feeling strong about it I'm going to contradict everybody by suggesting that perhaps it would be best to try some of the techniques without reading Bruce's other books first, that way you'll be more inclined to find out for yourself, rather than using somebody else's parameters.

I don't mean to suggest that you shouldn't read Bruce's other books. But perhaps there's a reason why you received Afterlife Knowledge first.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 1:35pm

I agree with recoverer.  The first book I read by Bruce Moen was the guidebook, and I'm thinking it might be his overall best work.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

DavidLay

Reply #6 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 4:04pm

Thanks for the responses everyone. I think I will order the Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook first and then see how well it works on its own and then order the other books either if I have difficulty understanding it on its own or as additional reading.
Love and respect,
David

fixationdavid xavitotoenailx  
IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #7 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 10:10pm

follow your inner guidance. You will know whats is the best order for yourself.

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #8 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 4:55pm

I just purchased his first and second book on Ebay. I'm just waiting on them. I'm very excited. Grin

Supermodel....

IP Logged

CharleyTuna

ALK Member

Connecticut
Reply #9 - Sep 1st, 2009 at 5:21pm

Bruce's books are very interesting and I found them hard to put down. If I had to order them all over again, I would order all at once, and all of Monroe's books at once.

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #10 - Sep 1st, 2009 at 9:25pm

I read them all, but the Guidebook was by far the most useful for me personally. They are all worth reading, though.

Thomas

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #11 - Sep 2nd, 2009 at 4:40pm

Hi

It is fun to have them all stacked up to refer to, back and forth!
The first time I read Monroe, the books were borrowed on brief loan, and their impact was minor. Now that I just got my own, I'm really soaking them up!  This is the first book stack I've had since college!  Smiley 

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.