Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Protective Mantras (Read 7805 times)
kirolak

What brings you here will
take you somewhere else

Protective Mantras
Aug 28th, 2009 at 1:58am

I was interested in Goobygirl's remarks (in the Faraday Cage thread) about protective mantras.  I also use mantras, but it seems they do not always work for everyone - for example, i told my small granddaughter how to "banish" entities she felt were taunting her in dreams/the astral, & she said they laughed at her & threw her (spirit body) across the room. . . it may have to do with prior initiation.  However, I have reservations about giving oneself over to any one Path; I have no wish to become a denizen of one of the Belief System territories!

BTW I recently read something on a site called "Desteni" (sic) where one of the pychics claim to have had contact with Robert Monroe since his discarnating;  she said he had little recollection of his past physical life & no interest in it.  Has anyone else , (someone who perhaps had close ties) tried to contact him? I wouldn't feel right contacting someone I was not close to, myself.

Does this communication at the link below resonate with anyone as being from  Robert Monroe?

EDITE: TO PROVIDE A LINK:http://desteni.co.za/Osho/robertmonroe1.htm

Namaste All!

IP Logged

Cricket

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Protective Mantras
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 10:06am

I think belief has as much to do with it as anything.  I remember my daughter waking me up at about 2 in the morning (always a bad idea), because her room was full of entities of some sort or other (she thought they were the fae, I was too tired to care).  She wanted to get rid of them so she could sleep, I went stomping up the stairs in my usual lovely "I just got woke up" mood, and declared something along the lines of "It's a *bad* idea to wake me up at 2 in the morning!"  "Git!"

And they got...  Wink

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 10:03pm

Regarding the linked text, it doesn't even remotely resemble what I know of RAM (his books, a biography, a lot of audio in the HemiSync tapes, videos). I found it sounds like this "channeled-entity-tone" which I find is common with this kind of scripts, this sort of grandness, the lengthy style, the repetitions. After all, it's said there that this isn't at all anymore the RAM as known on earth. I've had some mind-journeys where I met someone who I thought was RAM (but of course I can't be sure, and I don't make a big deal of it). This person was very different from the impression I got from that text.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 11:14pm

Greetings,

When I used mantras I found that they worked when I invested belief in them that they would work.  Smiley
But when I got unfocussed and just said the sounds/words, they didn't. They seem to be a means of blocking other thoughts so that focus is easier, sort of like prayer beads maybe.

That site that included the channeling of Robert Monroe was all written in the same style, whether it was Monroe supposedly being channelled or someone else.  The parts of the site that I read all emphasized that humans are 'enslaved' by one thing or another. I suspect that if they were really channelling others, more differences in content and 'style' of talking would show up.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 11:16pm

...yes, but now they can state "Everyone we channel says the same, so it must be true"  Wink .

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

kirolak

What brings you here will
take you somewhere else

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 5:03am

Yes, I do agree with all you said, I must say certainly did not like the tone of the whole site at all, & agree that what Robert Monroe wrote & what was channeled was very different in tone & style.  I feel that site has some rather low grade entity playing games with them . . . .i suppose I just wanted independant confirmation -thanks!

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 8:22am

There is a lot of talking on that site but they aren't really saying very much, not that I can find there. The language is confusing.

Regarding mantras, to me a mantra is a 'concentrated' prayer, and I have seen such work in 'C1' as our earth life is sometimes called here. I don't know why it can work, but it does. People did not 'pray' for rain for year after thousands of years because prayer does not work. So, to me, a mantra is a prayer, and carries the power  that prayers carry. Plus, the repeating nature of a mantra, the tone of the voice carrying it, all have an effect.

Nevertheless, in the 'afterlife' realms, or in nighttime dreams, or wherever you may find yourslf, I think it is eventually necessary to carry this power with you and to direct it with your mind alone. I think this is true because events happen so fast here/there. At times, events certainly 'happen' too fast for a 'prayer' here, or a mantra.

Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that one must somehow fully merge all these teachings into your own consciousness to such an extent that they carry you forward in their invisible arms.

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #7 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 10:16am

I use the five names of God as my mantra (in Sanskrit). I've used them even in dreams successfully.

Goobygirl

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #8 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 10:51pm

I read that link the other day, and I didn't like the feeling I got from it at all.

I didn't feel it was Monroe at all. It felt too bitter, especially to be from his I-there or cluster.

Besides, the independent indentity of Robert Monroe must still exist within the higher self; your identity never just gets 'swallowed' up into your super soul! It makes no sense!

So, I don't think that was him. Probably some lower entity, like kirolak mentioned.

That's my perspective!!

love and light,

Ally   Smiley

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #9 - Sep 1st, 2009 at 2:15am

Ally,
"Besides, the independent indentity of Robert Monroe must still exist within the higher self; your identity never just gets 'swallowed' up into your super soul! It makes no sense!"

From my perspective I (higher self, the real me) accomodated to the earth system in order to participate by making lots of extensions, and if I'm not participating anylonger I don't see the point in having mini-mes meant for earth experience. The energy that are all the incarnation will never be swallowed up as they is the same as energy as the higher selves, minus the bodies. An earth analogy would be fishing and drawing back the line; fish do experience so they could work as being symbolic of experience, but then again the analogy contains just one fishing rod, it doesn't meld with the fisher, what about the weather?, and the analogy gets kind of confusing and breaks down. It makes no sense. Wink

Also didn't get any bob vibes from the link. I think it sounded like a robot wishing it had a spirit instead of a cpu. Very robotic.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #10 - Sep 1st, 2009 at 5:56pm

I believe there is a .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
00000001% chance that the Desteni site is a valid source of information.

Below are some of the people the site claims to channel:

Bruce Lee, Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe,  Robert Monroe, Osho, Jesus, Mother Teresa, Buddha, Edgar Cayce, Hitler, Swami Muktananda, Paramahansa Yogananda, Heat Ledger, and JonBenet Ramsey.

Give me a break. Just another sign that there are people out there who want to take advantage of spiritual people with their nonsense.

I believe it is very disrespectful to claim that you are channeling information from a deceased person when you aren't. Is nothing sacred?

IP Logged

CharleyTuna

ALK Member

Connecticut
Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 1:53pm

I agree with Recoverer. Its a predator world out there and people can get taken in. I am also suspicious of the people that claim to be reincarnated. The past lives these people claim to have lived are usually someone famous. I have yet to see a story where someone is claiming to have been a bum, drunk, or a peddler in a past life.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #12 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 4:30pm

I just became aware of one of my past lives, and I was a  bum, drunk and peddler. Smiley

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 4:37pm

I have a bum, and I recall a recent incident when I had a little too much to drink and fell off my bicycle. Does that count?

Oh, peddler. Maybe that has nothing to do with bicycles after all....

IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Reply #14 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 2:25am

Among Buddhists, as I understand it, a distinction is made between reincarnation and rebirth.  The Dalai Lama is a reincarnation going back to all the other Dalai Lamas, for example.  Those of us who are not highly realized or enlightened merely have rebirths.  In that tradition, reincarnation means that same highly realized being comes back in another body to teach, lead others to enlightenment, etc.  Rebirth means you are somewhere less far along the enlightenment path and are reborn to keep working on it, in keeping with the principles of karma among other things.  I'm sure Vajra can explain this much better than I have.

And too much bicycle peddling can lead to a sore bum  Sad and perceived need to drink to excess.   Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.