Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Back to square one (Read 6015 times)
DavidLay

Re: Back to square one
Reply #15 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 10:05pm

Thanks again Pat, Don and Betson. Nothing beats seeing something with my own eyes. I know for myself, I tend to want to see hard evidence before I make any firm judgements because I rarely take anything for face value. Vajra, that is a great picture. It actually reminds me of a zen proverb, which goes something like this: "Don't think of a monkey." As soon as you try to follow those instructions, a monkey is the first thing you think about.

fixationdavid xavitotoenailx  
IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Re: Back to square one
Reply #16 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 9:34am

Just to say that i agree fully with what Don said too (surprise Don!  Smiley) regarding the risk of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Presuming you are dealing with an institution that by its nature doesn't attempt to force conformity and blind belief it's likewise easy in the Buddhist context to be put off by e.g. it's eastern feel, or by the behaviour of individuals that connect in potentially unhelathy ways with the tradition.

Stick steadily with it, and be easy Dave, and as Don said stay authentic  - bearing in mind that authenticity is buried by striving and intensity....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.