Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The world trade centre (Read 5362 times)
vajra
Ex Member

Re: The world trade centre
Reply #15 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 5:29pm

That video seems to be gone Volu.

The whole hierarchy issue is a funny business, but i think the more talk there is about democracy and freedom the less there actually is.

Modern communications technology and especially IT systems have been used to concentrate power in the hands of a very few at the top of organisations. While they can and have on occasion have been used for the opposite purpose (to place authority, information and responsibility in the hands of the wider organisation/population, and to enable input) they have mostly been used in government and business to impose control, eliminate wider input, and enable hijacking by a few.

This was arguably was one of the major causes of the financial crash, and is in my view the greatest risk to world peace. It's only since very recently that those in power have been able to release such enormous amounts of destructive force.

There's lots of other factors too. The media defines ever more tightly the permitted cultural norms - of fashion, dress, opinions, respectable topics; and people are becoming more and more conditioned to be conformist (scared to be or think for themselves) despite claims of individuality.

All of this plus sophisticated psychology makes the manipulation of whole populations ever easier and more effective. The inspiration of fear (of terrorism, of Islam, of 'them' as required) is a primary tool, along with so called patriotism and so on.

Resistance to manipulation (and most positive  strengths)  follow not from conformity, but from acceptance of diversity. Put another way - the highest truth is never to be found in the majority view. The opposite in fact - term lowest common denominator comes to mind.

In the meantime it's those least suited to power and position that as a result of their hunger for these that usually end up in charge. Many of those more suited as you say are not perceived as leadership material.

It's a two way street mind you, in that populations consistently place the most dodgy people in power, and as you say the sort of view here will not be the majority one for a very long time.

There's a Buddhist saying to the effect that societies (in terms of wisdom, compassion, efficiency and effectiveness as a reducer of suffering) always come to reflect the moral (in the macro sense) centre of gravity of the population.

One of the first and most important steps we can take on the spiritual path in moving towards 'seeing' more truly is to drop the conditioning society lays on us to respect the major pillars of society - for example the legal system, academia, medicine, mainstream religion and the public/political  systems.

One of my favourite (originally Zen trained) spiritual teachers Richard Rose wrote widely on this in his book 'The Albigen System': http://www.richardroseteachings.com/ Don't be put off by some of the stuff on the site selling his books, it's run by a family member, and seems to have headed in all sorts of unlikely directions. Richard is  dead now, but the organisation he founded continues on: http://tatfoundation.org/index.htm

The point is not that we should attack the insitutions, or other dysfunctional aspects of our world, in that the saying above suggests that what they are is inevitably what they are given what people are - that the only way to address the issue is to work to raise the wisdom/awareness/consciousness of the general population. i.e wars, revolutions, destruction, systems of control and so on can only bring suffering.

And guess what - loving behaviour toward each other is the way to do this - to remove the fear they feel, and to help people to access their heart side and change. I guess it's not enough to just blame the leadership and walk away...

« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2009 at 9:23pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Re: The world trade centre
Reply #16 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 2:48pm

Varja,
"That video seems to be gone Volu."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EtkuHzBVFM. Maybe this will play for a while.

"[...]Resistance to manipulation (and most positive strengths) follow not from conformity, but from acceptance of diversity.[...]"

You've got good observational skills, and I've enjoyed reading your observations.

"And guess what - loving behaviour toward each other is the way to do this - to remove the fear they feel, and to help people to access their heart side and change."

I know that's the silver lining for many if not most here, and so be it for those who think that's right. I've given love back when facing both nasty physicals and spirits, and supposed loving physicals and spirits, and did so though it felt wrong, because I had read that was the right thing to do. Didn't listen to my self. My most honest feeling when confronted with somebody who wants to overtly or covertly to control me, is to make myself very clear right off the bat. It feels equally terrible when I am the stupid doer of douchebag actions. - I'm not afraid anylonger to turn up the VOLUme to defend my individuality, or rock the boat. My goal has changed from wanting to change the world, to wanting to change my self, and let others change themselves. For a parent, doing what's best for the kids, regardless of their permissions, is their responsibility. But treating adult incarnations as kids I think is messed up.

"I guess it's not enough to just blame the leadership and walk away..."

Discs/higher selves have many incarnations experiencing both light and dark. And I do not think they doze off while our incarnations are up to no good. It's not always as easy as it seems, but sometimes I think walking away makes good sense, and allow spirits to progress in their very own tempo.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.