Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Waking Nightmare (Read 5313 times)
Ally

Waking Nightmare
Jul 11th, 2009 at 2:27pm

I just had a very scary waking nightmare, and I never used to have these before the past couple of years, so it's a recent phenomenon for me. I don't understand what's causing them but they are very disturbing.

I physically opened my eyes in the middle of the night, halfway between unconscious and awake, and I saw someone clearly standing at the foot of the bed on my side, looking at me, and pointing a gun or a rifle straight at me, getting ready to shoot. I KNEW they were about to shoot me ( I wasn't sure if it was a man or a woman ), and, terrified, I jumped out of the bed to the other side, waking my partner up, repeating that I saw someone. He calmed me down, and I went back to sleep and dreamed normally with no more nightmares.

My normal dreams aren't filled with terror and stress or disturbing things, especially not lately. In fact, when I woke up this morning, I had been dreaming about sunbathing nude, laying on my belly to give my skin nutrients.

So, these occurrences really confuse me.

I have only had two other nightmares like this one, spread out over periods of several months. I will describe them here, and wish to point out that the link to all three of them is that it was something that was going to kill me. The terror came from a feeling that I knew I was about to die violently.

The last time I had a nightmare like this one, was several months ago. Again, my eyes opened in the middle of the night between asleep and awake, and my partner was turning over in the bed towards me, and my eyes saw something shiny sharp metal flashing in one of his hands, and I instantly knew it was a pair of scissors, and that he was about to stab me with them. I leapt out of the bed, terrified, waking him up, I explained the dream, and that time, it was so real that I felt compelled to go check to see if the scissors I had seen were still in the last place I had left them. They were.  Sad

And, finally, the first nightmare I ever had like that happened about a year ago, and, just like before, my eyes opened in the middle of the night, looking to the side, between asleep and awake, and I saw sitting in the computer chair a bag filled with long slender bombs. I felt instantly terrified, because I knew they ALL were about to detonate, and I leaped out of the bed, looking towards the kitchen area, seeming to know that there was another bag filled with bombs in there, too, and that in a moment, all would go off, and we all would die. I panicked, and had to be calmed down.

Does anyone have any ideas why I have been having these waking nightmares, and what is the reason, and what I should do about it?

Thanks, everyone.  Smiley

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Waking Nightmare
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 4:37pm

Hi Ally,
a psychological interpretation is, you have an unconscious fear, and this fear is related to your home and your partner. It maybe is a distrust that the present situation you are in is stable and safe. Such doubts in the very part of one's environment which should be a space of protection have a potential to be suppressed, because they go at the root of our physical existence, therefore they manifest symbolically as dreams. The reason for this fear might be actually something in your present situation, but it might as well be caused by something in your past.

Why these experiences don't occur within "normal" dream states but within these strange awake-but-dreaming states I have no idea. I remember that someone here told about own scary experiences with this state very vividly, I think it was Vicky.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 7:05pm

Thanks for your input, Spooky. Smiley

Yeah, I figured it had to be that I am afraid of something, for sure, but I don't know what exactly. I don't live in my own country, anymore, and it took me a while to adjust to that. And, for a long time, the relationship was rocky, also. Might have something to do with it. There was lots of instability.

Plus, there was an instance when someone came kicking on the door at 3 in the morning, someone drunk and angry, and that scared the crap out of us both, took a long time not to be paranoid after that happened.

And also, I used to 'wake up' often in the middle of the night, although I didn't remember, I had to be told about it. I would be afraid, seeing shadows floating, or ghosts. I also talk in my sleep, and do not remember most of it. I would sit up in bed, and sometimes sleepwalk when I did that. He told me that I would talk in other languages, sometimes, and with a completely different personality. I never remembered any of it. Sometimes, I would 'wake up' like with the nightmares, but I wouldn't get scared. I would just see a person standing or floating in the room. I'd wind up waking my partner, telling him I saw a ghost. I'm not entirely sure if they were ghosts or not.

He can see things, also, but not in a disturbing way, like me. He can see them in the daytime, passing through. Mostly 'shadows' he says, but that they didn't feel threatening.

So, yeah, those things leave many factors open to possibility. Tongue  I'm still not sure what to make of it. I seem to have a problem 'resting' at night like I should, something always finds a way to disturb me, consciously, or otherwise. It isn't all the time, but it happens more often than not. Those nightmares have to be some of the worst of it, though. Sad  They're no fun, at all. I hope I can find out what exactly is causing them, and how to make them stop. 

Thanks, again, Spooky.  Later. Wink

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2009 at 2:37am

So, I wonder if anyone else has some more advice to give me about my experiences around and about this?

I'd really like more help from the people around here. Everyone here seems to be very helpful. Smiley

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2009 at 9:32am

I may be totally off but did something violent happen in the place that you stay?

Supermodel....

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #5 - Jul 21st, 2009 at 9:47am

Hi Ally,

I figured that Spooky sort of covered it when he said you must have unresolved fears from your past or present  Smiley.

But here's another thought--since you are so sensitive to unconscious stimuli, maybe these recent ones are not from your own past but from others': what about the history of the place you now live? The shadow-type images your partner sees sound like ghosts who live there and might want to scare you out.  Can you find out about your building or even the site?

But your other experiences sound lke they started earlier. Sometimes finding a cause is difficult in many ways. It may be more effective to build your own force of PUL (pure unconditional love.) A few years ago there was much discussion with many examples at this site about how PUL overcomes such entities. PUL sets up an energy vibration that is the basis of good will.  Menacing entities fade away when you show them PUL!  Smiley

PUL to you, Ally, Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #6 - Jul 21st, 2009 at 1:34pm

supermodel wrote on Jul 21st, 2009 at 9:32am:
I may be totally off but did something violent happen in the place that you stay?

No, Supermodel, you aren't totally off. You are right. There have often been problems that would escalate into violence. And many animals have been beaten to death, also.

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 1:09am

That's the first sense I got. That violence occurred there. There are some beings there that are not necessarily trying to get you out of there....but they do get their kicks from giving you a scare every once and a while.

Remember that they CAN'T hurt you and remember to try not to project fear ( Easier said than done right???) They feed off that fear.

Send lots of PUL!

Supermodel....

IP Logged

kirolak

What brings you here will
take you somewhere else

Reply #8 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 2:25am

Hi Ally,

Just my tuppence worth here - sometimes as one is lifting out of the body, one tends to see a figure at the end of one's bed, often threatening-looking.  One interpretation of this is that is "the watcher", one's own etheric double,  & is meant to "scare" one back into the body if one feels uncertain about A P.  I  have been grabbed by the ankle by this "thing" & pulled back - I finally got rid of it by saying, in desperation, "Oh, go to h. . . !" Perhaps if you confront it quite aggressively in this fashion it will dissipate.

My ex-partner suffered from severe sleep disorders; he used to leap out of bed screaming about snakes, knives, crocodiles etc.,  & once tried to throttle me, under the impression that I was some sort of monster.  This all came to an end after I learned to do the Lesser Banishing Ritual, which really seems to work, whatever one's personal religious bias.  Also, strong salt baths & affirmations of protection!

I really hope you overcome this as it can affect one's life very adversely - good luck & good vibes.

Namaste!

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #9 - Jul 24th, 2009 at 11:08pm

Thank you so much, everyone, for your excellent input. Smiley

Betson:

Yes, the place has a history. It is very old, although reconstructed. It has a history of at least one ghost being there, although we believe she has moved on. I never could hear her, but supposedly, she was an old woman that talked at night in the back sometimes. Plus, it spent many years sitting abandoned, also, and people would come there to party, and do unsavory things, even black magic, I think.

Can demons influence people's behavior, even spiritually strong people? I have sometimes thought that was the case. Can they 'ride on your back' and you not even know it?

Thank you for the PUL, Bets. Smiley I am realizing that that is definitely a key to stopping negative activity. Generate lots of PUL in myself. I'm working on it.

Thank you also, supermodel. I will start generating and sending more PUL. Smiley

Thank you very much, also, kirolak. Smiley Interesting idea. Salt baths, huh? I wonder what the spiritual effects are. Thanks again!

PUL to everyone here!

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jul 25th, 2009 at 9:39am

Does anyone have any ideas why I have been having these waking nightmares, and what is the reason, and what I should do about it?
----------------

There is a difference between being alert/observant and being shocked/terrified. Perhaps you have the desire to learn more, and this is your opportunity. You prove to yourself, over and over, that you can return safely. When you believe it completely, perhaps the terror recedes. At all times, you are accompanied by those who love you. The white light is at your command.

IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Reply #11 - Jul 27th, 2009 at 12:10pm

Ally,

For me it's strait forward.  What happen is that 2 reality has blended together.   It's often called Night Terror.

Generally, those experiences generate fear when the person don't know what happen.  Fears in other reality will most likely generate distortion in the experience.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.