Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My letter to an Atheist (Read 3134 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
My letter to an Atheist
Jul 8th, 2009 at 5:20am

A letter to an atheist by Alan McDougall

Is there a reason for living that goes beyond that of our earthly mortal life on earth? I say there is, how you can be so sure that there beyond life. Why not just try to consider that there just might be a god. Life after death is unfortunately something neither I nor someone else can ever prove to

I, however, strongly believe we continue to exist in some form or other in dimensions of purpose, reason, beauty and that our consciousness continues to exist eternally after death. Otherwise our earthly fleeting life is nothing but a cruel joke of nature

Have you ever thought that to be an absolute atheist takes more faith and is more difficult to rationalize than one like me who believes there is a creator? How could nothing evolve from nothing and become everything?

This logic demand that dark nothing morphed into everything, nothing created energy time matter and finally life out of inanimate energy. I see this as a ridiculous assumption; I am left to believe that all existence including mysterious life evolved without reason or purpose. Do you really believe this as a fact?

Let us consider, what life is, how could the unimaginable almost infinitely complex molecule DNA of life came into existence so quickly in relation to cosmological time. Life existed on the primordial earth just a moment after its creation, again in cosmological time?

The universe is unimaginable complex and sustains itself by exact precise fundamental constants, if this harmony differed in the infinitesimal fraction we would simply not exist; indeed the earth itself would not exist.

A billion trillion googolplex monkeys typing for eternity would not produce even one of Shakespeare sonnets. Another analogy, if we took a billion  airplanes, filled them with water, concrete and bricks and dumped the whole continuously on the earth for a billion years, would it magically and randomly form the beautiful Taj Mahal or the Sydney Opera house? But you insist I must accept the beautiful universe a of unimaginable precision came into existence this illogical way

When life needs to evolve due to changing circumstances, does it tell itself to alter its own DNA for the new conditions or could there be a watch maker resetting the watch

I see god adjusting the DNA overlooking his own experiment if you like

Our breathtaking beautiful is expanding and anything that expands must have a beginning. Can you prove there is no god of course you can’t, can I of course I can’t, but at least I can offer circumstantial evidence... Atheism is a faith belief system just like anything that requires belief without evidence.

As an amateur astronomer leaves me with an unshakable belief that am awesome intellect created the universe and everything else

Look out the sparking water that quenshes your thirst, the fruit that feeds you, and invigorated your body. There is beauty everywhere and you must search for real ugliness.

Go outside on a moonless night and reflect on the wonder of the cosmos that sparkles above you. the great snow capped mountains and streams, the blue sky and the rise of the sun at dawn and its golden glow as it sets. In the early morning go and listen to the sounds of nature, birds chirping like tiny electrons in the mind of god. The wind that you breathe the precious nourishment supplied by mother earth.

Then explain to me how chance can bring this all about. To me there is a wonderful creative behind all this glory if only we would look at it.

Like all things the universe has a beginning and this demands a creator, for nothing can exist with a prime cause. The universe will end but for that we will just have to wait

Even atheistic scientists say our universe is precise, ordered with beautiful mathematical constants. One great astronomer said the universe was less like a great well oiled machine and more like a beautiful ongoing thought

I believe in God, what you believe is your right but to me a godless creation is bleak and cold

What do you people believe, No god or God

Alan McDougall 24/6/2008  

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: My letter to an Atheist
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2009 at 5:07am

Is this forum dying?

I am the first creation I am the light being sent to banish the dark and its evil lord. It is not compatibly with life it is death and I am life.  I am the compassionate one, it is hate. We are not different we are opposites of the same reality that makes up and consists of all existence

It is the lord of utter darkness and I am the Lord of Light and Life. I am the Giver of life it is the Taker of Life

The battle continues forever, for eternities the dark smothers the light and for eternities the light dispels the dark. Take  heart the battle is only in the grey domain the twilight zone between light and dark love and hate, life and death

I the story teller am the Light Being raging against the dark to bring you into the eternal light of love where I dwell always in beautiful composite light.

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2009 at 6:23am

Quote (Alan):
One great astronomer said the universe was less like a great well oiled machine and more like a beautiful ongoing thought

)))))))))))))

Who said this? What were the exact words the astronomer used?

-----------------

Yes, I believe God is exactly 'like' that, and God is the origin of all thought, as well.

So, I am happy: in my simple belief that I am a 'thought' of God which knows what/who I am. If I know who/what I am, then I must certainly be alive.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #3 - Jul 15th, 2009 at 6:45am

Quote:
Quote (Alan):
One great astronomer said the universe was less like a great well oiled machine and more like a beautiful ongoing thought

)))))))))))))

-----------------

Yes, I believe God is exactly 'like' that, and God is the origin of all thought, as well.

So, I am happy: in my simple belief that I am a 'thought' of God which knows what/who I am. If I know who/what I am, then I must certainly be alive.

Here is the quote

Astrophysicist Sir James Jeans wrote in the 1930s,

…the universe begins to look more like a great thought than like a
great machine.” So, too, I am proposing, in The God Theory, that ultimately it is consciousness that is the origin of matter, energy, and the laws of nature in this universe and all others that may exist. And the purpose is for God to experience his potential.

God’s ideas and abilities become God’s experience in the life of every sentient being. What greater purpose could there be for each of us humans than that of creating God’s experience? God experiences the richness of his potential through us because we are the incarnations of him in the physical realm.

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2009 at 7:02am

Nicely done, sir.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #5 - Jul 15th, 2009 at 10:45am

God as I perceive him

Who are we really in the now?

The essential complete you, or your whole real essence, is a field of awareness that interacts with its own self (Soul) and then becomes both mind/brain and body. In other words, you are consciousness or spirit, which then conceives, constructs, governs, and becomes the mind/brain and the body. The real you are inseparable from the patterns of intelligence that permeate every fiber of creation.

At the deepest level of existence, you are an infinite eternal Being, and you are nowhere and everywhere at the same time. There is no other “you” than the entire cosmos. The God + cosmic mind create the physical universe, and the personal mind/brain (Soul) experiences the physical universe. But in truth, the cosmic mind and our personal mind are both permeated by “God "The Infinite Consciousness”. “God the Infinite Consciousness” is our source, and all manifestation is inherent within it.

“God the Infinite Consciousness” observing itself creates the notion of observer, or the soul; the process of observation, or the mind; and that which is observed, or the body and the world. The observer and the observed create relationships between themselves; this is space. The movement of these relationships creates events; this is time. But all these are none other than the “God the Infinite Consciousness” itself.

In other words, we are “God the Infinite Consciousness” with a “localized point of view” An aspect or facet of the great reality we call God. And yet our whole system of thought divides the “Great Observer God” from the observed us; it divides the “God the Infinite Consciousness” into a world of objects separated by space and time. The “the intellect of the brain” imprisons us in a cage of fictitious images, a suffocating web of space, time, and causation. As a result, we lose touch with the true nature of our reality, which is powerful, boundless, immortal, and free.

We are all prisoners of the “the intellect of the brain”. And the “the intellect of the brain’s mistake in one simple sentence is this: It mistakes the image of reality for reality itself. It squeezes the soul into the volume of a body, in the span of a lifetime, and now the spell of mortality is cast. The image of the self overshadows the unbounded Self, and we feel cut off or disconnected from “God the Infinite Consciousness”, our source.

This is the beginning of fear, the onset of suffering, and all the problems of humanity from our minor insecurities to our major catastrophes like war, terrorism, and all other acts of human degradation. To one who is trapped in the prison of the “the intellect of the brain”, all indeed is suffering. But the cause of the suffering can and should be averted. Ignorance of our real nature causes the inner self to be obscured. But when ignorance is destroyed, the powerful, unbounded, free nature of the self is revealed, and we are released into the knowledge of unimaginable freedom, peace, love and everlasting joy.

The real you are non-material and therefore not subject to the limitations of space, time, matter, and causation. The soul, the spirit, the essential you, is beyond all that. In this very moment, you are surrounded by a pure consciousness. Pure consciousness illuminates and animates your mind and body, and it is powerful, nourishing, invincible, unbounded, and free. Pure consciousness, “God the Infinite

Eternal Spirit”, animates and sustains everything in existence, which means it is omniscient (all knowing), omnipresent (present in all locations simultaneously), and omnipotent (all powerful). “And when we learn and grow and evolve into understanding we shall be all those things also, indeed co- creators with God”

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 15th, 2009 at 1:24pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Jul 15th, 2009 at 6:45am:
Quote:
Quote (Alan):

)))))))))))))

-----------------

Here is the quote

Astrophysicist Sir James Jeans wrote in the 1930s,

…the universe begins to look more like a great thought than like a
great machine.” So, too, I am proposing, in The God Theory, that ultimately it is consciousness that is the origin of matter, energy, and the laws of nature in this universe and all others that may exist. And the purpose is for God to experience his potential.

God’s ideas and abilities become God’s experience in the life of every sentient being. What greater purpose could there be for each of us humans than that of creating God’s experience? God experiences the richness of his potential through us because we are the incarnations of him in the physical realm.

If one takes the attitude that we are experiencing God's potential, in whatever instrument we are given on this earth, then we are of unequaled value, each one of us, as individuals. Our experience is absolutely unique, and, therefore, precious to God. When I say precious, I mean PRECIOUS.

I mean, there is nothing more important.

For instance, your little finger is not used for very much day by day but, if I tried to hold your hand down and cut your little finger off, your entire body would resist.

That resistance is also God.

God is the glue that binds us all together, and we know it as Love.

There is no other place where I can have the experience I had this morning, except in this body, with this mind in it.

I was sitting at a bus stop, on the ground, in the shade, on the corner of a parking lot, under a tree. I was serene. Then, I felt a pinch, right at the base of my spine. Beneath the top of my pants. In the back.

It was an ant.

It was very soon a dead ant, because where it was biting me was not only annoying, but bringing me perilously close to a public experience which would become downright silly if it continued.

So, it doesn't really matter how well we arrange our clothing, how carefully we sit, how well hydrated we are for the journey.

It's the ants that matter in the end.

Smiley

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:43am

Quote:
Let us consider, what life is, how could the unimaginable almost infinitely complex molecule DNA of life came into existence so quickly in relation to cosmological time. Life existed on the primordial earth just a moment after its creation, again in cosmological time?

The universe is unimaginable complex and sustains itself by exact precise fundamental constants, if this harmony differed in the infinitesimal fraction we would simply not exist; indeed the earth itself would not exist.

A billion trillion googolplex monkeys typing for eternity would not produce even one of Shakespeare sonnets. Another analogy, if we took a billion  airplanes, filled them with water, concrete and bricks and dumped the whole continuously on the earth for a billion years, would it magically and randomly form the beautiful Taj Mahal or the Sydney Opera house? But you insist I must accept the beautiful universe a of unimaginable precision came into existence this illogical way

When life needs to evolve due to changing circumstances, does it tell itself to alter its own DNA for the new conditions or could there be a watch maker resetting the watch

I see god adjusting the DNA overlooking his own experiment if you like

Our breathtaking beautiful is expanding and anything that expands must have a beginning. Can you prove there is no god of course you can’t, can I of course I can’t, but at least I can offer circumstantial evidence... Atheism is a faith belief system just like anything that requires belief without evidence.

Greetings Alan.

I couldn't have worded it any better. I am a logical thinker and to me, it makes more logical sense that God created everything based on the evidence that is all around us. The very fact that we have intelligence had to come from somewhere. Lately I've been discovering that other animals are more intelligent than humans give credit to. The visitations by extraterrestrials adds to the evidence that the universe is part of a grand design. I feel like a child still growing in knowledge.

Quote:
The real you are non-material and therefore not subject to the limitations of space, time, matter, and causation. The soul, the spirit, the essential you, is beyond all that. In this very moment, you are surrounded by a pure consciousness. Pure consciousness illuminates and animates your mind and body, and it is powerful, nourishing, invincible, unbounded, and free. Pure consciousness, “God the Infinite

Eternal Spirit”, animates and sustains everything in existence, which means it is omniscient (all knowing), omnipresent (present in all locations simultaneously), and omnipotent (all powerful). “And when we learn and grow and evolve into understanding we shall be all those things also, indeed co- creators with God”

I also believe that we are co- creators with God. That is our goal in life. To learn in the Earth life system seems to be the best for gaining morality, virtue, and wisdom. The ingredients of strife and struggle, along with the ups and downs of daily emotional life, teach us that by helping others who are suffering in some way, that we can both grow in friendship and generate love for others, instead of me, myself, and I all of the time. The more I learn in my earthly existence, the more I realize that want to help others. For those who don't get it, well they just have to reincarnate and try it again.

Sincerely,
Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #8 - Aug 1st, 2009 at 4:13am

Hi Ralph, Smiley

Thanks for the nice reply!

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.