Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hemi-Sync and Ipods (Read 4907 times)
Sammy

Montreal
Hemi-Sync and Ipods
Jul 1st, 2009 at 12:19pm

Hello,
I transferred a CD of a hemi-sync song "Between two worlds" that i purchased onto my Ipod. I just noticed that the ipod converts the song to AAC format (apple audio) and condenses the file size by about half. 

My question is if the effects of hemi-sync are greatly reduced by this?
Thanks.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Re: Hemi-Sync and Ipods
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 2:27pm

I have been using the TMI hemisync on my ipod for the past couple years and it works great.  I have also tried it directly from the original CDs and I didn't notice any difference.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 2:19am

I, too, see no problems in compressing HemiSync material. It has to be stereo though, but I guess the conversion software won't convert to mono unless it is custom-set this way.

Btw, this conversion to the apple sound format, the DRM pratices, adware in itunes and it's altering the computer's OS is one reason why I haven't purchased an ipod but an mp3 player.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

sulla

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 9:09am

I too use an MP3 player rather than an iPod.  I have all my gateway CD's converted to mp3's.

A lot of the hemi sync material is available at iTunes I believe, so I see no reason why it would not work for you.

-Andy

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 9:14pm

The actual files on the computer in the control room are WAV files, at 14,400 bps. If you have a big ipod or mp3 player, you can use this format with no loss whatsoever. The drawback is that these files are huge.

But using the default on itunes, it seems to work just fine. Remember that the actual binaural part of the signal is less than 0.5% of the total audio signal, and everything you are actually hearing is sound effects. You cannot hear the binaural beat, or waver, no matter how loud you turn it, and what format you use to transfer it.

I have a program called bavsa which decodes binaural recordings, lists the carrier frequency, the binaural beat frequency, and the percentage of the whole audio signal it is every ten seconds. It works great on the Monroe recordings (which I then duplicate using www.bwgen.com with no talking on it).

Thomas

IP Logged

pedigree

Reply #5 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 10:24pm

Make sure the mp3 files are converted to 320kbs and you should have no problem with the quality. Smiley

IP Logged

Sammy

Montreal
Reply #6 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 8:22am

Thanks everyone for the very helpful info.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.