Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Animal spirit-soul-subtle bodies (Read 8999 times)
spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Animal spirit-soul-subtle bodies
Reply #15 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 10:41pm

Kirolak:

When I perceive something, it's in my consciousness; but then everything I perceive would be my consciousness, and the term "me" becomes meaningless because everything would be me. But yet I feel like there's a me and a there. Paradoxical, and this has given fodder to the people's minds since some thousand years.

When I would make up a theory, I'd say something greater is divided in (at least) two parts: The me and the there (=an "individual" and the "outside world"), but both parts are modi of the same. The physical body then is part of the "outside world", the part of the outside world which I (seemingly!) can influence the most and is the thing which is closest to me.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #16 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 1:18pm

Well, Spooky, I know what you are saying, but I often think, as I struggle with my midlife expanding waistline, that the body is the thing I can LEAST influence. Indeed, influencing the outside world by winning the lottery would probably be easier. Well, just a small joke. Unfortunately, a true one! Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #17 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 11:38pm

Not a joke Vee, indeed, it's an observation which is at the heart of the issue. What you noticed shows the "outward" character of "our" body. It's still the thing which we can control the most, but not to the extent we want to. Think as well of heartbeat frequence, breathing (while sleeping even!), blood pressure, and all the zillion issues we have with our body, and the zillion functions which are running without our conscious control. This clearly indicates that there is a "me" and there, outside of me, is a body. My body is part of the world which I perceive. And when you drive a car, and you suddenly have to react to something in traffic, you might realize that your body is not only flesh, but as well your car (no matter if Volkswagon or Lamborghini). Isn't it?

Spooky

IP Logged

kirolak

What brings you here will
take you somewhere else

Reply #18 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 3:32am

BTW has anyone read the writings of Michael Topper (I don't have a link to hand, sorry, but if you google him or go to the Biblioteca pleyades you should find his work)  I find his style annoying of amusing, but what he says on the subject of  "you don't create your own reality" is very intriguing. (Sorry  -if off topic here maybe a kibnd Mod could move this??)

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #19 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 3:42pm

Thanks for your thoughts, Spooky, yes, I think it's true that so many things are extensions of our bodies. And our body is clothing that we have on, like animals have fur I guess, and it isn't always running purr-fectly! I continue to seek understanding of how to manifest in
physical reality. That's so key and is a real Holy Grail in my life.

Kirolak, I will go look up Michael Topper. Thanks. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #20 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 3:09pm

Hi again,

I was re-reading this and noticed that a misunderstanding might have developed. What shocked me originally was that I was seeing the astral body or some subtle body/ energy field pattern of a non-human.  I didn't mean it was the aura / halo of color that surrounds a physical form.
I'd never seen any other species than human while in a state where their energy fields show up.
All comments are still valid, I see. I ust want to clarify why it was important to me.

Smiley  Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #21 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 3:19pm

spooky2 wrote on Jun 15th, 2009 at 9:33pm:
Kirolak,
I'm a bit confused about what you've said.

(1) There's only consciousness
(2) There's an interaction of consciousness and matter (organisms).

So, there's not only consciousness, but consciousness and matter?
In my view, matter and it's forms are part of consciousness.

(3) quote: "we each get the type/shape of body-vehicle that best expresses our needs at the time of incarnation."

From this, there's not only consciousness, but apparantly fractions of consciousness ("we each"). So you could speak of human consciousness or cat-consciousness.

Well, I just want to say it's not that simple...

Spooky

My NDE showed me you retain your own unique conscious of self, I am Alan and will always be Alan, like a water molecule in the great ocean we call god

While we remain ourselves, we also have access to the source of existence, indeed it was unimaginably invigoration to somehow become God and expand my mind to full the universe and for a while I think I became omniscient

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #22 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 10:09pm

Quote Alan:

"My NDE showed me you retain your own unique conscious of self, I am Alan and will always be Alan, like a water molecule in the great ocean we call god
While we remain ourselves, we also have access to the source of existence, indeed it was unimaginably invigoration to somehow become God and expand my mind to full the universe and for a while I think I became omniscient"

My theoretic approach to the dilemma of being I and All at the same time is, the I is merely an empty attribute. When everyone merges into one this means everyone shares all knowledge with everyone; yet everyone is remaining an "I", then the only solution is the "I" of everyone is identical (being a mere function), and has ever been, only the memories are different, and these merge into one big memory with one "I".

Spooky

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #23 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 12:47am

spooky2 wrote on Jun 22nd, 2009 at 10:09pm:
Quote Alan:

"My NDE showed me you retain your own unique conscious of self, I am Alan and will always be Alan, like a water molecule in the great ocean we call god
While we remain ourselves, we also have access to the source of existence, indeed it was unimaginably invigoration to somehow become God and expand my mind to full the universe and for a while I think I became omniscient"

My theoretic approach to the dilemma of being I and All at the same time is, the I is merely an empty attribute. When everyone merges into one this means everyone shares all knowledge with everyone; yet everyone is remaining an "I", then the only solution is the "I" of everyone is identical (being a mere function), and has ever been, only the memories are different, and these merge into one big memory with one "I".

Spooky

Hi Spooky I searched for the right words and you expressed it so much better than me, nice precise concise post

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.