Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
afterlife? there is none... please prove me wrong (Read 9673 times)
Guns

afterlife? there is none... please prove me wrong
Jun 9th, 2009 at 6:46pm

I used to have the same idea of afterlife as most of you do, but lately I've been seeing the world with an different perspective.

My view is that we are all born blanks and as we get older our personality is formed by everything that accords in our life. So, our complex brain starts believe that we are an curtain person and we have our aspects on life and everything life holds.
When we die and our brain stops working the person whom we have become dies with it.
As for near death experience, what I think happens is that our brain is still working and we start dreaming. Just like people who are in a coma or when we sleep.
I have tired to reach different focus levels. I've twice had the experience of meeting deceased people and they tried to show me afterlife and explain it to me. But what I think happened is that I wanted to explore afterlife so much that I went to a dreamlike stage and my mind made up these persons I met.

I would like it very much that there would be a life after this one, so please prove me wrong.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: afterlife? there is none... please prove me wrong
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 7:41pm

Hello Guns:

I can't say I agree with you.  When it comes to what people experience during NDEs, some of what they experience is way beyond what is experienced while in this World. This being the case, I don't see how their minds could create such experiences.

I had an experience sort of like an NDE without a near death incident, and what I experienced is so certain it is hard to doubt. This is especially so, because there is a way of understanding that takes place during such experiences that is beyond what the doubtful parts of our mind can understand. If sceptics of NDEs experienced what people experience during NDEs, I doubt they would be skeptics.

Consider how people who have been blind all of their life are able to see during their NDEs.

Besides the experience I wrote about above, I've had many other experiences including numerous communications with spirit beings, and it is very clear to me that I've experienced something more than my mere imagination, even if I don't consider instances when I received information I had no way of knowing about.

Plus, being in contact with my my higher self and spirit guidance has helped me grow in very noticeable ways.

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 12:01am

Hi guns.If we did not have a spirit in are bodys,we would die.the body does nothing.it is the spirit that makes it move.you are not your body.George

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 7:12am

Hi Guns, I am quoting just from the last portion of your question here. You said:
"I have tired to reach different focus levels. I've twice had the experience of meeting deceased people and they tried to show me afterlife and explain it to me. But what I think happened is that I wanted to explore afterlife so much that I went to a dreamlike stage and my mind made up these persons I met. "
-------------

I think this is the point that Bruce Moen suggests that you experiment with the kind of information you get while you move through the focus levels. See if you can get some concrete information, specific questions answered. This proves your sources to you. It sounds to me like you are very close to being able to do that, if you have spoken to a few 'characters' out there.

Many members of this forum have been able to do just that. They are fully convinced, due to evidence which was clear to them. Perhaps what you seek is actually forthcoming. Keep trying, is my advice. One thing is, it is important to maintain a certain level of detachment until you get 'into' the experience. The only way I know how to describe it is that it is like stepping off of a very very very very teeny tiny step/ledge/ciiff edge into....somewhere. In the past, in my experiences, it has felt kind of like dropping off the edge, but without being startled or overly intrigued emotionally. At that point, I have to 'let things happen' and have not learned any special control or 'artistry'  to handle it, not that I have noticed. Others have developed quite a lot of control, from what I have read.

How did the experience go, when you were 'touring' the afterlife? I think that sounds pretty interesting.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 4:07pm

I spent a lot of time, at least 10 years, seeking proof that their is no afterlife and it kept bringing me to the same conclusion ...that there is one. Physics points to C1 being a subset of another superset. Of course there are many scientists who can't let go of the idea that C1 is the superset. They are the same ones, no doubt, who insisted that the world was flat and the earth was the center of the universe. There is much better evidence for an afterlife especially if you try to prove that there is none.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Guns

Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 7:48pm

thanks for you're answers, especially then one I got from recoverer, it made me doubt my doubt of afterlife.

Beau, can you please explain C1 to my, never heard of it before.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 8:16pm

You're welcome.

IP Logged

Mark Andrew

Indiana
Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 9:00pm

If I may ask everyone who currently believes that there IS an afterlife:

What would your top-3, or top-5, or top-10 books be in regards to what convinces you there is an afterlife?

Thanks

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #8 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 11:03pm

The first and biggest influence which shaped my current beliefs regarding the afterlife was Robert Monroe's Ultimate Journey.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #9 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 11:06pm

Mark,I dont give much thought to books about the afterlife.I go on my own experiences that I had that proves to me that there is an afterlife.I have seen a lot of people that I know who have died,even in broard daylight.George.Thats why im not afraid to die.George

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 8:17am

Guns:
This world is 'interactive' with our imaginations, and gives me verification in subtle ways. This is in 'C1' as it is sometimes called here.

Recoverer speaks of experiences that he knows he could not have imagined. This happened to me last night in a meditation. It was far beyond what I expected, like I moved up several levels in clarity, and the intensity of the experience was remarkable.

When people here talk about us, as human beings, being far more than our physical bodies, they are not kidding. The guides will take you as far as you are willing to open up, to let down the 'guard' which insists on interpreting for itself. The guides can show you more when you let them show you more. This can take repeated efforts, repeated study. We are constantly learning and growing, building on our previous experiences, just as you say. My own point of view was exactly like the one you reported, and I still doubt, or shall I say 'wonder' every single day.

But more experiences like the one I had last night will definitely show me what I need to know, to be fully and completely, without a doubt, convinced.

I am working in a level between lives. I will continue to work there for a while.

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 8:18am

Mark, Books:
For me it is not a book, or specific books. It is not a specific experience, either.

However, I highly recommend Bruce Moen's books, and the books of Robert Monroe. I recommend any books of spiritual wisdom. I recommend high quality cds with meditation training that works for you. Even this internet is a source of support for me.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #12 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 12:21pm

Sorry Guns, there is no one here that can prove the afterlife for you. You will need to do that all on your own. At least you are understanding the possibility of there being one, as you seem to be looking for proof. You will get there one day. By keeping your mind open to the possibilities of things not currently within your scope of reality,.. will keep you moving towards a place that is very exciting and fulfilling. I doubt that the knowledge you seek will be found in any book as books represent viewpoints and nothing more. That's not to say that you shouldn't read the books mentioned here as they can help in opening your mind to the many differant possibilities, but its important to develop your own viewpoint and become your own leader and not just one who follows like a well trained pet. Good luck on your journey of knowledge and discovery! There are many here that can help you along the way. Bruces book are great, as are Bob Monroes. Among many others. But remember that these books mention ways to experience possible understandings of the afterlife. They are just one mans way of doing so and by no means represent the only ways. The experiences they write about are how they have come to understand the messages they have received. Good luck!

IP Logged

pratekya

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #13 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 2:36pm

The best book on this topic in my opinion is Reasonable Faith by William Lane Craig.  It's written at about a upper division college level text, so its not the easiest to digest, but he is phenomenal.... WLC also verbally debates some of the most prominent atheists and anti religious academic types and wins in my opinion.  It's also definitely worth downloading some of his debates on mp3 format and listening to them.  His latest debate for instance was with Christopher Hitchens (God is Not Great author), although that debate I can't find for free, rather just for purchase (all of his others are accessible for free however).

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #14 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 3:13pm

I think there are a lot of great books out there for fine tuning one's belief in the afterlife, but each one I read seems to unlock new and interesting thoughts. Right now I'm reading My Big TOE by Thomas Campbell and I really really like it. There's no religious connotation to it but there is a morality to it. I also spent a month or two at his website before I ordered the trilogy. If you  are serious about figuring it out, even if you don't like what he says, his book is worth the read. I found Bruce's and even Bob's books hard to get into at first because they required a lot from my imagination. The pay off for doing your own search is priceless. It will only happen for you that way. If you can get past the idea that C1 (Here and Now, sort of) is a super set --which it is not and which Campbell is very good at proving, then you realize that the superset has to be non physical...and our waking life is a subset of that consciousness. If you turn yourself over to the journey and you are truly open minded but skeptical you will find what you are looking for. Best of wishes your way, friend.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.