Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
afterlife? there is none... please prove me wrong (Read 9679 times)
Beau

Greenville SC
Re: afterlife? there is none... please prove me wrong
Reply #15 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 5:48pm

Hi Guns,

I found this link that might help a bit...maybe. It's Campbell explaining some aspects of gathering info about NPMR (anything that isn't C-1) C1 = PMR in his information. I think he makes a lot of sense.

http://www.my-big-toe.com/phpBB34/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2915&hilit=

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

smacdonald2007

Canada
Reply #16 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 12:50pm

Man -- no one can prove anything that will satisfy you.  Angry

However -- if you open your eyes and look around -- you will see lots of evidence to suggest that souls exist and your this life is simply an incarnation.

There have been many documented cases of people going into hypnosis and speaking different languages,  knowing details about past events for which they did not have knowledge. Being able to provide details about battles, etc. Micheal Newton used to be believe your model - we are just a collection of brain functions and cells. This was true until he put under thousands of people and they told countless events of past history and all told of the same details about the spirit world. There are also alot of people doing that type of work.

Myself - i have had a past life regression and i told details of a 1776 battle and being a British solider training in Winchester.  Trust me - i am in the high tech field, and i have no clue about history. How did i know these dates and details about various battles and dates. After listing to my type and then using Google to do research -- i had chills.

There has also been many countless details throughout the world of ghosts. If we all just died when out bodies give out -- there would be no ghosts. People have typed objects moving, etc. There are even police records that can;t be explained.

I personally believe ghosts and newer sprits that do not want to move over to the spirit world.

So -- i would agrue with you that there is way more evidence to suggest that we are spritual beings than just a collection of cells and brain functions.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #17 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 11:03pm

(1) Wilson Van Dusen, "The Presence of Other Worlds"
I have read widely on afterlife evidence.  Van Dusen's  chapter entitled "Minor Miracles," is by far the most impressive reading on such evidence I have ever encountered.  The chapter details the best verified evidence provided by the best verified astral explorer who ever lived, Emnanuel Swedenborg. 

(2) David Fontana, "Is There An Afterlife?  A Comprehensive Overview of the Evidence"

This book is by far the most comprehensive work of its kind.  Even so, it is not as impressive as my first choice.  By the way, I think Robert Monroe and Michael Newton ironically provide a disturbing case AGAINST an after, even though they purport to do the opposite!

Don

IP Logged

Mark Andrew

Indiana
Reply #18 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 11:46am

I've decided to give both of those books a try.  Thanks Berserk2.

Why do you say that Monroe provided a case against an afterlife?

IP Logged

pedigree

Reply #19 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 9:46pm

'Survival beyond physical death is not a belief system therefore but a simple fact as natural as being born" - Robert Monroe " Far Journeys".

No person or book can prove to you beyond doubt that there is 'life' beyond death but you can prove it to yourself.
Trying to get it intellectually will never prove it to you absolutely.
When you accumulate the evidence, by direct experience, by yourself that there are things you can do and see that are classed impossible otherwise ,you are well on your way to proving it to yourself.
It doesn't matter what  anyone believes , it only matters what you know.  Smiley

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #20 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 10:18pm

For what it's worth I found Fontana's book a bit light where I really needed something solid to bite into, you know.

As for Swedenbourg, well I think what he writes is quite interesting, but I can't get past the idea that he is writing for a simpler time with a smaller reality of understanding than we have now. And that's why I like Moen and Monroe and Thomas Campbell. But like everyone else says too, you have to find your own way to this stuff.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Mark Andrew

Indiana
Reply #21 - Jun 21st, 2009 at 4:41pm

pedigree wrote on Jun 20th, 2009 at 9:46pm:
'Survival beyond physical death is not a belief system therefore but a simple fact as natural as being born" - Robert Monroe " Far Journeys".

No person or book can prove to you beyond doubt that there is 'life' beyond death but you can prove it to yourself.
Trying to get it intellectually will never prove it to you absolutely.
When you accumulate the evidence, by direct experience, by yourself that there are things you can do and see that are classed impossible otherwise ,you are well on your way to proving it to yourself.
It doesn't matter what  anyone believes , it only matters what you know.  Smiley

Wise words.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #22 - Jun 27th, 2009 at 3:53am

[color=#000000]Guns wrote on Jun 9th, 2009 at 6:46pm:
I used to have the same idea of afterlife as most of you do, but lately I've been seeing the world with an different perspective.

My view is that we are all born blanks and as we get older our personality is formed by everything that accords in our life. So, our complex brain starts believe that we are an curtain person and we have our aspects on life and everything life holds.

When we die and our brain stops working the person whom we have become dies with it.
As for near death experience, what I think happens is that our brain is still working and we start dreaming. Just like people who are in a coma or when we sleep.
I have tired to reach different focus levels. I've twice had the experience of meeting deceased people and they tried to show me afterlife and explain it to me. But what I think happened is that I wanted to explore afterlife so much that I went to a dreamlike stage and my mind made up these persons I met.

I would like it very much that there would be a life after this one, so please prove me wrong.    

Try not to focus just try to BE AT ONE

Here is way you can know there is an afterlife. If you do not feel utter desolation to the very core of your being, God lives in you, god is infinite and eternal, your are a fragment of that infinity and it can never be extinguished because because infinity simply is infinity

The brain is not the soul of mind, it is the hard drive, the processor of your mortal body. The mind download constantly onto the brain right up to death and a little beyond and that is why some of us remember events from a near death experience

The Cosmic “the Soul” personalized is an infinitesimal part of God in man. Just as a drop of water from the ocean has all the ingredients in the ocean, this “the Soul” has all the powers of God.

However, just as a drop of water from the ocean does not make up the ocean, the “the Soul” of one person does not make up God’s “the Soul”. All the drops joined together become the ocean; all the “the Soul”s in the universe together make up God’s Cosmic Soul”.

The Soul” is the source of all happiness, all misery, health, and disease, abundance and lack, riches and poverty, joy and sorrow. As the greatest

Our “ Soul” is a microcosm and creates the macrocosm universe and more until it all consolidates into the GODHEAD.

If you experience these things then you have an eternal soul,do you think a state of soullessness emptiness exists in you?

If you do you must and would die, By that I mean your physical body will die, because it is your soul or mind that sustains it as one harmonious organism

Like a laser beam, “the Soul” can focus its attention on the smallest atom or see the whole universe as if it is a speck. “the Soul” can become part of the environment and embrace the entire cosmos.

I know this is true, because when I died during my NDE I became god for a few wonderful inexplicable moments outside of linear time and space  

The speed of thought is more than the speed of light. In a millisecond, “the Soul” can reach the farthest galaxy, billions of light years away.

It is instantaneous and unlimited by space or time. For example, the precocious genius Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart said that he could hear a musical work as a single event and not successively.

What is thought what is conciousness ??

What “the Soul” is and where it is situated has been debated for centuries. Rarely two philosophers agree on one definition or location for “the Soul”.

Rene Descartes, French philosopher, scientist, and mathematician said that there is a total and absolute distinction between mental and material substance and that “the Soul” he said situated in the pineal gland. I disagree the soul is a quantum energy field hovering around our body, especially the head area near the brain and many see it as an aura

“The Soul” is non material and cannot become part of a material such as the brain, pineal gland or amygdala.

We can go through every nerve cell, analyze electrochemically, spectroscopically, mass-photographically, electronically, and, using all known tests, we will not find any indication of “the Soul”.

There is no single location for the “the Soul”. The human “the Soul” is distributed throughout the human body and its environment.

Every cell has its own “the Soul” and has the ability to function independently or jointly with all the cells of the body.

For example, a neuron is capable of deciding whether it will transmit information to another nerve cell and, if it will, to which one among the thousands of cells with which it is in contact.

Similarly, endocrine cells decide whether they will respond to a demand for a particular enzyme by cells in another far corner of the body.

Even sponge cells exhibit a similar capacity of awareness. When a piece of sponge is ground up and individual cells are suspended in solution, they will come together and become a complete sponge within a few hours.

This indicates that each cell has a “ Soul” of its own to decide to combine with another sponge cell and with which of the thousands of cells floating in solution.

Just as each of the thousand pieces of a splintered mirror will show the same reflection of an object as the whole mirror, each cell reflects our “the Soul” and each cell in the universe we humans etc, reflects the universal

SOUL CALLED BY US as GOD.

Alan

[/color]

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.