Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Love and Fate (Read 1578 times)
Sidey

Love and Fate
May 29th, 2009 at 2:53am

Say that you lived a very full life with love and family etc. But never met that "soul-mate" or "other half". Like many, but still try to find them anyways. Maybe you never met, just passed each other by or did meet but something else came up and never went any farther. You would never know what could of been, and eventually never know in this life.

Now assuming we control our fate, have free will and plan our lifetimes to learn and grow with love. How do you find that special someone when its completely up to them and yourself? You can't affect each others free will, correct? So in that fact the possibility of finding your soul-mate is infinitely low. It's not like you can re-do this certain life again and make some adjustments so all the stars align correctly and find that happiness in someone else. If it never happens in your life, then you can assume it was never suppose to happen and will in fact never be.

Terrible thoughts right? It's what keeps me up all night  Cry

Anyways I figured it would be interesting to know what you all thought about that with spirituality mixed in. For those who found your true love, all the more to you.

IP Logged

Cricket

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Love and Fate
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2009 at 12:47pm

Might still happen - John and I didn't find each other until we were thirty - but we found out later that my parents had looked at property practically next door to where he lived with his parents (quite a way from where we were at the time) and things fell through.  I think you get started out in the right direction, and then sometimes other people's free will kinda balls things up.  Then "fate" or whatever tries to fix it, otherwise - next life, try again.

There was a similar set of circumstances around John's death - looked like it was supposed to happen at a slightly earlier time and didn't, then very unusual circumstances repeated when he actually died.

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 29th, 2009 at 6:56pm

I think, Sidey, that there is always much more that is possible than we imagine. My own personal experience has taught me not to predict what will happen in this area of our lives. It is clear to me that the partner who has the most to teach you is not always the one who brings the most happiness into your life. So, I have come to the conclusion that it is best to reserve judgement about what a 'soul mate' actually is.

However, it is natural to want this happiness, even to long for it to the point of distraction.

I agree with the idea that there are energies available which can help you come into harmony with love, with an experience of love which is great, full and deep.

Whether this person is in your immediate physical vicinity does not matter, with regard to your intention to communicate and connect. In meditation, you can meet your true love, which is really the one who helps bring you into clearer focus -- to yourself.

But, you didn't want to hear all of this. You just want to find your soulmate. Your soulmate also wants to find you. Be open, and believe.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #3 - May 29th, 2009 at 8:28pm

I reject you reincarnational premise, but even if we presuppose reincarnation, why would you imagine you have a soul mate?  Why not make the more obvious assumption--that you have had various spouses. all imperfect, with varying degrees of compatibility?  There is no reason to elevate any one loving husband to the status of a "soul mate" with whom you have a unique and unparalleled bond througout eternity.

Don

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - May 29th, 2009 at 8:57pm

Hi Sidey,

Ask yourself what you are really seeking. Love and intimacy? Companionship? Security? Etc.? The only place to truly find what you need is within yourself. Only you can meet your own needs.

The "one" is always the best teacher and that person can be anyone. Life, nor love is perfect. We are here to learn and those close to us are our best teachers.

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.