Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ritual in the afterlife? (Read 2017 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Ritual in the afterlife?
May 16th, 2009 at 3:35pm

Greetings,

Have you in your experience or your reading ever heard of rituals in the afterlife?

When retrieving or visiting the afterlife, I've never seen souls in a church. And although I haven't had to visit a realm of 'hellishness,'
I've never heard any reports from those who have that any satanic rituals were being performed-- 'hells' were more just chaos.

Why is this so (or am I wrong?)

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Re: Ritual in the afterlife?
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2009 at 10:22pm

yes, in reading. Church rituals. Church services. But right this minute I don't recall where.

Bets, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some BST where some things I don't want to know about go on, but I don't think you have the right character to end up there, even for a visit Like attracts like. But the Satanic stuff would probably have to run in a loop, since dark arts seem to me to be focused on manipulating physical matter, and if it is a BST, there would be no physical matter to manipulate. But the mind-set would be to repeat it to get the effect. Sort of like the folks in those sex piles who 'can't get no satisfaction'.

Do you remember the story RAM told about being on some level, and there would be a ...parade? and there was some leader, and everyone would bow down when he paraded past? That's a ritual. Does that count?

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - May 17th, 2009 at 9:23am

Hi Lucy,

Yes, to me a parade is a ritual.  Thanks.  Smiley
Do you recall which RAM book that was in?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #3 - May 17th, 2009 at 2:40pm

I would look in the first book; I don't currently have a copy.

I also recall reading another story but I don't recall where; it could be RAm or it could be someone else. I just recall where I lived at the time I read it! It sounds like a RAm story but I just don't remember. The individual reported being on another level and interacting with someone (a woman) who thought she had gone to the heaven...or at least the next stage, for members of whatever particular denomination they had been in, in physical life. The woman said the groups minister gave a sermon..every week? Then the woman said that each week, individuals went forward at the call, and then the woman didn't know where they went. The implication was that they graduated to a next level. Hmm, sounds like a RAm story. Anyway, it involved a regular church service.

Some years ago, there weren't so many sources available.  and no internet! I read what I could find. Probably some of that would be discounted now. But there might be indications on the afterlife conditions. Ruth Montgomery wrote a lot, and years ago I was a voracious reader (compulsive reader, as Capote once said, I think). This doesn't have to do with your question, but she wrote about walk-ins years ago, an idea I just can't ...can't really accept or deal with. But it has amused me that Ghost Whisperer is now using that concept to further its story-line. I guess retrieving earth-bound souls isn't exciting enough for tv viewers.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #4 - May 17th, 2009 at 3:28pm

Bets

I looked at an old book that is on-line looking for a reference to church in afterlife.

This book is written in the language of its age...obviously! but it is quaint to me, sort of endearing too. This is how someone would have written when the kids in The Magician's Nephew were kids! I do go off on tangents!

Anyway, here's a page that mentions church. OK . This is a Christian afterlife. You get what you put into it. There may be more relevant pages in this book but I haven't read it in a while so I am not sure.

http://www.earthlypursuits.com/LtrLDMan/DMXLVIII.htm

(ps Bets this page has a reference to hypnagogic!
http://www.earthlypursuits.com/LtrLDMan/DMX.htm
the word has been around a while I guess!)

(pps: there was a second book, complete with a picture of Judge Hatch
http://www.earthlypursuits.com/WLLDM/WLLDMan.htm
not that that makes it more valid, just more interesting.)

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #5 - May 17th, 2009 at 4:52pm

It would make sense that such places of ritualistic behavior exist in the belief system territories, where individuals entertain limiting beliefs and think they need these rituals for salvation or whatever other reason they may have, are are therefor unable to advance beyond that level.  Bruce moen speaks of visiting such a place right here on his website.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #6 - May 17th, 2009 at 9:46pm

I'm not sure about satanic rituals in specific, but rituals as such would be even more common and powerful in the afterlife below Focus 27 as they're in the physical. We might even take this as a definition for Focus27 that rituals there would be less common and rigid, simply because the main characteristic of rituals, their unquestioned repetition, is a main reason to keep people away from reaching Focus 27.
  Rituals are a direct expression of strengthening dubious beliefs. They keep one from thinking in diiferent ways, as they have to be performed always in the same way- they are the most conservative thing you could ever imagine.
  Additionally, when we think of the lesser density and therefore the increased sensibility to thoughts in nonphysical realms as opposed to the physical, rituals are even more effective. Thoughts are things. In a broader sense, rituals are the main reason for retrieval candidates to remain stuck in their private environments, as rituals are perpetueing thought loops. Rituals, in a more narrow sense, for some appear to be a necessary means to remain focused, to give support against a sea of fears and distractions, with the same result of silly repeating patterns.

I though add that passing over for most people probably is a quite effective ritual killer. Think of the life review, the light of love and such. Most rituals will melt away from facing this.

Spooky

P.S. There are actions called "rituals" which are invented ad-hoc to give power to a specific affirmation or so. These are of a different nature, as long they're an offspring of lively intelligence and don't have become itself a necessary, addictive part of life.

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.