Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Neale Donald Walsch caught plagiarizing (Read 22258 times)
identcat

Afterlife Knowledge Member

New Hampshire
Re: Neale Donald Walsch caught plagiarizing
Reply #60 - May 6th, 2009 at 12:33pm

I have only read one of Neale Donald Walsh's books because my aunt read it first and found it confusing. She couldn't understand where Neale stopped and God began the conversation. So, I took the book and as I read it, highlighted all of God's "voice to Neale" in gold.
For the most part, I enjoyed the book and agreed with about 90 per cent of what was said. It gave a lot of hope. 
My husband and I watched the movie, also named Conversations with God. It was a biography of Neale Donald Walsch and how he came about to write the series of books.  It was very interesting.

As for all the rest, a person must find belief within ones self and follow that belief individually. Our lessons vary from person to person and our experiences all vary also. 
For all those who posted here, your INDIVIDUAL experiences and teaching are helpful to all who visit.  Sometimes one single sentence will change a life.  Love to All --- Carol Ann

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Neale Donald Walsch caught plagiarizing
Reply #61 - May 6th, 2009 at 1:18pm

Regardless of whether or not it is appropriate to claim that one is channeling God when one isn't doing so, hopefully Walsch's books have an overall positive effect rather than an overall negative effect.  If a person approaches his or any source of information with a cult like mentality, even a valid source, this isn't a good thing. We should always be free to figure things out for ourselves. A limiting belief system is a limiting belief system regardless of where it comes from.

identcat wrote on May 6th, 2009 at 12:33pm:
I have only read one of Neale Donald Walsh's books because my aunt read it first and found it confusing. She couldn't understand where Neale stopped and God began the conversation. So, I took the book and as I read it, highlighted all of God's "voice to Neale" in gold.
For the most part, I enjoyed the book and agreed with about 90 per cent of what was said. It gave a lot of hope.  
My husband and I watched the movie, also named Conversations with God. It was a biography of Neale Donald Walsch and how he came about to write the series of books.  It was very interesting.

As for all the rest, a person must find belief within ones self and follow that belief individually. Our lessons vary from person to person and our experiences all vary also.  
For all those who posted here, your INDIVIDUAL experiences and teaching are helpful to all who visit.  Sometimes one single sentence will change a life.  Love to All --- Carol Ann

« Last Edit: May 6th, 2009 at 7:54pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.