Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What is going on here (Read 6144 times)
nonphysicalguy

Floridaaaaa
What is going on here
Apr 27th, 2009 at 11:36pm

Even though I just became a member on this forum, I have been on this site reading all the threads for a little over a year.  I joined the site because I finallly gathered the courage to begin exploring myself.  But it seems that this forum is much less active now than it was back then.  It seems like there has been a spiritual drought here.  Has everyone already talked about everything this is to talk about?  Is noone exploring anymore?  Or just keeping things to themselves?

IP Logged

Berserk2

Re: What is going on here
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 12:54am

Your perception is correct and I will probably take another prolonged absence because of the lack of stimulating discussion that used to characterize this site.  But I do have a suggestion.  Survey the many pages of threads posted during the past few years and respond to one that intrigues you.  By doing so, you will bring back topics that might stimlulate the kind of discussion we used to have.

Don

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 5:44am

Everything happens in cycles...
Plus there are many more sites out there too.  People are 'exploring' those as well I would assume....

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 6:01am

cycle is a good word....quiet times are natural

i know people who are really really really uncomfortable with 'quiet' times, so much so that they must 'fill them up' with something

so they throw 'something' into the mix

nothing wrong with that...creative, if you ask me

but i don't mind a little silence either....gives me the feeling of people quietly gathering their strength for what is next

and, after all, it is spring, where i live...don't people have a little wanderlust in these times?

then again, we could all simply be terrible bores
that's always a possibility

i go out and look at the other interesting sites....witness the adrenaline rushes...listen to the music...listen to a story

a friend of mine says in passing that he thinks about death every day...what a good thing it is to think about one's death every day, and i have to agree

that's why i come to this site, to think about life, to think about death, to wonder what i am missing at any given moment

there is always something interesting around the corner, so it seems
------------------

i just noticed this article:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8021845.stm

it's about a message in a bottle, a message from Auschwitz, from some inmates from France and Poland, a message written in 1944, found in a wall, hidden for all these years...

they wanted to be remembered

so many things are like that, just like that
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2009 at 7:43am by N/A »  

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 10:11am

Hi

I agree with what's being said
and would like to add that IMO we could do alot more discussing if folks would read (Bruce's) books so that we have some terms and concepts we can share. It's impossible to get to the truths here without some background in this field.

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 12:12pm

Having been a member of AK website for over 10 years, having read all of Bruce's books (and many many others since the early 1970s), and having gone to Bruce's workshop, I think what's going on is that a lot of folks are just burned out.

Although the website is called Afterlife Knowledge, let's face it....we really don't know much of anything about what the afterlife is like and what goes on there.  I have yet to read a comprehensive description of life on the "other side."  I don't think there is such a thing with the possible exception of ES' books.

Yes, plenty of NDE stories etc but those don't describe what goes on in the afterlife.  

Another problem is that many of the "old timers" on this board who really had intellectually stimulating contributions have left.  

Years ago Bruce was very active on the board.  When he became more or less absent, the board wandered all over the place and lost its focus.

Having said all of this, it's maybe for the best.  We are all living a physical life for a reason.  I doubt the best way of living our lives is to immerse ourselves in endless speculations about the afterlife. We'll get there soon enough.  

In the meantime it seems to me far more important to shut off the computer and hopefully fulfill the purpose for which we were born in the first place.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 12:42pm

Well I for one, have to say that things are going quite wonderfully for me spiritually.  No drought.  Doing well spiritually doesn't mean you have to do a lot of non-physical traveling. It is more about finding ways to let go of limitations so you can live according to love more completely. I have enough information to know that a wonderful future awaits me. I believe this is so for all other souls, even though some souls ("seem") to take a longer time getting there than other souls.

The more we let go of limitations, the more we recapture our spirit selves. One limitation we need to let go of is the fear of making contact with our spirit selves, which are connected to the rest of the World of spirit. Since we always have the choice when it comes to what kind of person/being we want to be, we don't have to worry about making conscious contact with unfriendly spirits.  If we have good intentions, we'll make contact with spirits who love us dearly and have our best interests in mind. They'll reveal things to us in a manner that is certain, even if the way we do so doesn't follow the guidelines of skeptics. When you find that you are feeling more and more like a light being even while human, you'll know that you're doing well.

IP Logged

Aras

Seattle
Reply #7 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 2:43pm

Hi
I've noticed the quiet not only on this board, but other boards that deal with the afterlife/otherside stuff that I go on.
So.. maybe it's just quiet time, and that's ok

Aras

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #8 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 5:01pm

Aras wrote on Apr 28th, 2009 at 2:43pm:
Hi
I've noticed the quiet not only on this board, but other boards that deal with the afterlife/otherside stuff that I go on.
So.. maybe it's just quiet time, and that's ok

Aras

That could be true.  I am not on that many Spiritual Boards or boards that are just Spiritual Based.
However, the Astal Pulse seems to be doing just fine.  They are steady.
Here is a link to their STATS
It is a pretty good forum.

My home forum is up and we carry all sorts of 'Not So Normal Subjects' too.  Wink
Spirituality being just one of them...
However, we have a 'TV Station' now and we are getting hits from that.

Here is TVOM
There is OnDemand too.  Very Decent Programing here...all Free.
No money is made at all for Open Minds forum.

IP Logged

Aras

Seattle
Reply #9 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 10:17pm

Old Dood,
I visit the astral pulse site too. It's a good one, and a lot going on there it seems all the time.
Thanks for posting your links too!

Aras

IP Logged

pratekya

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #10 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 11:34am

Alan is what happened here.  He basically ruined the site in my opinion.  Even older posters who were difficult (Chumley and what was the other one's name - Space... hmm?) were never as personally insulting and incredibly hypocritical as Alan.  At least you could have deep conversations with them, and they wouldn't begin threads with self congratulatory ego masturbation that tries to pass as spirituality, with half the site's readers buying it.

http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1198056872/5#5

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #11 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 11:58am

Blaming one person for the slow down of traffic on this site is a cop out.  If there is a thread I want to reply to (or don't) I make the choice - and so can anyone.  An open forum means, much like the real world, we will have people of many different backgrounds

Now it is true that some posters, when they are eager will post 5-10 new threads a day, and that alone may make it a more difficult board to appreciate, but we manage. 

If you want the board to be more active, or discuss certain topics, then take the initiative.  Give some thought to your interests and respond to a post or start your on thread.

M

IP Logged

pratekya

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #12 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 12:15pm

A cop out?  Doc is seems like you are not willing to read the thread that I indicated and then attack the conclusion without looking at the evidence.  If you had something to say about the thread in which Alan is exposed for who he is then your response would be more appropriate.

I did post, quite a lot, before I became disgusted with posts that we're self aggrandizing b.s. and a community that was willing to sacrifice truth and critical thought for keeping things nice and pleasant.

I would say an example of a cop out would be placating a plagiarizer, or not calling him out on inappropriate behavior, or not noticing the glaring hypocrisy involved when it's coming from someone who is claiming to be so spiritually advanced.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #13 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 12:34pm

I don't agree with everything Alan says, but I'm happy he's here.  Sometimes we do agree. Even when we don't, I don't take offense, because I believe each person should be free to make his or her point. If we don't agree with what he or she says, just say so.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2009 at 2:04pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #14 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 12:36pm

Prateykya,

I read the thread.  I know Alan plagiarized his post/thread  I chose not to comment on it, simply because it was brought to everyone's attention and then fell into the abyss, as many threads do.  My expressing scorn for Alan would accomplish nothing.  He did wrong, and while I didn't like it, I felt that for me, it could drop.  

Like I said, we have all kinds of people on this forum.  So many different cultures, beliefs and feelings.  I will call someone out if I think they are out of line, but I won't belabor the point after that.  You did the right thing - and then it should drop. 

Instead of lambasting Alan, I chose to find threads I wanted to respond to, or to create my own.  

You should post more, even if you go against the grain of New Age thought; I for one would love hearing more from you.
M

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.