Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Will I see my mother again? (Read 1171 times)
Mark Andrew

Indiana
Will I see my mother again?
Apr 22nd, 2009 at 5:22pm

First of all, she's still thankfully alive, but we are 36 years apart in age, and I will almost certainly spend part of my life without her someday.

The reason I ask is this:  She is a Christian.  I am not.  I've read several times that we go  to a place in the afterlife where like-minded people congregate.  

Does that mean since she will go to the "Christian section," and I almost certainly won't, that I will never see her again?

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Re: Will I see my mother again?
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 5:44pm

From what I've read being a Christian does not guarantee you will wind up in a belief system territory, but even if your mom wound up there and you in Focus 27 it seems to me that you could easily visit, but she might find it more difficult to visit you.

However that being said there are also some good discussions in here about how we are in multiple places at the same time taking on many different experiences. I think you will find a plethora of opinions about your question. Good luck, Mark.

Yours,
Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 6:57pm

Am I ever waiting for the definitive answer on this question! Some people get quite panicked over the idea that they might be separated from their loved ones due to the fixation they do or do not have on whatever. First of all, in my opinion, there is no separation. That's just a convenient interpretation of 'whatever' reality we visit. What happens to one of us happens to all of us. When will we ever get that straight?

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 11:04pm

While most believe that "like attracts like" in the afterlife, we are told by mediums, afterlife explorers and through ADCs that our loved ones and relatives hold a special place for us with their love and usually meet us when we pass on - often no matter how advanced their spiritual development.

Love and what some here describe as the vibrational state (defined by how loving you are) seems to be the greatest factor in determining like attracting like - not being christian or jewish while on earth. 

How do we become more loving?  We strive for it.  We try to make our actions in line with our thoughts.  We understand that the golden rule "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" or "do not do unto others what you would not have them do unto you" applies.  We find that the idea of karma is merely understanding that for every thought and action, there is a consequence or reaction......we free ourselves from the wheel of karma when we act lovingly, because loving thoughts and actions lead our souls closer to the divine (which is based on pure love). 

Matthew

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.