Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Underlying Purpose for this physical existence (Read 3199 times)
I Am Dude

Underlying Purpose for this physical existence
Apr 21st, 2009 at 7:57pm

Here is what I have gathered from the culmination of my readings, the knowledge I have experienced in altered states of consciousness and in higher dimensions, and my intuition:

We are here to learn to be cocreators, to learn to be gods.  We are here to learn how to use our energy for creative purposes which promote the spiritual advancement and wellbeing of ourselves and others.  

The physical dimension is basically an elementary school compared to the more advanced systems of consciousness which exist.  We are learning the basics of how to use and control our creative energy through physical materialization(a much slower process than the instantaneous materialization process of higher dimensions and more advanced systems), by experiencing the manifested results of our thoughts, beliefs, and emotions.  The goal being to create our ideal reality, one in tune with our innermost self; in other words, one which brings about the most love(the purest energy of our innermost being) for ourselves and those around us.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Underlying Purpose for this physical existence
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 8:17pm

I figure that if a being or a number of beings became aware of the fact that they are going to exist for all of eternity, they would want to find the most wonderful way to do so that is possible, and come up with something similar to what Out of Body Dude wrote.

After learning about love, not only does a being want to do so for itself, but also for every other being that exists.  Once you learn that the happiest and most meaningful thing to do is to love others, why would you want to stop?

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 9:31pm

At first glance we might think that this physical earth place isn't an optimal training place for creativity and learning about love at all, as it is all so slow and mixed with impure influences.

But then, this slowlyness could be an advantage over the instantenous results creativity can have in nonphysical places; one might be caught up and messed in one's own creations, so that a constant support and guidance is necessary to not get lost. This again means, less independence. So, a greater degree of independence from guidance, to be more on our own, can be one important factor in learning here.
   Another one is, due to the slowlyness of matter and other limitations, a higher degree of focusing can be gained, once you are on the right track. Actually, I had the idea once in a mind-journey, that because of the challenges and imperfections here, we can become able to refine the power of our love to a degree which can hardly be learnt in a less dense realm in the same way.
  An additional point is the mixture of characters we come into contact with. In the nonphysical levels it's much easier to be with like-minded. Here in the physical we meet beings which we otherwhere couldn't even communicate with, if we ever happened to meet them at all over there.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 11:38am

I think the bottom line here is experience, but the whys of experience I find to be a vast and complex matter.  The more I get to know, the more also I get to know there's just so incredibly much I as an incarnation don't yet know, but then again, got to start somewhere. Some points I find interesting:

Who am I? Think this is a big one, and my experience is to peel off the layers I've learnt to go by.

I'm a <insert vehicle for the spirit>
I'm a <insert planet currently inhabitated>
I'm <insert country currently inhabitated>
I'm <insert race>
I'm <insert age>
I'm <insert gender>
I'm a <insert occupation>
I'm a <insert parent if any kids>
I'm <insert personality characteristics>

Who's behind all the layers and masks? Who's the spark that makes the body come alive?

Duality - Two opposites that create a gradation between them. No sense of height if there was only low.

Dark and light (and the merged balance)
Female and male (hard about this, softest about that, harder about other things and so on)
Cold and hot
High and low
Active and inactive
Left and right
Oppressed and oppressor
Wide and narrow
Fat and skinny
Rich and poor

Feelings - When reading an e-mail or a letter, and compare the same text/thoughts being spoken in a conversation, I like the richness that feelings can add to just about anything. Another comparison, a musical piece with rich emotional content, and a song with a minimum of emotional expression put into it.

Interaction - That's at least a big part of how I learn, not forgetting that observation of interaction can also be a source of knowledge.

Getting done with the lessons and experiences (moving on) - While many others I've met seem to live as they'd live here forever, I opt to shake off, and try to break repeating experiences which seem to pop up again and again until I've had enough of them. I really like the logo I've seen used by the monroe institute - a figure spiraling out and away from the earth. Forever. What I put into that figure is a being with newfound abilities/knowledge that makes the being ready for other adventures, which wasn't a possible option before making castles made of sand in this playground.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Volu

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 12:56pm

Can you be yourself, or do you conform to group consensus?

Here's a 60s candid camera clip, infused with another trait I think is an interesting thing to learn about while on earth. Humour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPfMpatUQIA

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 3:41pm

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #6 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 5:32pm

Love that causes pain seems more a addiction to me.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 7:51pm

Smiley There's different ways you can pitch this, so it's very hard to form or hold (except as an interim view) any sort of definite position as to the nature of our existence. The 'what' is tough enough to get anything beyond a tentative  grip on, the 'why' is far beyond this and probably far beyond our comprehension.

Viewed from existence in physical life it can be characterised as a learning school - one in which we learn to shed ego beliefs and resulting drives to live through love.

Viewed from Spirit we as a collective part of God mind know all of this already. Trouble is we decided to try out separation, and having done so our of misplaced fear of being punished by God for this have spent many lives suppressing this knowledge and inventing individuality in what we perceive as a reality while immersing ourselves in it - in an attempt to suppress this fear.

We're consequently trying to find our way back to where we were, to escape from the mire of misperception we have created.

Both of these though are essentially dualistic views in that both are abstract representations of our situation, both from the viewpoint of an imagined self. One conceptualises Spirit as a self, and implies the view that higher existence is good, the other suggests a core purpose for what we perceive as physical existence. That's before even we inject time as another artefact of the way we perceive, rather than any absolute reality.

Neither necessarily makes mush sense. What we perceive as worldly existence seems to be the result of our belief in it, what we may even experience as higher existence we still conceptualise in dualistic and self based terms.

Perhaps in reality these are just two relative views out of the gazillions that exist (both laterally in terms of throughout space and multiple dimensions, and along the timeline) - some of which are real or in keeping with His laws, and some artefacts of our erroneous beliefs - out of which complexity Spirit/God somehow extracts what is real, and views/creates in its entirety all at once....

Even setting aside the self interested rose tinted varieties of so called 'love' the real thing can by the way can seem quite hard or tough, or cause pain in this relative reality. What in the overall picture is best for all beings may be perceived by the self as very painful...

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 7:53pm

I can see that Beau, in answer to your post above. The search is an interesting one, and seems to bring me, personally, back to the same questions, over and over -- they seem to be universal questions. For me, the greatest discovery has been that the 'search' is not really necessary. The 'wanting' and the 'hungering' that so many express -- not necessary. But love -- love itself -- how do we define that? That, I could never really do.

Speaking of conformity. How much of romantic love is false expectation? 'Reality' is change, in this life. Any situation without change -- does it live? Is it living?

But, please, don't listen to me. I just like to talk.

IP Logged

Volu

Reply #9 - Apr 26th, 2009 at 4:41am

Group-separation-individuality

Bush, some of the alien claws http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzMJhOwBLqw, hitler, new age, the military, christianity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zImjUyC-9l8,  and the gossip club on the corner have something in common; the craving for oneness/sameness - thinking the same, doing the same, walking the same, talking the same, eating the same, blah blahing the same. And then there are some troublesome individuals who just refuse to 'be one of us'. Individuality, and diverse possibilites for experience are being eradicated. Cultures/tribes/countries have and are being watered down to a melting pot, the same icky bland denial of experiental taste. Power structures and technology are some tools for this purpose.

Should someone be forced to a one path solution because <insert autority of preference> 'knows what's best' for that someone? Why the lust for control; thought that was what the dark characters was known for? Tongue As with the being monroe met that had a peek at this playground and presented heshe as a master. Didn't work.

How can one really separate if one comes from the source? Would source experiences "itself" as smaller pieces, and become lost in the process? That sounds like a local rooted idea. I see individuality as freedom of choice not being at the expense of other pieces. But looking in the mirror, and looking around; at the expense of others happens while learning - perphaps another reason for setting up this experiental playground. Bodies may be tossed around, but the real deal isn't hurt a bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owvJIfBt4RI

The now changed slogan wasn't about the war on terrorism. It was and still is the war on diversity, where might makes right. It doesn't matter if it's 'my' or 'our' tune, as long as you dance to one of the provided tunes. If you you switch over to another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esHEPt41Sjc, there are a growing number of mechanisms to, at least try to, reign you back in.

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 26th, 2009 at 10:43am

I find it tough too V to accept that an omnipotent and all knowing God needed to create this ego driven zone of suffering (especially One that by the same cosmology has to maintain control over outcomes anyway), and think it very possible too that to focus overly on any of the perspectives amounts to wishful thinking.

More precisely it probably amounts to a mis-perception/overlaid conceptualisation of the nature of our existence  rather than any genuine take on reality - which itself is very arguably the work of ego.

ACIM for example is quite definite that this is the case, and presents a very complete view as to why this is by its own framework the case.

Perhaps the most important perspective in all of this is the need to drop our attachment to all such beliefs - in the knowledge that at best they are likely to be gross simplifications anyway, and not helpful.

That's not to say that it's not useful to speculate a little as to what the reality probably is not - if only as a means of providing us with the  justification we may need to drop previously held and ego inspired intellectual beliefs that inhibit our ability to 'know'/see reality, and hence be assisted in becoming more able to live through love.

This last is a key perspective of ACIM and the Eastern traditions  -  that we can't in truth achieve this without higher assistance - Grace, assistance of the Holy Spirit, Buddha nature or however we choose to describe it.

That in essence we're in too deep to figure it all out alone (our perception is too confused, and too ego led); and that as above it's the letting go/forgiveness that's the key decision the situation requires of us if we're to access the above assistance.

So that over time we may open by shedding the limiting beliefs that obscure our view.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.