Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
USING A MIRROR AS A PORTAL INTO THE AFTERLIFE (Read 3358 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
USING A MIRROR AS A PORTAL INTO THE AFTERLIFE
Apr 10th, 2009 at 3:09am

:
OR TO GET INTO AN ALTERED STATE OF CONSCIOUSNESS

Get the largest mirror you have at home

The goal is to ease the transition into an altered state of awareness

Go to the most peaceful room in your home, sit up in a comfortable chair. The room must be comfortable, not too hot or cold, avoid anything that could distract you while trying out this method of inducing an altered state of consciousness. Take off watch, uncomfortable clothing ect……..etc

Place the large mirror  in front of but at a slight angle so that you are not looking at your reflection, I suggest about four feet from your eyes

Now just let your mind float on beautiful thoughts of peace and serenity, let peace embrace you like a warm blanket.

Get all the photos of your beloved passes over ones and place all around the room, open all your family albums, open your family bible if you have it on hand..

Include every other object that formally belonged to a beloved person now in the afterlife (All these items retain energy from the persons you seek to contact)

Select the time of the evening when there is the minimum noise in the surroundings, switch off TV, radio and as many electric appliances that is practical, the energy emanating from then can interfere with the spiritual energies you want to draw into the room

The mirror gazing is very simple. When you are comfortable in your chair, everything is quiet; you are peaceful and serene in the dim light of the room.

Gaze into the mirror from an angle (you do not want to look at your own reflection)

Gaze keep gazing be patient, wait until you feel a sensation in your
body, many feel a tingling, Goosebumps or even an warmth or energy flowing into the body.

The mirror might begin to become cloudy, like a cloudy day, our it might darken; just go with what is beginning to appear in the mirror..

Do not try to direct the image let it flow if you do this they will fade away

When you really begin to feel or the tips of fingers toes begin to tingle, you are entering an altered state of consciousness, this state is very much like the sleep paralysis Hypnagogic state of the out of body experience

The images that appear usually last a minute or two, with practice and patience this method of inducing an altered state of consciousness can produce amazing results with amazing imagises, without the use of drugs etc

Record what you see or perceive as soon as you come out of the trancelike state

If it does not work at the first try, leave it until another time and try again

Try it guys it really works
Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Aras

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Seattle
Re: USING A MIRROR AS A PORTAL INTO THE AFTERLIFE
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2009 at 5:10pm

I actually tried that many years ago, after my daughter passed. I read about it in a book, and I don't remember what book it was right now, but.. it didn't work for me. However, the author of the book, had a room in his home set up to do exactly what you stated with clients. He would take them on a long nature walk, and talk about who they wanted to contact, and supposedly everyone that did it, in his special room, came out having seen their loved ones.
Maybe i'll give it a try again... can't hurt.
Aras

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2009 at 8:07pm

Alan

Have you had any interesting experiences with this technique?  I am thinking about giving it a try.  My only experience with using mirrors as portals is when I am out of my body.  Pictures and paintings work as portals while out of body as well.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2009 at 8:12pm

Aras

Maybe at that time , I , presume, you were still in a state of unimaginable pain, sorrow and deep grief, that only a parent who has lost a child can comprehend .

Strangely, many people approach me all the time for me for bereavement and grief counseling for that exact same reason as your loss. Namely the loss of a child, this is the ultimate trial of life for anyone, nothing can be worse in my opinion.

Have you and your wife finally reconciled the loss and found the strength to carry on? I am sure this is the wish of your lovely daughter smiling down on you from heaven

I know you feel her presence at times, but might be unaware of it. When you take a nap in the afternoon, have you not felt someone has sat on your bed and looked up and just dismissed it. Or heard her voice and thought it was your imagination, she might have done little pranks in life ,like hiding your car keys and they still disappear, or similar sorts of thing happens around you, it is her trying to get your attention, that you dismiss

There is no such thing as distance between this realm and the beautiful dimension she now lives in. But unlike you who cannot feel her presence, unless you prick up your ears. and become aware like I suggested

She is able to see you all the time, of course that does not mean she would invade your privacy. But when you contemplate about her she can read your mind and come into your very presence, right next to you. I hope all this makes some sense to you and resonates with you. I know it was no accident you had a peek at my thread feeling just a little curious about it.

I am not a medium and my method is to rationalize the process in the light of a continuation of life in a beautiful heaven etc

In this state you could not relax and your aim was to try and direct the vision to reflect your daughter.

Maybe now with after years, the great sorrow has lessened and you will be able to relax as per my suggestion.

Of course you might have reached a point in your life that you feel it is unnecessary to contact your daughter, because you know she is safe, happy at peace and waiting at the portal to welcome you when you finally pass over and hug her again with unspeakable joy

I do not usually answer a post in such detail , so I think it is important for a reason that maybe only you know

Peace and light

May God bless you forever

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2009 at 8:40pm

Hi  OutOfBodyDude  Smiley Smiley

Quote:
Alan

Have you had any interesting experiences with this technique?  I am thinking about giving it a try.  My only experience with using mirrors as portals is when I am out of my body.  Pictures and paintings work as portals while out of body as well.

I don't really need a mirror, I get into this state easily, put a dark cloth over my eyes and wait patiently for what I call eyelid visions.

It seems that somehow my brain projects these visions and images onto my eyelids, instead of the normal reverse of the eye feeding the brain with images

However try the mirrors if your wife or kids can give you a few moments of quite

These images can be very beautiful , strange robed people walking around in great marble buildings, or horrible visions of demons, if this happens, I just open my eyes and drink a cup of coffee

Have you in you OOB state visited what I call the Hall of Mirrors, If you have you should try to linger there as long as possible, these mirrors are like great TV monitors, in them you can look at nearly any wonder in the universe, afterlife, up the infinities of light realms, and down to the ever darker realms down , if you are very brave.

Being a"bull in a china shop" uncle Alan had to rush in where angels fear to tread, thus my view of hell like realms.

You don't actually go to these dimensions you just get a picture of what they look like

I did not mean to offend you with my comment I know it was not really me that you dislike, but some of my views.

If you read my posts carefully it will seem that I change my beliefs like the wind alters its course. Between you and I , I like to take the position of a devils advocate at times , as this keeps the thread going and interesting, of course being fallible I regret at times I have taken this too far.

I will try to remedy my wayward ways from now on I promise what you read in my posts from this moment on will be my opinion.  Grin

Peace and light to you

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2009 at 5:23pm

Hmm I don't recall visiting a hall of mirrors... I have been to what seemed like a hall of windows, however... seemed like a type of museum, with a different scene behind each window.

You did not offend me, Alan.  I was not trying to offend you either, just expressing my thoughts and beliefs, as you were.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Aras

Seattle
Reply #6 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 2:27pm

Hey Alan,
I want to thank you for your post. I was in a state of unimaginable pain,sorrow,grief back 7 years ago, and still am. It’s different now, but will always be with me.. till I am with my daughter on the other side. I have lost friends and family, and parents... but
You are so right about the loss of a child.. it is the worst thing that can happen.
There are many times I have felt her presence, have had many wonderful dreams and dream contacts, many signs, and she has come through in all the medium readings I have had. But.. it just isn’t enough. And.. how do I know it’s really REAL? I can only hope that everything I have experienced really happened.
She has come through to my husband in dream contacts, and my son. Especially my son... she has taken him to her side in a dream contact he had.
I agree that it was no accident looking at your post.
Like you said, maybe now after all these years... to give it  another try. And I will.
I don’t think I’ll ever reach a point where I won’t need contact from her... she is my daughter and I miss her  so much. I will always want contact from her... always. Again.. I hope she is safe and happy. I don’t know anything for certain!!!

Thanks,
Aras

Alan McDougall wrote on Apr 10th, 2009 at 8:12pm:
Aras

Maybe at that time , I , presume, you were still in a state of unimaginable pain, sorrow and deep grief, that only a parent who has lost a child can comprehend .

Strangely, many people approach me all the time for me for bereavement and grief counseling for that exact same reason as your loss. Namely the loss of a child, this is the ultimate trial of life for anyone, nothing can be worse in my opinion.

Have you and your wife finally reconciled the loss and found the strength to carry on? I am sure this is the wish of your lovely daughter smiling down on you from heaven

I know you feel her presence at times, but might be unaware of it. When you take a nap in the afternoon, have you not felt someone has sat on your bed and looked up and just dismissed it. Or heard her voice and thought it was your imagination, she might have done little pranks in life ,like hiding your car keys and they still disappear, or similar sorts of thing happens around you, it is her trying to get your attention, that you dismiss

There is no such thing as distance between this realm and the beautiful dimension she now lives in. But unlike you who cannot feel her presence, unless you prick up your ears. and become aware like I suggested

She is able to see you all the time, of course that does not mean she would invade your privacy. But when you contemplate about her she can read your mind and come into your very presence, right next to you. I hope all this makes some sense to you and resonates with you. I know it was no accident you had a peek at my thread feeling just a little curious about it.

I am not a medium and my method is to rationalize the process in the light of a continuation of life in a beautiful heaven etc

In this state you could not relax and your aim was to try and direct the vision to reflect your daughter.

Maybe now with after years, the great sorrow has lessened and you will be able to relax as per my suggestion.

Of course you might have reached a point in your life that you feel it is unnecessary to contact your daughter, because you know she is safe, happy at peace and waiting at the portal to welcome you when you finally pass over and hug her again with unspeakable joy

I do not usually answer a post in such detail , so I think it is important for a reason that maybe only you know

Peace and light

May God bless you forever

Alan

IP Logged

banana

Reply #7 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 1:31pm

Aras I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I just lost my little brother just two months ago. I feel your grief and sadness.
I started a post on March 13 with many responses. I am still grieving for him but since I have been contacted three times by him the mirror gazing technique that Alan talks about has really piqued my curiosity. Also my mother and father have been going through a really tough time,my brother was such a good son to mom and dad.
I read a book called Reunions by Dr.Raymond Moody. He talks about mirror gazing and creating your own "psychomanteum". You create it with either mementos, art or with nature. It is hard for me to do the mirror gazing at the Twilight hour since I have a little dog and a husband and 11 year old. It seems like noon is the quietest in the house. Does it matter if you alter the time to do it? The last time I did it I had on my watch and didn't disconnect the phone which I should try.I am glad you posted about this because you have given me a renewed confidence to try again. Any other pointers?How big should the mirror be?

IP Logged

Aras

Seattle
Reply #8 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 5:00pm

Banana,
Sorry to hear of your loss. And like you, I can understand about your loss too. As my son misses his sister too, and always will. And I feel for you and your parents too. How are they doing with it? It just sucks.. plain and simple. I still shake my head in disbelief.
I think that book you mentioned is the one I read and decided to try it. I think he describes in detail how the mirror should be placed etc. I don't have the book anymore. Maybe it might be online somewhere. I'll search for it. I don't think it matters what time of day/night you do it either. Just as long as the room is dark and lighted just enough to see in the mirror. Let me know if you find out more on it too.
Thanks, Take care... Aras

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #9 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 8:26pm

Aras

I would have responded sooner but on trying to log into the forum I found I had somehow become a guest.

Your daughter is much nearer to you than you could ever imagine. If you just try to heighten your awareness, you will be able to pick up the subtle odd hints she is using to get your attention from the beautiful realm she now dwells in

It is difficult for her to manifest in the material world, because she is now a quantum being that cannot interact with the physical easily that is.

She is right next to you as you read this post and reaches out with butterfly kisses that fall so softly on your cheek

Take a week of heightened awareness directed at your daughter and she will really make an effort to show you she still exists in beauty.

In the bible the great king David, who suffered like you the unspeakable pain of the loss of his child, got up from his sorrow and morning, and said Although I know he cannot come back to me, I know I will go to him one day. Much like your words?

Peace light and God bless

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #10 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 8:29pm

OOBD

Quote:
Hmm I don't recall visiting a hall of mirrors... I have been to what seemed like a hall of windows, however... seemed like a type of museum, with a different scene behind each window.

You did not offend me, Alan.  I was not trying to offend you either, just expressing my thoughts and beliefs, as you were.

You know, the term hall of mirrors was just my own invention, and I think you are right it was much more like windows into other realms of existence

Peace and light

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

banana

Reply #11 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 9:05pm

Aras I know it sucks. My mother is having a harder time than my father. My father was my brothers fly fishing partner and my mothers latin partner.You see my mother is Colombian and my father is a California boy.My brother has that latin quality like my mother so they were very much alike.My mom crys everyday. My dad has had a couple of dreams about my brother,but my mother has had nothing.My crying has become less since my brother has come to me 2 times. If you go back and click on my name banana maybe you can read the post on those visits he gave me. Thats the only reason I came to Bruce's web and am learning so much about the afterlife.Pure Unconditional love..... that is where your beautiful daughter is and my beautiful brother.Ever since the(visits) the grieving has become better....I can't explain it.My three children ages 23,19(boys) and my 11 yr old daughter have had quite a time with this grieving stuff also.You see my brother was single and could relate to them.When the boys would get in a fight with girlfriends or Mom and Dad(ME) they would drive to my brother Johns house. So, our family is missing this beautiful soul. And like Alan said I too wish that everytime I mention his name he is there even though I cannot see him. I saw what Alan wrote and I am going to try that. What do you mean by one week of heightened awareness? I am reading the book and it does mention stuff about your diet like go light on meat and chicken, no coffee. I have to do it in the middle of the day like noon. I will work towards next Monday or Tuesday and just do what Alan said.
Thank you Alan for your tips. I have been just waiting for someone to delve into this area....thanks....Anna banana

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.