Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
hell is here now among all of us in this world (Read 15394 times)
Rondele
Ex Member

Re: hell is here now among all of us in this world
Reply #15 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 10:52am

Albert-

I am not a biblical scholar by any means, but there's no way the Jesus of the Bible is the same individual who dictated ACIM.

The biblical Jesus made it clear that sin is not a good thing.  I believe He said the wages of sin are death...or something to that effect.  And his warning about what will happen to anyone who causes a child to sin is clear enough: that person will be held accountable in an unmistakable way.

However, the Jesus of ACIM says that sin is not real.  It's just an illusion.  He also says there's no need to feel guilty about committing sinful acts because.....guess what?....those acts never took place.  We just "think" they did.  Accountability??  What's that?  We can't be accountable for even the most heinous acts because they were just illusions.  Tell that to the family of a murder victim.

Now please someone tell me how these two teachings can possibly come from the same teacher??

It's just that simple.  Either Jesus did a complete 180 in the past 2000 years, or the Jesus of ACIM is an imposter.

To me the answer is obvious.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #16 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 10:58am

Volu
Quote:
Immortal spirit A chooses for one of the incarnations to have experiences that includes suffering.  Incarnation B says sub-A can't do that. Incarnation C says everyone not "helping" (denying the experience) are cold hearted, by telling them they are leaving sub-A behind, because sub-C wants everybody to do what he/she thinks is right, and guilt is the weapon of choice to perform crowd control. Maybe A wants sub-A to learn how not to be a victim. Perhaps sub-A learns that bringing children into the world when not being able to provide for them makes for a hard path, even though welfare programs are in place to reward people for behaving as easter bunnies. Sub-A at least had the funds to get condoms, but refused to take responsibility. Guesswork. Who's to really know what spirit A wants out of the experiences, except for that spiri

So according to this logic the immortal soul of Hitler looked down on the earth and said, you know what I will incarnate and become the worst mass murderer that planet has ever seen

And god stood back and said OK Oh man Oh man My head hurts

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #17 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 11:13am

ACIM states that Jesus was Misunderstood 2000 years ago... well, I'm not a follower of it, but I don't find that hard to believe. Neither ACIM or The Bible is without flaw in my opinion. I have yet to read anything that has exclusivity on how one should lead their lives to promote spiritual advancement...except the golden rule. Including the Golden Rule in a spiritual work does not give that whole work credence. It's an interesting thread just like the last twenty times this argument has come up.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #18 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 11:28am

Hi Rondele

Quote:
However, the Jesus of ACIM says that sin is not real.  It's just an illusion.  He also says there's no need to feel guilty about committing sinful acts because.....guess what?....those acts never took place.  We just "think" they did.  Accountability??  What's that?  We can't be accountable for even the most heinous acts because they were just illusions.  Tell that to the family of a murder victim.

I agree absolutely with Rondeles sensible comments

The Jesus of ACIM is not the real Jesus , but a "challeled demon of deception".

Once one believes sin, another words for depravity is not real, then lets us eat drink do what we like to who we like when we like, we cant really hurt anyone, it is just an illusion and will soon go away

Go and tell holocaust victims that sin is an illusion, wake up and smell the coffee folks depravity is as real as the steal weapons it uses , to murder, rape, pillage, destroy, corrupt

People who think that sin is an illusion are in for a rude awaking a huge shock when they die and see in the life review every despicable act they have ever done played off for them, And the life review does not just end with their fowl acts, they have to stand there in shame and see and feel all the pain, sorow, loss, fear, terror that they have caused all the way down the huge web of their accountability

Can Hitler just say to God sorry god, let me go back and try again?

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 11:45am

It's fascinating that the same people who dismiss the Bible will read ACIM and other channeled material and swallow it hook, line and sinker.

I remember one poster who said Jesus isn't relevant any more because he lived 2000 years ago and the world has changed drastically since then.  And after all, channeled stuff is SO new agey and cool......

The message of ACIM is seductive.  Everyone is without sin!  How neat is that?  Reminds me of other stuff that is going on in our culture these days.  Such as, every kid makes the honor roll. There are no "wrong" answers any more in some schools.  No one gets an F, etc etc.

Don't you guys get the bottom line of all this stuff?  Leveling of the playing field, whether it's about sin or about life in general.

The message of ACIM resonates these days simply because it's right in line with the direction society is going in almost every other aspect of life.

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #20 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 12:51pm

Both Helen Schucman and William Thetford acknowledged that the course uses Shakespeare like prose. I don't understand why the spirit of Jesus would speak in such a way.

Let's see:

-Helen became a Catholic for a while because she figured God would be like Santa Claus.

-She found out that he wasn't, and became disillusioned.

-She decided that science has the answers, and developed a strong hate for spirituality.

-Yet, Christ supposedly chose her to speak for him.

-She was very unwillinging to do so, yet she did so, because the spirit she received words from forced itself upon her, and because William Thetford talked her into continuing to do so. Even if Christ would choose to channel a very lengthy, repetitive and affirmation oriented course, one would think that Christ would choose a much more willing subject.

-Her life ended with her being in a rageful depressive state where she used coarse language and referred to the course as that G-- dam course.

Yeah, it all adds up to actual divine inspiration. Not!

You know what it comes down to? People just don't want to believe that unfriendly influences have gotten to the new age super market. Outwardly they'll say that unfriendly influences exist, but on the inside they're afraid to truly admit it. Instead, they come up with apologetics for sources that aren't worth defending.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #21 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 1:05pm

When I was shown an image of the being that is responsible for the words, I was shown it in two different ways. One morning it was shown as unfriendly looking alien. The next moring it was shown as a red colored rageful demonic looking being.  I'm not one hundred percent certain, but it is possible that it was shown in two different ways, because it doesn't have a look that includes biology based morphology. If I was shown an image of what it really looks like, I probably would not had understood what I was shown. Therefore, instead, I was shown two differing images with the hope that I would conclude that each image was representitive but not how the being actually looks. I received a confirmation that what I just wrote is accurate while I was writing it. I also received imagery, when I received images of the being, that the course leads people away from what Christ taught/teaches. In the past, I had a dream that made the same point.

A misleading influence isn't going to tell people to go out and do things such as rape and murder people, because most people won't listen to such words. Instead it will find a way to mislead people without their knowing that they are being mislead. Consider Scientology. People who are into Scientology will swear by Scientology, but does Scientology represent the truth?

In his book Ultimate Journey Robert Monroe wrote that he was told that there are unfriendly influences, they aren't smarter than us, but they have a lot of experience, and can mislead us. Perhaps such influences have learned what does and doesn't work, when it comes to misleading people.

Alan McDougall wrote on Apr 7th, 2009 at 11:28am:
Hi Rondele

Quote:
However, the Jesus of ACIM says that sin is not real.  It's just an illusion.  He also says there's no need to feel guilty about committing sinful acts because.....guess what?....those acts never took place.  We just "think" they did.  Accountability??  What's that?  We can't be accountable for even the most heinous acts because they were just illusions.  Tell that to the family of a murder victim.

I agree absolutely with Rondeles sensible comments

The Jesus of ACIM is not the real Jesus , but a "challeled demon of deception".

Once one believes sin, another words for depravity is not real, then lets us eat drink do what we like to who we like when we like, we cant really hurt anyone, it is just an illusion and will soon go away

Go and tell holocaust victims that sin is an illusion, wake up and smell the coffee folks depravity is as real as the steal weapons it uses , to murder, rape, pillage, destroy, corrupt

People who think that sin is an illusion are in for a rude awaking a huge shock when they die and see in the life review every despicable act they have ever done played off for them, And the life review does not just end with their fowl acts, they have to stand there in shame and see and feel all the pain, sorow, loss, fear, terror that they have caused all the way down the huge web of their accountability

Alan

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 1:16pm

<<You know what it comes down to? People just don't want to believe that unfriendly influences have gotten to the new age super market. Outwardly they'll say that unfriendly influences exist, but on the inside they're afraid to truly admit it. Instead, they come up with apologetics for sources that aren't worth defending.>>

Albert- yes, that's true but the real question we need to ask is what is ACIM's real agenda?  

If I really accepted the crux of ACIM, I would toss the whole concept of accountability for my actions right out the window.  I would figure that anything I did, or intend to do, is merely illusionary and therefore of no consequence.  And if anyone had a problem with me or my actions, it's their problem not mine.  They just need to realize that what they see and hear and feel is an illusion and not real.

And thinking it through to its logical conclusion, the biblical injunctions against sin and wrongdoing can be ignored and also tossed out the window.  Jesus really didn't know what He was talking about.

The whole thrust of ACIM is to undermine Jesus and His teachings.  In fact, in one of the lessons in the back of the book, the entity that is passing himself off as Jesus makes a mistake and refers to Jesus in the third person!  Something he would never do if in fact he was Jesus.  He would have said "me" or "I".  

A little slip of the forked tongue.

IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Reply #23 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 1:36pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Apr 7th, 2009 at 11:28am:

Not necessarily. It still comes back to the basic question of freewill. If you choose to embrace depravity you have to accept all that that means karmically and in your life review at the end. Sin is an unfortunate term with all sorts of implications of guilt, unworthiness and   being damned before you start. Some churches concept that we are all born as sinners is responsible for a lot of damage in the human psyche. What you resist persists and eventually it will break out and bite you in the ass.
In a sense you can do just what you like, as long as you accept the fact that there's a price to be paid, and you're inner moral sense (soul connection?) will try and warn you of it. Maybe modern life is so occupied with trivia and M band noise that it's difficult to hear it. And saying that its all an illusion is often times a form of denial for many. Supposedly the ELS IS an illusion, but we're stuck in it until we cross over at the end.

Quote:

People who think that sin is an illusion are in for a rude awaking a huge shock when they die and see in the life review every despicable act they have ever done played off for them, And the life review does not just end with their foul acts, they have to stand there in shame and see and feel all the pain, sorrow, loss, fear, terror that they have caused all the way down the huge web of their accountability

Yes, and then they have to do a past life review with their guides and accept that they will have to go through an equivalent experience to balance things up? See Michael Newton's books on this and it will give you more information. Shame is not the right word. Regret, remorse and acceptance of responsibility may be better in this case.

Quote:

Quite possibly. We don't know what Hitler (or Stalin or Pol Pot or George Bush or (insert personal demon here)'s life plans are/were and where and when and how they deviated from that, why they did and what they are intending to do about it in future lives.

Best wishes,

David.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #24 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 1:48pm

Rondelle:

Regarding the agenda, I've written about this before in a more extensive way, but I'll summarize:

-To create a block between people and what Christ would truly reveal.

-To get people to assert what is supposedly true through a bunch of affirmations, rather than actually finding out what is true. True knowledge doesn't come to be by making a bunch of affirmations.

-To get people to become indifferent to the suffering in this World, by getting them to believe that it is nothing but an illusion.

-To get people to spend a lot of time reading words that basically say the same thing over and over again, and to spend a lot of time making affirmations, rather than taking the time to look at themselves and find what limiting thought patterns need to be taken care of. The course doesn't address how to deal with specific issues. Instead, it says that the only issue that matters is that the so called separation be brought to and end.

-To get them to believe in an ego like entity so profusely, that they end up creating such an entity within themselves.

-To make it seem as if God has nothing to do with this World by claiming that he didn't create it, and everything we experience is nothing but a meaningless illusion. My feeling is that anytime we share love with another person, while in this World, God's love and therefore reality, is abundant.

-By making it seem as if spiritual growth is an all or nothing matter. Either you're attoned, or your not.

-By not addressing issues that need to be addressed.

-By entrapping people who could've made a difference in this World within a limiting belief system that due to its assertive nature seems to be positive, but in fact curtails a person's growth.  It is hard to see how a false approach to spiritual growth is limiting you, when you are entrapped within it.

Consider what the course says about the 365 days of affirmation lessons it provides:

"Remember only this: you need not believe the ideas, you need not accept them, and you need not even welcome them.  Some of them you may actively resist.  None of this will matter, or decrease their efficacy. But do not allow yourself to make exceptions in applying the ideas the workbook contains, and whatever your reactions to the ideas may be, use them. Nothing more than that is required."

It seems to me that if something doesn't sound right, we should be free to not engage in it. Yet, the course doesn't want to provide us with that freedom. It pretends that it does by stating that you don't have to believe the lessons as you read them, but then it takes away your freedom by stating that you have to do the lessons.  Sounds like doubletalk to me.  The course also says, "This is a course in miracles. It is a required course.  Only the time you take it is voluntary."

I agree with you Rondelle in that if Christ spoke, he'd be more forthright about it. The quote I provided also sounds like a bunch of doubletalk.

rondele wrote on Apr 7th, 2009 at 1:16pm:
<<You know what it comes down to? People just don't want to believe that unfriendly influences have gotten to the new age super market. Outwardly they'll say that unfriendly influences exist, but on the inside they're afraid to truly admit it. Instead, they come up with apologetics for sources that aren't worth defending.>>

Albert- yes, that's true but the real question we need to ask is what is ACIM's real agenda?  

If I really accepted the crux of ACIM, I would toss the whole concept of accountability for my actions right out the window.  I would figure that anything I did, or intend to do, is merely illusionary and therefore of no consequence.  And if anyone had a problem with me or my actions, it's their problem not mine.  They just need to realize that what they see and hear and feel is an illusion and not real.

And thinking it through to its logical conclusion, the biblical injunctions against sin and wrongdoing can be ignored and also tossed out the window.  Jesus really didn't know what He was talking about.

The whole thrust of ACIM is to undermine Jesus and His teachings.  In fact, in one of the lessons in the back of the book, the entity that is passing himself off as Jesus makes a mistake and refers to Jesus in the third person!  Something he would never do if in fact he was Jesus.  He would have said "me" or "I".  

A little slip of the forked tongue.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #25 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 2:05pm

Detheridge:

I deleted a post I wrote to you because I thought of something better to say. Remorse, guilt, regret, shame, such words have a lot in common.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #26 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 2:52pm

Alan:

I agree with you. I believe that the premise that people take on really difficult incarnations because their souls need to learn lessons, is taken to an excessive extreme.

For example, I figure that a lot of children are forced into prostitution not because their souls need such lessons, but because unethical people will take advantage of such children.

Some people like to believe that the changes are going to happen in 2012 and everything is going to change for the better. If as ACIM contends the suffering we see in this World isn't real because this World isn't real, or if as some sources contend souls take on difficult incarnations because these are the lessons their souls need, then why in tarnation do the changes need to occur? It seems to me that some contradictory thinking is in play. A person needs to be willing to question what he or she reads, in order to see why such discrepencies exit. It is hard to be willing to question, if a person believes it is unhip and unloving to do so.

People are hungry for knowledge. Because of this, there are occasions where they get overly excited about what they read, and aren't wiling to question what they read. To get them to question what they read, can be like trying to take a toy away from a child. Certainly some of the sources that seek to mislead, know about this factor.  Perhaps it is best to have a little knowledge that is based upon truth, rather than a lot of knowledge, if you can all it that, that is based upon false principles.

Alan McDougall wrote on Apr 7th, 2009 at 10:58am:
Volu
Quote:
Immortal spirit A chooses for one of the incarnations to have experiences that includes suffering.  Incarnation B says sub-A can't do that. Incarnation C says everyone not "helping" (denying the experience) are cold hearted, by telling them they are leaving sub-A behind, because sub-C wants everybody to do what he/she thinks is right, and guilt is the weapon of choice to perform crowd control. Maybe A wants sub-A to learn how not to be a victim. Perhaps sub-A learns that bringing children into the world when not being able to provide for them makes for a hard path, even though welfare programs are in place to reward people for behaving as easter bunnies. Sub-A at least had the funds to get condoms, but refused to take responsibility. Guesswork. Who's to really know what spirit A wants out of the experiences, except for that spiri

So according to this logic the immortal soul of Hitler looked down on the earth and said, you know what I will incarnate and become the worst mass murderer that planet has ever seen

And god stood back and said OK Oh man Oh man My head hurts

Alan

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #27 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 3:42pm

Alan,
"So according to this logic the immortal soul of Hitler looked down on the earth and said, you know what I will incarnate and become the worst mass murderer that planet has ever seen"

The incarnations who chose to follow the words/orders of hitler did most if not all of the killing as far as I know. A soldier might blame a leader, to whom the soldier probably is mere cannon fodder, but the responsibility for the action is that of the doer. The lips move, the forked tounge flicks, but one still has a choice. Nowadays some leaders dub warfare peace operations, and say they are spreading freedom and democracy (with bombs).

Bodies have died in numerous ways throughout the timeline, bodies will continue to so, it's the destiny of a body to die, and the sparks that gave the bodies life move on to different areas of the astral.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Reply #28 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 3:46pm

recoverer wrote on Apr 7th, 2009 at 2:05pm:
Detheridge:

I deleted a post I wrote to you because I thought of something better to say. Remorse, guilt, regret, shame, such words have a lot in common.

Hi Recoverer,
Yes they do have a lot in common, but it may be the differences that are important. Obviously this could descend into mere semantic argument, but I would -for discussion obviously- define in this case shame as a negative feeling about what and who you are, and remorse and regret about your actions. Guilt is a sword of Damocles (like sin) that's held over the heads of far too many people as an instrument of control and as such I believe that it can stunt personal and spiritual growth.
But looking at your other post, why do you think that the idea of a difficult incarnation is taken to an excessive extreme? I'm not making excuses or trying to minimise or belittle anyone's suffering; all I'm saying is that we don't know what pre life tests and lessons we all agreed to before we came here. Reputedly, some folks even volunteer for tough assignments before their next incarnation! (I've thought several times in this life that I must have been crazy to agree to some of the stuff I've been through -oh, well...)

Regarding 2012, there's much information about change for us on a multi dimensional level; I would guess that they'll make all our petty wars and nonsense on this planet finally irrelevant. Barbara Hand Clow states that this planet has been in a 'galactic quarantine' for many thousands of years, and it's time that we got back with the reest of our family.
I don't know if she's right, but it doesn't FEEL wrong to me, so I guess all we can do is wait and see and look out for the signs if we want to and ignore them if it doesn't suit our current beliefs. ACIM has never appealed to me so I just leave it and move on, but that's my own decision. Anyone else will have to make a similar one based on the evidence they can find and their own feelings.

.....All of which, naturally, you are perfectly at liberty to disagree with  Grin

Best wishes,

David.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #29 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 3:54pm

Volu:

Going by your line of reasoning, if man A pays man B to kill man C, man A is innocent, because man B pulled the trigger.

Regarding your comment about people sending bombs in the name of democracy and peace, your line of reasoning suggests that if man D pays man E to kill man F, then man A becomes innocent.

Your last comment is a form of moral relatavism that justifies murder.  When it came to Hitler, there was more involved than the numerous people that were killed during World War II. Many people sufferred in a manner that served no purpose. Even today there are skin heads, nazis and KKK members who take part in hate crimes, partly because they are influenced by what Adolph Hitler said and did.

In the past, if I remember correctly, you defended Val Valerian. If he played a part in your forming your way of thinking, perhaps you should consider what he said, even though he claims that people who aren't in their last incarnation as he is, don't have the ability to question what he says. It is really sad how new age sources lead to moral relativism to the extent they do.

Volu wrote on Apr 7th, 2009 at 3:42pm:
Alan,
"So according to this logic the immortal soul of Hitler looked down on the earth and said, you know what I will incarnate and become the worst mass murderer that planet has ever seen"

The incarnations who chose to follow the words/orders of hitler did most if not all of the killing as far as I know. A soldier might blame a leader, to whom the soldier probably is mere cannon fodder, but the responsibility for the action is that of the doer. The lips move, the forked tounge flicks, but one still has a choice. Nowadays some leaders dub warfare peace operations, and say they are spreading freedom and democracy (with bombs).

Bodies have died in numerous ways throughout the timeline, bodies will continue to so, it's the destiny of a body to die, and the sparks that gave the bodies life move on to different areas of the astral.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.