Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Read a word from OOB??? (Read 13542 times)
moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Re: Read a word from OOB???
Reply #30 - May 19th, 2009 at 7:06pm

I am not afraid to try the experiment. I'm not really clear on what is expected.

I have had more than one dream in which I picked up books and was not able to read them. Or thought I was reading them, but could not remember the words when I awoke.

But I don't know if that is because it is not possible. There is no reason to think so, really. The experiment may have other less obvious benefits, anyway.

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #31 - May 19th, 2009 at 7:28pm

Rather than try to go out of body and read something in the same room, I could volunteer to try to read something you put in your room in a designated place. Or 'a' room, you designate. I don't know how to 'spring out of my body' like some describe. But, I believe that a 'match' can be made in a different manner. I truly believe the information will be available, and it would be interesting to be able to capture it in the form of a word or words, rather than images. The images may be impossible to stop, to help in interpretation. But, if you state that the exact word or words must be found, that is a specific condition to meet.

Please define the parameters of this experiment within what I can actually perform and I will be happy to attempt the demonstration.

If I am wrong, so what? I will have made the attempt.

IP Logged

Snoopydoo

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Reply #32 - May 20th, 2009 at 10:32am

Hi Moonsandjunes,

I would be happy to put a word on a peper in a room somehwere but I cannot figure out how you could come into this room and read it when you don't know where the room is???

Thanks

Snoopydoo

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #33 - May 20th, 2009 at 11:17am

I should not need to know 'where' exactly the room is. What is important is to find the word. And to be able to remember it. Just let me know when you've done it.

IP Logged

Snoopydoo

Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Reply #34 - May 20th, 2009 at 12:12pm

OK, the word is on a sheet of paper on top of my desk and ready for you to see but I still can't figure out how you could find it without knowing anything about my whereabouts...

Give it a shot...

Snoopydoo

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #35 - May 20th, 2009 at 12:42pm

Ok, will report back tomorrow a.m. Need to meditate/sleep on it.

Words are appearing. Looking for the right one.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #36 - May 20th, 2009 at 8:18pm

Thomas that was an interesting post you made.
Not quite sure I followed all the logistics. Is there a way to do it without working with someone else? or is there something crucial about getting the emails from someone else? Or if you got the number right, why would the emails even have to be sent?

Is there something crucial about having someone else pick the pics? I would probably want to do something silly, like 12 lords a leaping... 5 gold rings, etc. or something rom the other song: 12 apostles, 10 commandments, one is one and all alone...I can see how larger numbers are a problem.

But the thing about not being able to see numbers was interesting in and of itself. Does that mean the mind doesn't conceptualize quantites in RV or that the representations of the quantities aren't the same as the ones written in C1. I kept thinking of how much I would have to practice to learn a new representation...Sanskrit, Arabic (except the nummerals), Chinese, Hebrew, Russian...the symbols don't look so different within the same language until you study them. Some how your mind must go back to that state when you are RV.

Snoopydoo you shuld be the one doing the experiment to prove it to yourself.

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #37 - May 21st, 2009 at 7:53am

Hello.

Snoopydoo, I was skipping down the trail of word association all night. The feelings presented were positive. I had the feeling of a 'yes' -- a positive feeling, as I have said.

But I have no confidence that I have succeeded in this experiment because all of the words which ended up on the front and back of an envelope seem to be my own exploration of the subject of 'one word' -- a subject which had plenty of content for me to go flying off into my own imagination.

So, what is the word?

I was waiting for the 'confirmation' feeling I get when I feel 'connected' and know I am in the right place. I haven't had that particular feeling (it's kind of like a settling feeling in my chest, toward the back of me), but I have had a big 'yes' feeling.

That's all for now.

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #38 - May 21st, 2009 at 8:00am

To be fair, here is the 'word association' which I began. It is obvious that the subject of 'one word' led me to a personal question. Perhaps it is one which requires some thought to understand.

In order, as written, okay, all correct here as written:

God
Emmanuel
Yes
Snoopydoo
y it is that is brought (these letters were highlighted 'by themselves' in a post I read last night)
Nam
Myoho
Renge
Kyo
meet
enter
hello
good
morning
hello

IP Logged

Snoopydoo

Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Reply #39 - May 21st, 2009 at 8:35am

The word I had written down was 'cucumber'.

Snoopydoo

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #40 - May 21st, 2009 at 8:45am

Hilarious. Smiley

I get it.

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #41 - May 23rd, 2009 at 6:58pm

Brief explanation, for anyone who is interested in the words derived from Sanskrit in the above list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimoku

quote:
Namu: The word nam derives from Sanskrit. A close translation of its meaning is "to devote oneself." Nichiren established the practice of chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo as a means to enable all people to put their lives in harmony or rhythm with the law of life, or Dharma. In the original Sanskrit, nam indicates the elements of action and attitude, and refers therefore to the correct action one needs to take and the attitude one needs to develop in order to attain Buddhahood in this lifetime.

Myoho: Myoho literally means the Mystic Law, and expresses the relationship between the life inherent in the universe and the many different ways this life expresses itself. Myo refers to the very essence of life, which is "invisible" and beyond intellectual understanding. This essence always expresses itself in a tangible form (ho) that can be apprehended by the senses. Phenomena (ho) are changeable, but pervading all such phenomena is a constant reality known as myo.

Renge: Renge means lotus flower. The lotus blooms and produces seeds at the same time, and thus represents the simultaneity of cause and effect. The circumstances and quality of our individual lives are determined by the causes and effects, both good and bad, that we accumulate (through our thoughts, words and actions) at each moment. This is called our "karma." The law of cause and effect explains that we each have personal responsibility for our own destiny. We create our destiny and we can change it. The most powerful cause we can make is to chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo; the effect of Buddhahood is simultaneously created in the depths of our life and will definitely manifest in time.

The lotus flower grows and blooms in a muddy pond, and yet remains pristine and free from any defilement, symbolizing the emergence of Buddhahood from within the life of an ordinary person.

Kyo: Kyo literally means sutra, the voice or teaching of a Buddha. In this sense, it also means sound, rhythm or vibration. Also, the Chinese character for kyo originally meant the warp in a piece of woven cloth, symbolizing the continuity of life throughout past, present and future. In a broad sense, kyo conveys the concept that all things in the universe are a manifestation of the Mystic Law.

p.s. thank you, Snoopydoo, for reminding me of what remains truly important to me

http://www.sgi.org/nichiren.html
a little history on Nichiren
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2009 at 8:14pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.