Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Read a word from OOB??? (Read 13534 times)
Snoopydoo

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Read a word from OOB???
Apr 3rd, 2009 at 12:42pm

A couple of years afo, I asked people to try the experiment of leaving their body and go read a word written on a piece of paper and lying on top of a cabinet in the same room (obviously, word written by someone else and unknown to the experimenter).

Nobody has come back to say they wer actually able to do it.

Why is that? Is it because people know for sure they would NOT be able to do so and thus would crush their beliefs/hopes...

I would REALLY love for someone to do this...

Thanks

IP Logged

seeking_answers

Re: Read a word from OOB???
Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 12:53pm

hmmm...sounds reasonable...nyone tried it yet? Undecided

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 12:55pm

Sam Parnia is doing work with this idea. He is doing his research with NDEs instead of OBE, but the approach is similar. Most OBEs from what I've learned don't take place in the physical plane so such an exercise would be futile, but there are military experiments on youtube and the like. It's a subjective experience no matter how you look at it. And suppose I told you that I had done your experiment, what then? How would you know whether I had done it and if I was successful? If you are honestly looking for proof it's out there. There are people who make their living proving or disproving things and their work is out there too. Good luck if you are looking for your proof. Parnia's research is far from conclusive, but I think he may be barking up the wrong tree anyway.

Yours,
Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 1:48pm

The problem with this experiment is that what we perceive while OOB is extremely influenced by our thoughts and beliefs.  So if you try to guess what the word is before you see it, chances are you will see that word.  Also, it is very difficult to read anything while in nonphysical realms.  It is very hard to focus on writing, and the letters and words seem to constantly change.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Still_Living

Canada
Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 3:24pm

Snoopydoo wrote on Apr 3rd, 2009 at 12:42pm:
I would REALLY love for someone to do this...

So... Can you?  Shocked

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 8:24pm

while sleeping one night,i say lottery numbers.there were 4 numbers in the 40s and 2 lower numbers.but i did not write them down.i did not rember what numbers in the 4os were,but i told the guys at work that there will be 4 numbers in the next lotto draw.sure enugh there were 4 numbers in the 40s.I could kick myself for not writing the numbers down.george.

IP Logged

Snoopydoo

Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Reply #6 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 10:09am

I figured people would be coming out with the "easy-out" excuse...

If people were "able" to do it, don't you think that someone whould have already came out with this test successfully and proved to the whole world that it can be done?

I'm sure if it "could" be done, there would definitely be someone who would have gone for the million dollar challenge offered by James Randi (who could resist a sure million, right?) and WON IT!

But nobody has which brings me to the conclusion that nobody can... until proven otherwise!

Why are people on this board so afraid to give this test a shot?

I think it's because deep down inside, they know it can't be done and don't want their hopes to be shattered...

So, obviously, I am not able to do any of this and I personnally don't believe any of you can either...

Sorry to be like this today but I'm tired of all these people telling there is an afterlife and that we can really get OOB but nobody is willing to prove it to the world or to prove it to themselves by doing this so EASY test...

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #7 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 11:01am

Snoop

There have been people who have done this.  In fact, much more conclusive verifications have been made via OBE than simply reading a word on a piece of paper.  Read Robert Monroe's Journeys Out of the Body. 

I do not try experiments like this for a couple reasons.  One, I could care less about proving my experiences to anyone.  I do not explore nonphysical dimensions for fame and fortune, I do it for personal growth and knowledge.  Most of the people I talk to about it tend to take my word for it, anyway. 

Two, when I am out of my body, the last thing I think of is doing a test.  The second I am out, the urge to explore higher levels takes over and I am off.  There are things to discover which are far more important than doing a test like this.  And like I said, even if I were to perform this test, the results will always be of a subjective nature, and therefore will usually be inconclusive.

But, I ask you... if you feel this experiment is such an important thing to do... then why don't you do it yourself?

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #8 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 12:01pm

Snoop-

Joe McMoneagle is probably the best known and accurate Remote Viewer the military program ever produced. The CIA program Project Stargate, was run by Skip Atwater, the man who is the former Research Director at The Monroe InStitute, and his star pupil Joe is married to "Scooter" Holmes McMoneagle, and she is Bob Monroe's step daughter who was the Director of Monore Institute for 20 years or so when Bob was alive. Joe does this live on TV, has studied and conformed, and has written many books about it.

Joe cannot read numbers or letters out of body. I cannot either, though I have tried. The letters and numbers change, seemingly more the harder one tries to focus on them....

However, you can see pictures, and from this there is a system one can use, which has been successful. I have won the Fantasy Five locally, and Paul Elder ("The Eyes of an Angel" author) won millions in the California lotto. Here is how it works/worked:

A pool of target pics is selected (this is MUCH more conplicated than just picking them out because of the limitations of remote viewing), one target photo for each number. The Remote Viewer RV's himself/herself opeing an e-mail in the future with the pics corresponding to the winning numbers which is sent by the viewer's partner (the one who maintains the target pool). Powerball or Megamillions requires two target pools, one for the special ball, and one for the other numbers. This is a HUGE target pool, and it is difficult to maintain and assemble (trust me, I know).

The viewer then makes sketches of the pics he/she has viewed remotely in this future e-mail and sends them to his/her partner. The partner selects the photos from the target pool which most closely correspond with the sketches, and purchases a ticket with those numbers on it. Then the drawing happens. The partner sends the pictures corresponding to the winners to the viewer, and it is this e-mail which is viwed remotely "in the past". Both the winning number target photos and those the viewer sends (if they are different) are replaced in the target pool. This can be as many as ten target photos in a five number lottery, more with Powerball and Mega-Millions.

However, Paul got six out of six and won millions for himself and his partner and group. I won several thousands. Maintaining and changing the target pool is very time consuming. You cannot have a dog and a bear and a cow in the same pool, because remotely they all are 4 legged animals and look the same "out there" to a viewer. Same with vehicles, people and such. It is a difficult task.

Many people would say the vibration of your "Get Rich" scheme prevents it's manifestation. I do not. But then, I do not think you actually wanted to win or actually know this question has an answer, but rather to be right, and to prove to yourself that this is a bunch of crap. Believe me, it is not. I have no need to prove it to your satisfaction, but you do. Well, then, do it. I have had more confirmation in this work than even a left brain like me needs, and I say it is your fear that is holding you back. You are afraid that all of this is so. FEAR NOT! But it is so...

Love and Light, and good luck with Mega-Millions!

Thomas

IP Logged

Remco

Reply #9 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 4:09pm

Hi Snoop,

I didn't do the numbers thing but how about my experience? Can you explain the following if obe's are not real and just a sort of dream? Here it is:
Ok here is my 100 % proof that it is not all in the head! (to me anyway)
I went to TMI in Spain for a week long gateway voyage where you do 5 or 6 times a day a session for 45 min to an hour with hemi-sync.

During one of the sessions the goal was to ask for an answer to a question you had.
Well my question was " is obe real or is it all in the head ?Please give me some proof"!(by the way i didn't tell anybody about this question)

During the session i went to focus 12 and asked the question and after a while the face of the instructor (Carol Sabick) appeared before my eyes, i was a little confused what this supposed to mean but after a while said "thanks" (for the answer) and the image went away.

After the session we went for lunch and Carol said " so how did it go?" I said: " well i don't know exactly".

O she said " but you where definitely out off body because i saw you standing in my room, you had a confused look on your face and then you said:  thanks!"
She was working on the control panels,in an other room, for the hemi-sync music while she saw me out of body!!!

So the next session there was an other topic, but i thought this is amazing i am going to do that again and say:"Hi i am here again"!
But i woke up after the session and could not remember anything, so i thought ok maybey next time.

At the end off the day Carol said that she forgot to tell me but during the session after lunch she had also joined us with hemi sync. And during the hour while in an altered state she said I "popped up" before her and said" Hi i am here again"!

If something is not clear about it please let me know.

If this happened to you how would you explain it away?

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #10 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 10:06pm

Snoop,

I think you are assuming that physical senses and nonphysical senses are much the same.  In my experience they are quite different.      Nonphysical senses operate over a wide range of experience and do better with connections to things that have feelings.  Words or numbers written on paper won't provide much stimulation of nonphysical senses.  It would be easier for example to sense the kind of personality the person whose photograph youj might use instead of paper with words or numbers.  Better yet at sensing the "personality vibes" of the person whose piece of jewlery you put in that spot.

And in my opinion you would have to account for the Interpreter Overlay from each person who attempts to give you the information.

Bruce

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #11 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 11:29pm

Snoop,

Snoopydoo wrote on Apr 6th, 2009 at 10:09am:
Sorry to be like this today but I'm tired of all these people telling there is an afterlife and that we can really get OOB but nobody is willing to prove it to the world or to prove it to themselves by doing this so EASY test...

Easy test?  Of whether or not the afterlife exists?  A piece of paper with a word or number on it?

How you come to the conclusion that no afterlife exists based on getting number off a piece of paper must be an interesting piece of logic based on interesting assumptions.

No one can prove it to you except you.  You need, in my opinion, to be the one to gather the evidence and weigh your own evidence, and prove it or not prove it to yourself.  Any other "proof" will never be trusted.

Here's a test for you . . .

You are in a room with twenty strangers.  Each person, including you, has written the name of a deceased person personally known, on a slip of paper, folded it twice and put it in a basket.

You draw a piece of paper at random from the basket  You have no way of knowing who the deceased person whose name you drew is, nor which of the other 19 people in the room wrote the deceased's name on the paper you drew.

Your task, in a mediation exercise is to visit with the deceased and get information that the person who wrote the deceased's name could verify.

Information like, favorite hobbies, physical lifetime scene that both the deceased and the person who wrote their name were in together, a favorite memory the deceased has of the writer from during their physical lifetime, etc.  Basically, specific information only the deceased and the person who wrote the name down would know.

Spend about 15 minutes in a meditation/conversation with the deceased to gather the info.  Then return from the exercise experience and make detailed notes.  Then share your notes with the person who wrote the name and see what can be verified as accurate.

Now, based on the accuracy of the information you, yourself, received from the deceased can you make some evaluation about whether or not the deceased persoon still exists?  If the only way you could have gotten the accurate information is via a conversation with a dead person, then that says something about the existence of the "dead" person after their physical death.

This is a routine occurance in every workshop.  The information only serves as evidence of communication with the deceased to the person who directly experienced gathering the evidence, and perhaps to the person who knew the deceased and verified it.

Bruce

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #12 - Apr 9th, 2009 at 6:20pm

I'm probably repeating some of what was said, but first of all, when you see something such as letters physically, photons of light reflect off of the letters seen and strike the retina of your eyes. When you're non-physical you don't have a pair of eyes so this visual process can't take place.

Physical reality makes use of building blocks known as atoms, and the subatomic particles of which they are composed. Since our organs of perception and nervous systems are made of the same building blocks, we are able to interface with other physical items quite well.  When we try to interface with physical objects non-physically, we don't have the same means of doing so.

Atom based building blocks aren't required in order for an experience to seem real. I've had non-physical experiences that seemed just as real and as clear as physical experiences. In fact, I've had non-physical experiences that seemed even more real and clear than physical experience.

I've been able to verify things I've seen non-physically, but never words.

I have received spirit messages that came in written form and was able to verify what I read later on. Of course, this isn't what snoopydo is asking about.

Perhaps it is just as unrealistic for a skeptic to expect people to prove non-physical reality by how they interact with physical reality, as it would be to expect a person to prove that electricity exists by using a means of testing that doesn't include electricity.   

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #13 - Apr 9th, 2009 at 6:27pm

Snoopydoo, I am wondering why you would have thought that the people you had asked to look for these numbers you speak about were able to go OOB at will, and to be able to observe them? Were they saying that they could go OOB? Or were you all just sort of sitting around fooling about? Of course the world was flat, until someone figured out that perhaps it just wasn't that way. Or how about air or germs. What, because they were never seen they didn't exist?
I wouldn't worry about the people here, or shattering their hopes, or crushing their beliefs. There are some who think along the same lines as you. Personally I think it better to keep your mind open instead of closed to the possibility, of possibilities. And those poor souls who so desperately feel the need to have their proof, well, they will have it soon enough. Just keep being curious. Your on the right track just perhaps on the wrong trail. At least your looking for the possibility's.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #14 - Apr 9th, 2009 at 6:30pm

Isn't it unfair to win something such as a lotto by using something such as remote viewing? Why should everybody else invest their money if somebody else is going to use their psychic ability to cheat? When a person does so, they take money away from other people. Perhaps nothing you see is real, except for when it comes to lotto numbers.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.