Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Absolute silence (Read 2835 times)
spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Absolute silence
Mar 29th, 2009 at 8:30pm

Hi,
today I had an experience I've never had before. I layed me down for a nap, as usual with earplugs, as I have a very light sleep and get easily disturbed by noise. I sometimes fell into a dream state, and sometimes I explored/meditated. Suddenly, perhaps for half a second, it became absolutely quiet. No blood run noise, no tinnitus, zero, nothing. This was a very different experience. It was accompanied by a feeling of loosing ground, falling into an unknown blackness, perhaps simply because something which normally is always there suddenly went away.

I found this very interesting and intriguing. Had anyone a similar experience, maybe through meditation? Would be a fascinating outlook if this could be achieved by training.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Re: Absolute silence
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 7:56am

I've had similar while meditating Spooky, although it came on gradually. Started with a silky blackness with all awareness of external inputs gone - including thoughts which seemed super slow, of very low intensity, and to be only just making it into awareness from far away. NO communication, just an intense feeling of being loved. The blackness fairly quickly became pervaded by white light emanating from one area.

It left me in tears of joy, a feeling which only gradually receded over a week during which I found myself highly energised - seeing auras, with some other psychic abilities and being so emotionally open it was almost painful.

I've not got so deep since, although the darkness replaced by light has become a regular experience, but not with the same almost total loss of awareness of the external/physical. Not sure why, but this sort of experience is more typical for me than is overt communication from beings of one sort or another - I don't do that well on the overt voices/visuals/'cinerama'.

Not sure what happened, and it's hard to convey how profound and meaningful it felt. My sense is that something was shown, and also that it caused an emotional opening. It seemed beyond the relative.

From the physical/relative I tend to interpret it as 'proof' that awareness/existence is beyond the physical, and that love is the  core of all....

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 5:00pm

Greetings,

I agree with Vajra, especially when he says:
"Not sure what happened, and it's hard to convey how profound and meaningful it felt. My sense is that something was shown, and also that it caused an emotional opening."

It also happened to me and seemed to begin an increase of new afterlife experiences. I thought it might have been a test, but I didn't know what was done to pass this test.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 6:04pm

Thanks, Vajra and Bets, I'd like to reach this state on a more regular basis  Smiley ! It came so sudden lasted so briefly and left me just wondering "Wow! What was that?!" and I don't think I was in a very clean/clear meditative state, so it was as if I tapped by chance into something.

Spooky

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 9:43pm

I've had it happen, sort of on it's own.  Never thought about it much, just sort of figured it was that moment when I "unplug" from the physical ears and haven't gotten to where anything in the other...what, dimension?...is registering.

Sort of like that moment when you go from the cell phone to the earpiece and you lose the sound for a second.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 7:10pm

Yes, that's how it was, I "unplugged" from the physical ears  Smiley . If I only knew how I did that  Smiley .

Spooky

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 8:57pm

One view suggests that it requires calming or stilling the thinking and perceiving elements of the mind to the point where you became able to discern the very low volume or subtle signal from the higher aspects of mind.

At the practical level lots of meditation seems to be the road, but it's long road to achieve the stability of mind required for some of the more subtle mind states.

Few seem able to manage it consistently. Hemi Sync seems to help. It's presumably the mind (actually awareness as the thinking mind falls away as you get deeper) awake, body asleep

Daniel Goleman's now quite old book 'The Meditative Mind' sets out  Eastern terminology, and descriptions of the experience of the successive states. i.e. explanations of the successive levels/depths of meditation http://www.amazon.com/Meditative-Mind-Daniel-Goleman/dp/0874778336...

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 1:21pm

Hi spooky I get this same sort of feeling when i am being given healing at the spiritualist church,i wonder have you been feeling not great lately or stressed out as spirit do give healing for you to have upliftment ,when you closed your eyes did you see or sense the colour blue as that is the colour for healing.

Love and God bless   love juditha

IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Reply #8 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 1:28pm

Spooky,

This happen when the consciousness is totally phased out from physical inputs...  And probably also from ego/beliefs/attachments...

Some label used:  Big Void, Illuminating Void, point of consciousness...

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #9 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 1:35pm

Vajra:

Do you still see auras?
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2009 at 7:59pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #10 - Apr 5th, 2009 at 9:52pm

Vajra: Thanks. I'm one who actually has problems to quiet the mind. I sometimes use a step-by-step approach: I try to stop thinking in words, while everything else, like images, sounds etc. are allowed. That's a not too bad method for me. Yeah I'd love to become better at this and HemiSync worked well for me to get me away from thoughts about the physical, but mostly not to quiet my mind but instead to think/perceive in the way the focus level suggests.

Juditha: It's an interesting aspect, silence and healing. As far as I remember, I had been tired, as often. Could be there was a healing. I didn't see blue light, but it was so brief I'm not sure what I really saw.

Phantasy Man: Yes, it felt that way, while my mind/thinking seemed to be fully there. My ego (or whatever to call) was quite quick to pull me back from that void, though! It's quite scary when one's not familiar with that.

Spooky

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.