Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
cannabis (Read 6882 times)
seeking_answers

Re: cannabis
Reply #15 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 9:56am

well honestly...i dont have any attachments to anything except my family...since the past few weeks...i have detached myself from all my possesions...i dont know why...now wud i have to incarnate? Embarrassed

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #16 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 8:00pm

When you have cleared yourself of attachments, you're free to do what you like.

The funny thing is, it isn't that easy to decide what you like when you're not attached to anything  Smiley .

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #17 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 8:19pm

Some sources say that spirits that used to be drug addicts and alcoholics while human, end up becoming earthbound and they attach themselves to people who are drug addicts and alcholics. This happens, even though they don't have a physical body to cause a biology based addiction. Perhaps this shows that addiction is more psychological than some people admit. Therefore, cannabis users might not be immune.

Cannabis won't deliver a state of mind that is comparable to what can be obtained by spiritual growth. If anything, it might stall spiritual growth and keep a person overly focused on lower chakra energy.

You don't have to be a loving person or spirit, to be into cannabis.
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2009 at 6:39pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #18 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 10:04pm

One thing about Smokin Weed....

It is not addictive in the same sense of a Narcotic.
SO I would not believe it carries the same weight as someone that is addicted to Heroin for example.
Of course you can develop a 'habit' but so what?
You can develop a habit over ANYthing.
That doesn't mean it is bad.  That just means you developed a habit.  That's all.

I know this because I use to smoke the 'leaf' for many years then simply stopped.
It got boring.
Now only if I could simply stop smoking tobacco as easily...hehe!  Grin

Marijuana should simply be made legal and taxed no different then cigarettes.

It is not a DRUG!  It is a Herbal Plant.  Many people use herbal plants for all sorts of remedies.
Marijuana should be thought of no differently then any other herbal remedy.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #19 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 10:13pm

Recoverer

Quote:
Cannabis won't deliver a state of mind that is comparable to what can be obtained by spiritual growth.  If anything, it might stall spiritual growth and keep a person overly focused on lower chakra energy.

Marijuana is basically a tool that can be used to access altered states of consciousness.  Of course, these states can be obtained through meditation and increasing one's awareness of the higher aspects of their consciousness during the normal waking state as well.  

I believe there is a reason why this plant has this illuminating effect on the humans- it was meant for us to use.  

The problem is when it becomes over used.  While I do not use it any more, I did smoke every now and then over the past year, and I can say from experience that if it is used with the intention of spiritual growth and exploring new states of consciousness, this will be the outcome, and it will be a positive and enlightening experience every time.

The use of marijuana has allowed me to raise my consciousness to such a high level it seemed as if I were my higher self, and I would rise to a level of knowing, where insights about whatever was on my mind, ususally philosophical issues and concepts, would be revealed to me by my higher self.  This is when I would be functioning in normal waking life.  I would also be able to tune into other levels of reality, functioning in two realities simultaneously.  Symbolic visions were also commonplace.

When I would meditate on cannibis, it would be uncomparable to any normal medtitation I have ever had.  Almost instantly upon laying down, I would be blasted into other dimensions, and have experiences within minutes, if not seconds, far more intense then anything I could experience in an hour of meditation without the plant.  

And of course, it has a whole list of both physical and mental health benefits.  The key is to use it with the right intention, which should be spiritual enhancement and growth, and not to misuse it, but use it in moderation.  
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2009 at 12:37am by I Am Dude »  

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #20 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 9:30am

What OOBD said.  I think part of it is that it just clears a bunch of stuff out of the way. For instance, I shoe horses for a living...sometimes it's a little hard to brush away the aches and pains and get down to shifting conciousness when everytime you breath something hurts...a little weed soothes that, and lets me concentrate.

And when I say "a little" I mean a very little...not to get even really buzzed, but just enough for that shift.

That said, I might not do it for months or a year or two even, when there isn't any around I don't bother to go looking. (I'm too cheap, mostly...)  But it can be a useful tool, plus just fun sometimes, and fun is cool, too.

That said, anyone who has issues with forming bad habits shouldn't worry about *not* being able to use it, it's a helpful tool, but far from a necessity.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #21 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 12:39pm

Let's see, people can get addicted to alchohol, drugs, sex, food, sports, gambling, "but not weed."

Addictions are never a good thing, but with weed it's okay.

Spirits get stuck earthbound because of their addictions, but not because of weed.

Do the above assertions sound true?

Some people are so into repeating the mantra that weed isn't addictive, I wonder if they will consider the matter seriously.

A little expermentation and habitual usage aren't the same thing. For example, is dropping acid a few times the same thing as taking it on a regular basis year after year?

Just because something isn't a drug such as heroin, this doesn't mean that it can't be addictive.

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 1:25pm

http://www.fisheaters.com/proust.html

Excerpt from "Remembrance of Things Past" (Marcel Proust)

"It is plain that the object of my quest, the truth, lies not in the cup but in myself. The tea has called up in me, but does not itself understand, and can only repeat indefinitely with a gradual loss of strength, the same testimony; which I, too, cannot interpret, though I hope at least to be able to call upon the tea for it again and to find it there presently, intact and at my disposal, for my final enlightenment. I put down my cup and examine my own mind."

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #23 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 6:47pm

"Addictions are never a good thing, but with weed it's okay."

Don't be disingenuous.  Nobody said addiction of any sort was okay, including "addiction" used in the inaccurate common usage that means a persistent bad habit.

People can "addict" (or more accurately, habituate)  themselves to anything - food, excercise, TV, sex...only certain things are addictive in the true meaning of the word - a substance that creates an actual physical need for more of the same.  Heroin, alcohol in large and long term quantities, Oxycontin - those are addictive. Removed suddenly after long term use, definite physical symptoms will occur.  Almost anyone will develop a physical addiction if they take them (or are given them) long enough.  Some will also develop a psychological dependence.

Some people certainly do develop a dependence on weed - but it's on it's effects, not a true physical addiction.  Sort of like an addiction to sex, which I don't propose banning any time soon.  If someone wants to get snitty about an addictive substance, cigarettes are way up the ladder above weed, and a lot more harmful.  Now, I'm willing to smack the snot out of anyone who smokes weed and drives...or drinks and drives, or takes Oxycontin and drives.  But none of those activities is in itself a bad thing, and only one is truly, technically, addictive as that term is properly used.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #24 - Apr 1st, 2009 at 12:54pm

Cricket:

You say I'm disingenuous. The definition of disingenuous is: "not candid or frank.: If I wasn't frank with my post, or shall I say blunt, then I don't know what frank is.

At least ways I tried to say something helpful. I don't believe that reinforcing addictions is productive. If you're concerned about a person who is so into weed that he doesn't want to give it up even after he joins the afterlife, perhaps you should say something.

In the afterlife we don't have respiratory systems to inhale weed, nor do we have neurotransmitters that can process the chemical weed contains. On the other hand lots and love and light is available.

If the spirits of former drug addicts and alchoholics seek people they can attach to, even though these spirits don't have bodies that create a chemical dependency, then this shows that psychological dependency is enough. Who would the spirit of a former weed addict attach to?

« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2009 at 7:27pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

seeking_answers

Reply #25 - Apr 1st, 2009 at 12:58pm

if a person is "addicted"...well if that be the word, to the love of his parents...n his family...what wud happen to him? Embarrassed

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #26 - Apr 1st, 2009 at 1:05pm

Loving somebody deeply isn't the same thing as being addicted to a subtance. However, we don't need to be dependent upon anybody else for love. Love seems like a difficult thing in this World because people aren't always willing to share it. When you move on to a spirit realm where spirits share love without reservation, there is no need for insecurity.

seeking_answers wrote on Apr 1st, 2009 at 12:58pm:
if a person is "addicted"...well if that be the word, to the love of his parents...n his family...what wud happen to him? Embarrassed

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 1:25pm

Hi Jamie When you pass to spirit and are in the spiritworld you will still have these feelings for cannibus and you will experience it there, but in time you will come to realise that you do not need this earthly pleasure anymore.

Love and God bless   love juditha

IP Logged

goldyflocks

england
Reply #28 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 1:24pm

I can remember reading on The Leslie Flint Forum that a Spirit communicator was asked if he still enjoyed a Beer..He said that he could have One if he wanted one but found there was no need and that it didn't take his fancy anymore!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.