Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Very simple question (Read 2149 times)
seeking_answers

A Very simple question
Mar 24th, 2009 at 1:39am

How should we live our lives on this world? Praying...or doing our normal thing? Smiley

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Re: A Very simple question
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 8:49am

My practice is to meditate frequently. To see clearly is the promise.

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 11:52am

Hi Jai Just being thoughtful, caring ,loving and kind to others in this world would be a great way to live and also prayers to God to surround this world with his beautiful love and light.

This is the way i try very hard to live and it feels great.

Love and God bless   love juditha

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 11:04pm

Living our lives with love and compassion is a waking prayer. A Course in Miracles says that every encounter is a Holy Encounter, and that every instant is a Holy Instant.

I would say, then, to live your life as if it was a prayer. Because it is.

Thomas

IP Logged

Neil Gordon

Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 12:05am

Personally I would like to spend the rest of my life learning how to OBE, and somehow finding out the "truth" about this reality.

I think the rest of the "civilized" world should stop watching so much television and take a look around them at what is going on in the world. (Look for poverty statistics on the net, and world population.)

For myself, instead of doing what I would like to do (=OBE,etc), I spend my life working and supporting my family, with little energy left for anything else.

IP Logged

hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 1:11pm

live your life just as you have. You need not look any farther than yourself to find the creator, or forgiveness, if you feel you need to be forgiven.

IP Logged

identcat

Afterlife Knowledge Member

New Hampshire
Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 1:59pm

A very famous saying: do to others as you would have done unto you.
This is what I live be: The three things you can neve take back:
1:  the spoken word

2: The unkind thought

3: The misused minute.

When I get angry, I remember to think about what I want to say before I say it. I have hurt many people in the  past with my quick tongue.

When I see someone and start to pass judgement in my head, I remember not to use the unkind thought. That thougt will come back to haunt you for the rest of your life.

As far as my time goes--- I have always kept myself busy with crocheting (for 40 years now) and crafts , then give them away!
I have received many pleasant surprises back because I give from my heart. When I crochet, I think about the person that I want to give the gift to. I become more excited as I finish. And when I bring the gift to the person I decided to give to, I smile and tell them to enjoy the gift. Occassionally, I don't even get a thank you (which recently happened. I crocheted a baby afghan, and the lady looked at it, put it back in the bag and then I had to ask her if she liked it okay).

But, that's her personality and I just accepted it. Perhaps when she has the baby she will be excited that her new baby has a new blanket.

Try to find the positiveness in life. It isn't always easy to do, but I've lived for almost 60 years, and found it's not worth agonizing over every little thing. I have to answer to my Maker ----alone.

Peace and much love---cat

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

seeking_answers

Reply #7 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 2:04pm

i am so moved by ur reply cat, i have done the 3rd point a lot, and yes the 2nd one has also come back n bit me all over.

So when i see someone and find people making remarks...i jus say a small prayer for tht person's well being Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.