Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
gateway voyage program at the monroe institute (Read 12637 times)
bird

gateway voyage program at the monroe institute
Feb 28th, 2009 at 1:22pm

Hi everyone -

I'm considering enrolling in the gateway voyage program at the monroe institute. has anyone done this program before? it's very expensive, and i'm interested in hearing other people's impressions of the experience.

Thanks!
Robin

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: gateway voyage program at the monroe institute
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 6:01pm

Hi Robin,

Your question is very valid. so I think the reason you haven't got an answer yet is that it comes up so often.

If you'll write Gateway into the empty window near the upper right, then press the tiny magnifying glass under it, you'll get a search for recent comments about gateway.

A quick summary would be that they usually work, but you may still need the Moen approach to get past emotional blocks like fears or worries.  Regardless of what techniques you use, ultimately it's your attitudes and intentions that will make it work !

Have a great experience!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

bird

Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 6:31pm

Hi Bets -

You know, I did do that first before posting, and I only got about 5-6 hits, nothing as relevant as I had hoped for! I typed in gateway in the search.

If you have a second, could you try it too and let me know if you get the same results?

I was able to find some things in my web research that were very good, so I'm starting to get a good feel for the program. My main obstacle is money, but it is something that can be saved for!

Thanks Smiley
Robin

IP Logged

Aras

Seattle
Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 6:46pm

Hi
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=...

If you click on  the above (and below)  link you'll get 13,600 links
with the subject being: robert monroe institute gateway program
here is one forum from the above link:
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message534501/pg1

Hope this helps!
My brother did the program about 30 years ago and he liked it very much.
Aras

IP Logged

bird

Reply #4 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 7:20pm

Aras wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 at 6:46pm:
Hi
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=...

If you click on  the above (and below)  link you'll get 13,600 links
with the subject being: robert monroe institute gateway program
here is one forum from the above link:
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message534501/pg1

Hope this helps!
My brother did the program about 30 years ago and he liked it very much.
Aras

yes aras - thank you. that's what i did before and found lots of awesome resources. i was referring to the search feature on this site.

Smiley

IP Logged

carl

Reply #5 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 4:02am

test

IP Logged

carl

Reply #6 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 4:03am

Bird!...Forget TMI! Just go to their membership section, and see what you get for $4,999 to $9,999 PER YEAR!!!!....Next to nothing!! It's 'Caveat Emtor'(Buyer Beware) with these people! And they are a non-profit orginization!!!???

The 'New Age Movement' is a Billion Dollar money making industry and sub-culture.

Sincerely. Carl and Family.

IP Logged

bird

Reply #7 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 9:53am

well that's an interesting take on it. i must admit that it seems extremely expensive. if my husband and i wanted to go, it would cost us nearly $4000. i think the experience is very special, and perhaps even life changing, so people would argue "how do you put a price on that."

but still - almost $2000 for a week. it's a lot of cash.

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #8 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 3:08pm

Well, Bird-- I first stated with TMI 10 years ago and I ordered the Gateway series CD's.  About every 6 weeks TMI would send me a postcard stating that I sould be ready for the next set of CD's.  I was always on schedule. The CD's were close to $100 a set (if I recall correctly) and I saved each month for the next set. Then, I received a letter in the mail about a weekend in Connecticut with Laurie Monroe for about $450.  My husband and I put the money togegher, and off I went. We had a terrible blizzard and only one couple coming in from NY couldn't make it. I had a wonderful weekend and desired to go to Virginia some day.  When we got a good tax return, I put it aside and have been twice to Virginia. Once for Gateway and another for Guidelines. 
I wasn't crazy about the food selection the first time, as it was more western/mexican and I can't tolerate any spicy foods. But, each meal offered a salad bar, so I was all set when I didn't want any spicy meats. Gateway seemed to have "clamer" foods.

Each person gets or doesn't get something specical to take home with them as far as experience goes. When I was at Gateway, one professional photographer was very disappointed in the method used and would have left after the second day. He stayed the week, but never "got" anyting from the course.

I loved it, and loved the people that attend. We are all searching for the same hit: to understand spirit better. I didn't have any major revelations or euphorphic experiences, just enhanced meditations, good converations, wonderful comparison on pictures we took and a little more knowledge about how spirit/ or the overself works and expands. The staff is always warm, professional and loving.

If your want to know more, just let me know and I'll write more. Hugs --- Carol Ann

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #9 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 4:53pm

Hi Bird...if you need help making up your mind to go to Gateway, I would suggest reading The Journey of Robert Monroe, by Ronald Russell.

In that book is an accounting of how TMI got started, of the first groups attending and what they got out of the program, and how Gateway was the first program started and met with success, insofar as the majority of attendees.
It gives you an overview of what you're thinking about getting into, which would help you very much should you decide to go.

I never went personally; I'm aligned here due to out of body experiences similar to Monroe.

I can offer one sharing regarding Bruce attended TMI years ago. In one of his first or 2nd programs he attended, he explains about a person's expectations get in the way of what they will experience in such a program. Bruce said he came with the highest expectations because of his previous experience with the group.

Just before he was going in for one of the explorations to take place, Monroe himself took Bruce aside; and said something to the effect to squash his expectations (because Bob knew, the expectations get in the way!)  Bruce explains something to the effect, he was crestfallen.

yet this was just what was needed. as he went in with an open mind, and no expectations and in that state of consciousness is where the doors open to get beyond our rigid beliefs about what "should" happen in an exploration.

so I hope that helps you a bit. Do please read this biography of Bob. It's truly fascinating stuff; not a moment of boredom in this man's life.

love....

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #10 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 7:42pm

Hi Bird,
I did TMI's Gateway Voyage in Europe and one year later Lifeline at TMI. I had read Monroe's and Moen's books and had a weekend HemiSync course before. To me, especially the GV was just the right thing happen to me at the right time. It was VERY good and changed my life. I've heard other voices, that it was nice but nothing special, well, I guess it depends on who you are and where you are on your life travel.

You might consider to get you the HemiSync tapes before. Some are happy with that and don't feel like they need to go to TMI. Others listened to the tapes at home, then went to TMI and said it made a huge difference, I've heard others saying it didn't make a difference. I hadn't the tapes at home before I went to GV so I can't tell about that. What I think could be indeed a major factor is, you are a week away from the usual daily routine. You don't need to cook, to work, to go shopping etc..., and you're encouraged to talk about your experiences after listening to the HemiSync sessions in a group of like-minded. I think this really makes a difference. At least, it's a good vacation without all the usual superficial things one usually does at a vacation...  Wink

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #11 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 9:00pm

Bird;
If you can muster the monie to go ....just do it;
it will be a life changing experience. Great place/trainer/food etc.
This is a 6 days retreat with room and board/qualified trainers and help if you need/request it.
Went 3 times and love to go back.
Pul
R.

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #12 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 12:56pm

Thinking back on Gateway--- on one occassion we gathered in the White Room and our instuctors had us "feel" for another persons range of vibraition.  We would streatch our hand forward and try to feel where the vibration ended outside the body. It was like searching for a force field. Well, as the instructors were explaining this, and one walked toward the other, I saw a huge "bubble" around the 2nd instructor and I said softly "there". With that the 1st instructor placed her hand onto the bubble that I could see and it shimmered a silver wave, as if throwing a stone into a pool. It was very pleasing to me.
cat

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 3:22pm

Hi Bird,

I attended the Gateway Voyage at TMI in Faber.  I can not recommend or recommend not going to you really, because that is something you really need to figure out for yourself.  

For me, it was the right place at the right time, and i did very much enjoy my time there.   Our group tuned into a lot of love and we merged very well.  I had some interesting nonphysical experiences there, but not that unusual for me.  

By the time it was nearing the end of my stay there, i felt like my body was starting to transform/convert into pure Light.   There was a mix of factors for why this was the case.   I went to TMI with no expectations or preconceptions--i went there to have fun and to see what would happen, and wasn't too concerned about the outcome.  This relaxed and receptive attitude helped a lot.   I ate very "lite" while there--not a lot of food, mostly vegan, little carbs or hard to digest foods, and a lot of raw foods.   The consistent and deep meditating for a period of almost a full week.   I think there was at least a few meditations or so a day.  
And when i wasn't meditating, i was spending a lot of time out in beautiful nature communing with her (especially at and in the lake).   As mentioned, our group merged very well and many of us really allowed ourselves to open up to PUL and sharing while there.

TMI is a place which has built up a lot of nonphysical activity and mostly fast vibrations around it, plus it may be near or on some heavy duty crystalline geological areas.  The combo of all that nature surrounding it, the mostly positive and spiritual collective human vibrations built up around it, the cystralline structures all make for a unusually fast vibrating and powerful area of nonphysical facilitation.

So with the combo of all the above, and that i allowed myself to open up a lot to love on many levels, i really felt "lighter" than i have in my whole life up to that point.  If i had kept up that process, choosing, and discipline since i left then i would not be surprised if my body physical wouldn't start to phase into and be transformed by my 5th "body"/7th Center energies i.e. pure Light.  

At the same time, for me, even if i had the money, i probably would not go to another TMI program.   Mostly because i have figured out that all i need is really inside.   I've figured out that if i keep a good attitude based around love and positivity, meditate more consistently, take part in holistic service to others, and treat my temple well and with respect then everything which is helpful for me can and will open up to me.
Anyways, i do overall like TMI and what its about--their technology and format is pretty helpful and facilitating in nature.  I like how its mostly about giving people tools to have their own experiences, and there isn't much dogma pushing, or "Guruness" there though i think too many place Monroe on a too high pedestal.    But Monroe for his lacks , was pretty consistently good about and careful to not get sucked into the ego game of playing Guru to others, which i really respect.  He was kind of an anti-guru Guru, or in other words a true Guru most of the time (though definitely not completely enLightened-at least a few lifetimes off in a probability sense from a linear perspective).  

Things i don't like about TMI:   Imo, it should be more affordable and accessible to the average person.  If they were serious about their claim of helping to transform the worlds consciousness, they would make it more affordable and accessible--at the very least their basic program of Gateway Voyage should fall under this.  

900 would be more than enough to cover all the costs, and still make some kind of profit, i would think.   Better yet, why not have a limited sliding scale based on the income and means of the individuals?   They could charge the full amount (or slightly more than they do now) for the people who can easily afford it, and then down to like 700 for those who can't.  

TMI like many groups of its nature has become infiltrated by those connected to U.S. gov. (and with an agenda on that part), which in turn is connected to and very influenced by the "cabal" for lack of a better term--how about a group of individuals of immense greed, lust for power and control, and with connections to the world banking system which unfortunately is largely beyond domestic and international law, and in many cases influences the creation or destruction of law in both categories.

With that said, there are still mostly truly spiritual, loving, sincere, and helpful people connected to and working for TMI.   Hence it is still is a pretty fast vibratory place.    But if one is unusually fast vibrating, one will get noticed by unhelpful, material oriented forces there.   They will then try to keep track of such a one, especially if such a one is aware of the changes going on and wants to help them along.  Not everyone with considerable energy sensitivity is of a pure heart, of more spiritual intentions, and very love attuned (many are though).  

IP Logged

Remco

Reply #14 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 3:05pm

Hi Bird,

I highly recommened going to TMI , see my other post about my experiences at TMI.
It was the best 1500 euro i spend in a long time!
It is also very nice to talk with like minded people about these topics.

Remco

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.