Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to OBE using a biofeedback meter? (Read 1915 times)
Neil Gordon

How to OBE using a biofeedback meter?
Feb 17th, 2009 at 7:25am

Hi,

I'm still trying to astral travel.

One of the tools I have available is a biofeedback meter (Clarity). I've had some successes in inducing relaxation and a feeling of no-body, but it took a lot of time and patience.

Anyone had any experience with this?

Neil

« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2009 at 10:26am by Neil Gordon »  

IP Logged

identcat

Afterlife Knowledge Member

New Hampshire
Re: How to OBE using a biofeedback meter?
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 10:29pm

Yes:  member KP1969 wrote this under POSSIBLE OBE? MAYBE??

Possible OOBE?? maybe???
Jan 20th, 2009, 2:50pm    There is a useful little and free application you can get for your iphone called Binaural Beats. I was listening to the Deep Meditation preset last night and laying with my head face down on the pillow.

Whilst I was enjoying the bliss as I managed to shut out the noise of the radio, I felt as if I was sliding slowly towards the headboard, then gradually upwards. it was then I started feeling really intense vibrations, and I mean really intense!!!!. it was like my whole body was pivoting in the middle and shaking as fast as a humming bird beats its wings. well. maybe not quite that fast but I cant think of anything else to compare it with.

I also heard a loud fluttering in my ears, at this point I started to panic thinking "What if I cant get back into my body?"

With my eyes clenched tightly shut I began trying to will myself back into my body, I could feel that I was out of allignment with myself.

When I felt back to normal I quickly grabbed my earphones from my head and threw them on the floor, turned over and went to sleep.

Problem is now that after thinking about this for a day I am wondering if what happened was real or just my imagination or a dream.

If it was real, how do you control the fear factor??

Does my description of events sound familiar, is their a norm for this experience?

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #2 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 10:30pm

I was really very interested in how bio feedback may inhance OBE travel.  Tell us more and what it entales. ---cat

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Neil Gordon

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2009 at 10:42am

Hi Cat,

I'd like to give my reply some due diligence, but am very busy at work right now, so as soon as I get my ducks in a row I will post what I know, and my experiences.

Very briefly, I believe that the meter gives a window on your spiritual state.  This could obviously be very useful in pointing you where to look, prod poke or whatever .Shows you what reacts. Also roughly tells you where you are at the moment. Sorta like a crutch but I still need crutches Smiley

Will give some more info as soon as I can.

Neil

IP Logged

Neil Gordon

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 1:50am

I think biofeedback has a lot of potential to help induce out of body states.

Like anything it requires a lot of work and dedication.

When I was experiencing success with this method (I was keeping a journal), I could get to a state when I could not feel my body at all. I think I was quite close to OBE. Also I got quite relaxed about not feeling my body - not freaked out.

The meter I'm using is like an old voltmeter with a needle. It measures resistance in your body in a range from about 1.0 to 6.4 where 6.4 would be a dead body (no spirit).

When I was not feeling my body , I got the meter range as low as 1.7. This is VERY low. It gave me a panicky feeling at first because I thought something was going to happen which was bad. Slowly I started getting used to it.

The biofeedback device gives you invaluable information, it steers you. You can tell immediately if you are going to have success or if you are wasting your time (some factors include how much you've eaten, how tired you are.) You find yourself using it as a compass, automatically, and the needle reactions seem to resonate with something subconciously.

I was using the meter in a highly experimental, and non-orthodox way. I started out with Hubbard's process of Black & White, where you are supposed to turn everything around you White. Black is seen as other-determinism, and white as self-determinism. For a long time I didn't know where to look for the white, in my minds eye. Eventually I started looking at my surroundings. I noticed that a black object cast a white halo around it, and that if I closed my eyes slightly, the white halo would not be constant. It would grow and shrink, etc.

I was always trying to turn the white into black. There was a whole lot of theory behind it. I don't think I succeeded much in that avenue, but I found that by staring at an object, I would start going into a trance, and start feeling very, very relaxed.

I also started noticing things like the aura around my foot - imagination? In my journal, I have a record of seeing it move, and I also have a record of some energy flows, getting the aura around my foot to move.

I always used the meter as a steering device, I was looking at it, and I reacted together with the meter reaction, automatically.

One of the most interesting experiences that I had was that the whole room moved around me, during one of these exercises. I mean the whole room politely up and went and shifted position. Sure it was in the same place, but my perception had it moving. I don't know what happened then, it only happened once.

I also started noticing that in every day patterns (for example, the dustbin with the white packet inside it), would resolve into strange shapes and features, some of them humanoid.

I also tried noticing the space between me and an object. Noticing specific points in the space. For example, noticing one specific stitch on my jeans.

I wonder who has done research in this area. I definitely started experiencing some strange phenomenon, for example, as soon as I got onto the meter, I would experience a drop from 3.5 to 2.2 (for example), and I would re-experience the extreme relaxation or detachment (weird feeling), almost immediately. So just connecting myself to the meter was enough to re-trigger the feeling.

One other point is that on a good day, I would transition from open eyes to closed eyes, and I would start experiencing hypnogenic images, it felt like my mind had loosened up.

Recently due to circumstances my practice has fallen off, and I do have an interest in trying Bruce Moen's techniques.

If anyone is interested I can post my journal entries, in connection with the bio-feedback.

Sorry to take so long to reply, we've been chaotic at work!

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 9:45am

Greetings  Neil Gordon,

thank you! Your experience with consciousness with the meter sounds exactly like what happened to me  the only time I meditated with a master  (I avoid saying 'guru.'  Smiley  )  Auras in B& W and silver,
glimpses of people, strange sense of body. His tradition was Theravaydian Buddhism, and he told me much about my life after our session.

So yes,  I'd like to hear more and hope others will relate to this and share too!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.