Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My priests doubt Jesus is the son of God (Read 3782 times)
juditha
Ex Member

My priests doubt Jesus is the son of God
Feb 12th, 2009 at 3:52pm

Hi I had an argument with one of my priests today because he said that part of him beleived that the Blessed Mary was raped by a Roman soldier and Joseph adopted Jesus as his own son and i said to him I beleive that Jesus is the son of God and he healed,he preached the word of God,and he said he was the son of God and he only could have gotten this from God and that priest said its up to me what i beleive

Christmas time i was in that church and the other priest was going on about that Mary could have just been raped by a Roman Soldier,me and Deanna are so upset about this that we are not going to that church anymore,we are going back to the spiritualist church again as that George has left now as he got caught by his wife for going with another woman at the spiritualist church behind his wife's back and there is a nice person running the spiritualist church now,so we are going back .

I think its wrong fort those priest to even consider that Mary was raped by a roman soldier,after all there supposed to be preaching about Jesus the son of God,I mean if these preists dont beleive it then some people in there church might start doubting,thats why me and Deanna are finished with that church.We firmly beleive that Jesus is the son of God,i wonder have any of you ever heard about this so called lie abut Mary being raped by a roman soldier.

Love and God bless   love juditha

IP Logged

carl

Re: My priests doubt Jesus is the son of God
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 8:50pm

Juditha. That story has been going around New Age circles for years. I've even read it in several books. I think even David Icke subscribes to it or he believes that Mary Magdalene was Jesus's wife and they had a child together, spurning a whole tribe of descendants to this present day. Don-Berserk could clarify this if he wished to add his comments. If that priest has really hurt you, then write a letter to his local Bishop about it. Sincerely. Carl and Family

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 10:07pm

Some time I might start a thread on the ancient version of Jesus' life circulated by His detractors.  One claim of that Jewish anti-Gospel is this: Jesus is the illegitimate son of a Roman soldier named Panthera and a hair dresser named Mary.  This slander is traceable to Rabbi Eliezer in 70 AD.  One modern cynic even claimed that the tomb of Panthera is probably the only authentic relic of the holy family!  

We can trace the charge of illegitimacy to Jesus' lifetime.  Hostile residents of Jesus' home town, Nazareth, are scandalized by the lofty claims people are making about Him.  They sneer: "Isn't this the carpenter, the son of Mary (Mark 6:3)?"  In a patriarchal culture, it is highly irregular to refer to a man as the son of his mother.  The townspeople are casting a slur on Jesus' birth.  In a heated exchange, Jesus' detractors chide Him: "Well, WE aren't born out of wedlock (John 8:41)!"  Their implication is once again that Jesus is illegitimate.

One can't expect Jesus' skeptical Jewish contemporaries to embrace the virgin birth.  In Jesus' day, skeptics and believers alike agree on one thing: Jesus' apparent father, Joseph, is not his biological father.  This consensus helps rule out the alternative that Jesus is naturally born through the sexual union of Joseph and Mary.  Of course, there can be no proof for a miracle as exotic as the virgin birth, although virgin births are not unprecedented in the animal kingdom.  Almost all secular Bible scholars dismiss the illegitmacy charge as the inevitable outcome of early Jewish vs. Christian polemics.  

Don

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 11:24am

Juditha,

I am getting so angry at your church that I think I cannot read your posts about these people any more !
What does your heart tell you? How could you doubt all you have received from JC. ?
IMO your priest is jealous that you have your own connection to Christ, separate from the priest's.

Grrr-rrr-rr! (to your priest) Tongue Angry

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 12:35pm

Juditha,

From what I can gather from your words, this is the compressed story: You have one opinion. He has another. You think it's wrong for him to have his opinion, but he's the bad guy? - Anyone going to that church can choose to hear his words, or not.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 1:46pm

Perhaps Juditha can have the opinion that the priest's opinion is a bad opinion.

Volu wrote on Feb 13th, 2009 at 12:35pm:
Juditha,

From what I can gather from your words, this is the compressed story: You have one opinion. He has another. You think it's wrong for him to have his opinion, but he's the bad guy? - Anyone going to that church can choose to hear his words, or not.

« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2009 at 8:15pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 2:29pm

Don--thank you for that interpretaton. I had never in my 59 years read that one! It amazes me that I continue gain knowledge as I approach the "golden years".

Judith--- Keep your belief strongly in your heart.  Don't judge too harshly those who choose to follow another path on the same road. We are all students on this earth. We learn and we teach.  Because of your outrage, I learned another theory about Jesus. My clostest "feelings" for Jesus is in his sacred heart. I have always believed that he represented pure, unconditional love, no matter what his biological background is. Mysteries are just that: mysteries. When we die and and pass onto our focus levels, our heavens, our paradises, ALL knowledge will be shown to us. Much love to you and your sister. -- Carol Ann

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #7 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 5:13pm

Recoverer,
"Perhaps Juditha can have the opinion that the priest's opinion is a bad opinion."

Yes, absoulutely, and probably a healthy measurement for one's path. But, argument because one's opinion makes you upset, and wrong to even consider, to me suggests one's trying to stop someone from having an opinion. This may of course not be the case, but that's what jumps out at me.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #8 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 5:14pm

Amen, Carol Ann!

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

carl

Reply #9 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 11:19pm

Berserk2 wrote on Feb 12th, 2009 at 10:07pm:
Some time I might start a thread on the ancient version of Jesus' life circulated by His detractors.  One claim of that Jewish anti-Gospel is this: Jesus is the illegitimate son of a Roman soldier named Panthera and a hair dresser named Mary.  This slander is traceable to Rabbi Eliezer in 70 AD.  One modern cynic even claimed that the tomb of Panthera is probably the only authentic relic of the holy family!  

We can trace the charge of illegitimacy to Jesus' lifetime.  Hostile residents of Jesus' home town, Nazareth, are scandalized by the lofty claims people are making about Him.  They sneer: "Isn't this the carpenter, the son of Mary (Mark 6:3)?"  In a patriarchal culture, it is highly irregular to refer to a man as the son of his mother.  The townspeople are casting a slur on Jesus' birth.  In a heated exchange, Jesus' detractors chide Him: "Well, WE aren't born out of wedlock (John 8:41)!"  Their implication is once again that Jesus is illegitimate.

One can't expect Jesus' skeptical Jewish contemporaries to embrace the virgin birth.  In Jesus' day, skeptics and believers alike agree on one thing: Jesus' apparent father, Joseph, is not his biological father.  This consensus helps rule out the alternative that Jesus is naturally born through the sexual union of Joseph and Mary.  Of course, there can be no proof for a miracle as exotic as the virgin birth, although virgin births are not unprecedented in the animal kingdom.  Almost all secular Bible scholars dismiss the illegitmacy charge as the inevitable outcome of early Jewish vs. Christian polemics.  

Don

Thanks Don. So much I don't know about the religion I was brought up to follow when as a youngster but abandoned as a teenager -  adult. Still, the search for truth I'm on now provides me with a great deal of fun and excitement, plus some knowledge of all or most other belief systems. Sincerely. Carl and Family

IP Logged

devayan

Australia
Reply #10 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 3:39am

the world is full of opinions....looking out from your being and seeking other opinions is very dangerous I feel.The only way is to go deeply within yourself and there to finally find the truth you seek.If you seek earnestly and deeply the Divine will give you the answers you are so desperately seeking .Look deeply within yourself and you will find what you are seeking.There are many voices rampant in the psychic universe.You were born with capacity to find your own truth.Find it in the silence of your own Being.You need no other source.The answer is always within the depths of your own Being.We  were born with that capacity.However the "world" somehow told us we had to seek without as the only source.. Just go in deeply into your own Divine source and you will find the understanding you have wanted for so long.Look within and earnestly ask for Truth..
LOve Devayan

Awareness is the Divine Key
oilyrag5608  
IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 1:23pm

I agree Devayan, it's very important for people to go within for truth more than concentrating on outer sources.  

But its not a black and white issue by any means.   There are times when outer sources play the role of catalyst for people.   There are times and situations when outer sources can act as a check and balance to ones own limited perceptions and beliefs.  When one is fully and always attuned to Source, then one can say rightfully "i need no other outer sources at all".

For example, say there are a bunch of what i would call good psychic sources, meaning which all have some repeating verifications and have a strong love vibe/emphasis to them, and they all say a very similar thing re: a particular subject or idea, but then self has a rather different belief and perception.  

Should one automatically change ones belief and perception because of the difference?    No, BUT such a discrepancy should at least make one more receptive to being open to the possibility that self could be off about said perception/belief.   One could more sincerely and openly seek an answer within self.

There is a certain arrogance in the attitude of "i'm only going to listen to self" when one knows, or should know that self is not completely and always attuned to Source and PUL and thus self contains and experiences distortion on various levels.  Distortions within, make for distorted perceptions of phenomena "without". 

Also, about going within.  To me, its not enough to just meditate, go OOB, or what not to get info.   Monroe did the latter for many years before he really started to clear up his limiting beliefs and perceptions.

It wasn't until he created and started using his affirmation which asks for help from helpful etc. sources, that he (and his explorers) really began to expand spiritually.

It's very important to go within by bringing up the feeling/perception/awareness of PUL and imo asking to attune only to the most creative, loving, and helpful sources there are within and without self.  
 I'm fairly "psychic" or rather more intuitive.  There have been times in the past wherein i went more within for info, but without using the above method and i got mislead.   This is because there are many nonphysical sources which out of ignorance or malice, would love to mislead a human, and i've been mislead--then there are own misleading, distorting--shadow aspects.  

Most times that i have sought for info in a helpful sense, especially towards others with no strings attached, my psychic accuracy and helpfulness is higher, but those times wherein i was seeking info out of shadow aspect tendencies then the info was inaccurate, misleading, and/or created inharmony for me.

This is so, so, so important to get.  Particularly with meditation because meditation is a process wherein one is opening self and selfs perception up.  One becomes more receptive during meditation.   Meditation in and of itself, is more "neutral" and so both ones inner/deeper motivations and intentions are very important, along with some kind of directed, conscious, positive intent like Monroe's affirmation.
 Greater receptivity requires greater discernment and discrimination both to self and to outer sources.  Meditation as seemingly taught by various Eastern belief systems, to me lacks because it promotes what i call "over right brainess" without the necessary predirection of conscious, positive intent and the balance of the left brain part of us.   Some eastern sourced meditation stuff that i read, seemed to say that one is suppose to have no thought during meditation and that the "void" is the goal--complete emptiness of self.   

Self can never be completely "empty", but more importantly self can choose to become very receptive and then to fill itself up with PUL, which then expands self to an all inclusive consciousness of at-One-ment with Source and all Creation.

Personally, i ask the CEO of this Universe--the Planning Intelligence aka Christ, to direct me of late--there are none more expanded in all the Universes than He for He is the original Retriever and Co-Creator with Source par excellence.   So far, so good.  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.