Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
world travel in the afterlife (Read 4974 times)
bird

world travel in the afterlife
Feb 12th, 2009 at 11:56am

unless i'm mistaken, i am under the impression that you can travel to anywhere you want after you die. anywhere on earth, and anywhere you can imagine you'd like to explore.

my sister just sent me an email about places to see before we die. this is something you hear pretty commonly. while obviously i want to see things during my life, what is really the purpose of such pursuits if it's all available to us in even more glorious form in the afterlife?

this is when sometimes i wish i didn't know about such things.

IP Logged

gordon phinn

Afterlife Knowledge Member

toronto, canada
Re: world travel in the afterlife
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 8:17pm

You are not mistaken, Bird, you can visit any astral plane version of any landscape/society on earth (astral Egypt, astral Mongolia, astral Hawaii etc), and with the greatest of ease too.  Many, however, in the worlds of the dead, retain their ethnic identities/snobbery/fears and don't do as much travel as you might expect.  They are happy with their little corner of heaven, with their extended families and religious groupings.
Many earthy character traits are continued in the afterlife.

I'd say travel as much as you can afford to while here, but know that what you don't manage can be visited later at leisure.

gordon phinn

bird wrote on Feb 12th, 2009 at 11:56am:
unless i'm mistaken, i am under the impression that you can travel to anywhere you want after you die. anywhere on earth, and anywhere you can imagine you'd like to explore.

my sister just sent me an email about places to see before we die. this is something you hear pretty commonly. while obviously i want to see things during my life, what is really the purpose of such pursuits if it's all available to us in even more glorious form in the afterlife?

this is when sometimes i wish i didn't know about such things.

IP Logged

carl

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 9:24pm

Bird, I was always under the impression from the books that I've read and the countless posts on all the various Afterlife and Astral planes forums, groups, websites, that you can visit Earth from the astral planes or focus levels, in your astral body(with or without spiritual permission?I don't know). In other words you are observing what's happening here on physical Earth in real life and time, kinda like Patrick Swayze with Demi Moore in that movie 'Ghost', and not some astral copy of somewhere on Earth way up there in the astral planes. Gordon Phinn, I'm not negating what you wrote, just what I have read in the majority of cases. I have also read what you have wrote and it may be the case also. Sincerely. Carl and Family

IP Logged

gordon phinn

toronto, canada
Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 10:48pm

Yes Carl you can do just that.  Many people do when obe at night, but the trick is remembering it the next day.

I've had lots of obe at night memories for years, but they are only partial and i have meditate to get the rest.

Carl and Bird:  a good book on travel in astral realms once "dead" is "Letters From the Light" by Elsa Barker.

gordon phinn

carl wrote on Feb 12th, 2009 at 9:24pm:
Bird, I was always under the impression from the books that I've read and the countless posts on all the various Afterlife and Astral planes forums, groups, websites, that you can visit Earth from the astral planes or focus levels, in your astral body(with or without spiritual permission?I don't know). In other words you are observing what's happening here on physical Earth in real life and time, kinda like Patrick Swayze with Demi Moore in that movie 'Ghost', and not some astral copy of somewhere on Earth way up there in the astral planes. Gordon Phinn, I'm not negating what you wrote, just what I have read in the majority of cases. I have also read what you have wrote and it may be the case also. Sincerely. Carl and Family   

IP Logged

bird

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 10:24am

Gordon thanks, as always, for this information.

The only thing that troubles me with having this knowledge about what happens when we die is that I find myself not being able to relate to a lot of the familiar adages relating to life - such as "places to see before I die." Or conversely, the feeling of those who enjoy the rock and roll that they will never get to see Led Zeppelin play live. Is it true that whatever we missed out on in life can be experienced in the afterlife?

This knowledge doesn't make me feel like I want to lead any less of a productive life, because I understand that these experiences are important for my spiritual growth. And perhaps that's the answer right there. Even though I can do most things and then some in the afterlife that i could on earth, perhaps the purpose is to experience them as a human being, since all experiences help you to grow and learn something.

And as far as not seeing Zeppelin, well, it's just cool that this might be rectified after I die.  Cheesy

Robin

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 11:17am

Greetings Robin-bird,

Apparently my celestial family is a bit more strict than many I've heard of, but I've been told to not put my Will before the group's.  They have plans for the immediate 'future' that my part is set for and do not want to be detained while i play 'tourist.'

Maybe it's because I'm old and closer to pasing over than you. Maybe if I'd told them earlier that I wanted some R&R time for travel between incarnations, we'd have worked out a mutually satisfying schedule.

Hey, maybe in some cases they want you to build a stronger willpower so they'd be happy if you chose your own schedule in the afterlife.  -- It's probably al different. I should erase this post.  Smiley

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

bird

Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 11:21am

so wait - let me make sure i understand this. so your celestial family as informed you that you will have little time after you pass before you are required to incarnate again? i thought that was entirely up to you?

IP Logged

gordon phinn

toronto, canada
Reply #7 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 6:48pm

Robin: hi;
yes, that's a part of the challenge of understanding the implications of eternal life; not being able to identify/sympathize with the attitudes of others enmeshed in physical life.
But it's no reason to retire form participating in whatever you can comfortably manage; just know that you can fit in the rest later on. And certainly there's endless amounts of music to be heard over there; all the arts are well covered.

gordon

bird wrote on Feb 13th, 2009 at 10:24am:
Gordon thanks, as always, for this information.

The only thing that troubles me with having this knowledge about what happens when we die is that I find myself not being able to relate to a lot of the familiar adages relating to life - such as "places to see before I die." Or conversely, the feeling of those who enjoy the rock and roll that they will never get to see Led Zeppelin play live. Is it true that whatever we missed out on in life can be experienced in the afterlife?

This knowledge doesn't make me feel like I want to lead any less of a productive life, because I understand that these experiences are important for my spiritual growth. And perhaps that's the answer right there. Even though I can do most things and then some in the afterlife that i could on earth, perhaps the purpose is to experience them as a human being, since all experiences help you to grow and learn something.

And as far as not seeing Zeppelin, well, it's just cool that this might be rectified after I die.  Cheesy

Robin

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #8 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 8:04pm

Hi Robin,

My family's comments to me are probably based on some errors I made recently--replacing the plans we had together with my own willfulness.
Our interactions up there are so immersed in love that I'm sure whatever happens will be a concensus of opinion. 
Don't worry about it.  Smiley

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

carl

Reply #9 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 11:41pm

Thanks Gordon. I'll look out for that book in the second hand market. Sincerely. Carl and Family

gordon phinn wrote on Feb 12th, 2009 at 10:48pm:
Yes Carl you can do just that.  Many people do when obe at night, but the trick is remembering it the next day.

I've had lots of obe at night memories for years, but they are only partial and i have meditate to get the rest.

Carl and Bird:  a good book on travel in astral realms once "dead" is "Letters From the Light" by Elsa Barker.

gordon phinn

carl wrote on Feb 12th, 2009 at 9:24pm:

IP Logged

ultra

Reply #10 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 2:42am

Hi Bets,

Why erase your post?

For what it is worth, here are some things I have heard that may be helpful.
It is certainly not for me to know or determine whether this applies to you or not, but I mention it if you wish to consider.
First of all, some beings regardless of "spiritual status" or development simply like to "go out fast".
They don't like to linger and they skeedaddle...

Also, consider - It is said that a real spiritual Master has no "personal" will of his/her own because their surrender to God is complete, total. As far as seekers go, as they become more spiritual, and part of the very definitiion of this means increasing surrender to God's Will. This is usually scary to the ego or personality centered being, and why plenty of opportunity is given to experience the consequences of the limitations of the small self's will in ELS as a precursor to this surrender which cannot ever be forced. Most go in this direction only after seeing the futility of following the ego with the subsequent inevitable suffering in ELS. Few see the wisdom of this surrender approach from the outset and begin the process out of pure devotion and oneness.
Anyway....
Surrendering to higher and more aggregated "Being" may mean progressively less and less delay when exiting the physical in oneness to the necessity of greater totality of being which is represented by the "higher heavens" (higher disk reality?).

The more advanced, the more surrendered to God's Will, it is possible that as new assignments "pressure" the soul, the less necessity to continue in experiences that parallel or substantially duplicate the recent Earth life. More advanced souls do not tend to stay around close to physical reality for long after death as they are more conscious, more aware of the relative values and necessities within the death process; are more and ever increasingly surrendered to God's Will, they are no longer interested in ELS experience residue (ie: form/outer appearance), such as represented by human needs, resentments, sentimentality, physical plane attachments, sense enjoyments, etc.,  because they want to "go to God" ASAP.

The real seekers have been dealing with these type of issues constructively and inwardly already in their physical plane life anyway as part of their "program" of probabilities for that life, so there is not necessarily any practical need to continue in the same human/Earth forms.
They usually go relatively quickly to higher worlds where they assimilate (ie: content/meaning) their Earth experience and prepare for new experience/assignment, which in some cases may be sooner rather than later as in, Hey, when you get the call, you got to go. Or as Mississippi Fred MacDowell sang, "Oh when the Lord gets ready, you got to move".

Contrary to this which is explored and spoken of much here - would be that case of the being attached strongly to repetitive experience within "lower vibration" physical and hence the need to have longer periods of closer-to-earth post mortem experience with of course the possibility of getting stuck.

Others have already said similar things. Just adding the proverbial 2 cents.

- u

« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2009 at 3:54am by ultra »  

"What the soul sees and has experienced, that it knows; the rest is appearance, prejudice and opinion."
   - Sri Aurobindo

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #11 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 4:44pm

Thank you, ultra,

What you've said rings true. I guess I've heard or read bits of your outlook but never saw it put together so well.  Thank you.

I just didn't want bird-Robin to worry. She will be well -pleased with her experiences !   Smiley

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.