Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
facebook (Read 1109 times)
bird

facebook
Feb 11th, 2009 at 9:10pm

so does anyone think that facebook is raising people's level of consciousness? whomever i talk to thinks that the great thing about it (despite its obvious flaws) is how it fosters an environment where everyone can feel connected to each other, even to people you haven't seen or heard from in my years.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Re: facebook
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 10:06pm

I guess it depends on the intents and motivations.  "connection" doesn't always automatically mean or translate to "spirituality" or raising of consciousness.  

For some, connecting with others is based more out of love.  For others, connecting with others is based more on attachment, which ultimately relates to fear, perhaps the closest opposite of love there is.
 For most, there is a mix of sorts.  Or you could just say, love in its various degrees of non PUL form.  

Pure love, or PUL, is based around total all inclusiveness wherein no one being becomes more important or special to you than another.  What we see on Facebook is what i call "Venusian love" which is based more on the harmony of Like attracts, begets, and likes Like, and is a more limited love than PUL.  

Most groups are more based on Venusian love than any other kind.  Yes, the world could use more Venusian love as well, but what will really heal it in the end, is PUL.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.