Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
guides on the other side (Read 11340 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: guides on the other side
Reply #15 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 5:28pm

I believe that much of what Justin said was both accurate and not purely subjective; perhaps my own theory which synthesizes known reported interactions on different planes might help (I'll try).  

Swedenborg, one of Don's heroes (or former hero?) gave specific examples he saw, where if a person in a hellish plane were spontaneously elevated to a higher heaven, he/she would "see nothing," whereas Swedenborg goes on to say that for a loving spirit to descend into hellish planes, the loving spirit risks much, as their thinking becomes clouded with bestial thoughts.  Prolonged stays then on the hellish plane are not possible.  This "up" and "down" cosmology is consistent then, as is what follows:

In other words, the stuck person can not look to a higher plane and see anything meaningful, and if the loving spirit descends for too long a time on the lower or hellish planes, they risk being spiritually overtaken - spirit is, afterall thought.  The spiritually advanced being might need to "lower his/her thought" to the level of the appropriate hell for only brief periods of time.

Beside Swedenborg, I know of at least two other sources that agree with this interactive cosmology (other than Moen/Monroe).  I imagine that there are certain individuals with the fortitude to descend without getting caught up themselves in the hellish thinking, but perhaps not many.  

Now take we the incarnate.  Apparently, many stuck individuals keep their attention on their former earthly plane.  If we use our imagination or meditation to make contact, in general we don't seem to take the spiritual risk that those on higher spiritual planes descending seem to take.  

For these reasons then, it seems perfectly clear why, retrievals may be better off done by incarnate humans than by guides.  

M
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2009 at 7:28pm by DocM »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #16 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 5:45pm

Related to what Doc wrote, if a spirit had to extend its entire self to a lower realm, it might have a problem. If it extends just a small part of itself, it probably isn't that difficult to cleanse its energy.

Consider how it is for me when it comes to lower realm retrievels and having spirits run through my energetic system so they can be cleansed.  After and while such an activity takes place spirit energy is run through me and cleanses me. Sometimes the energy level I experience while this takes place is quite intense. It is like having a powerful force move through you. I experience some of the negative energy that is cleansed. Once the energy pushes past my crown chakra the negative energy is gone, and I feel love and peace. Sometimes when the energy gets real strong, I have to focus my attention so I feel love, peace, faith in myself, faith in the light, and my connection to the light. Often this energy feels quite positive. It is a matter of how much negativity needs to be cleansed, and what I'm used to.

I figure that if I can be cleansed in such a way, then so can higher level beings.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #17 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 6:13pm

Don wrote:  "I too am troubled by some of Robert Bruce's claims, but not as much as by Robert Monroe's implausible reincarnation memories during his OBEs (e. g. his prior life as a pilot in a flying machine dodging spears hurled by cave men).  Robert Bruce's "Astral Dynamics" is far superior as a analytical work than Monroe's trilogy.  The current state of astral research is so embryonic and flawed that I have to make hard litarary choices."  

Recoverer (Albert) responds: "I see a difference between what Robert Bruce claims and what Robert Monroe claimed.  My best guess is that Robert Bruce made up stories such as his Sai Baba story, being given a sword to kill demons with and his possession story, in order to build up a reputation of his being some sort of super adept. The Robert Monroe stories that Don is critical of (the cave and spear thing, getting tested as a potential priest, the W.C. Fields alien thing) do nothing to make Robert Monroe seem as if he is some kind of spiritual rock star.

Regarding the W.C. Fields thing, I don't have a hard time believing that story, because I've seen that friendly spirit beings have a sense of humor, and sometimes like to present themselves in a comical way. It is also possible that this experience was simply a symbolic way of telling Robert Monroe that different races of beings share all kinds of information including humor. Why not humor?"
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2009 at 8:58pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #18 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 12:44am

To substantiate my previous response to Don, I found this excellent passage from E. Swedenborg's Heaven and Hell:

"Since the union of the heavens through inflow is accomplished by the Lord alone, the greatest possible precautions are taken to prevent any angel from a higher heaven from looking down into a community of a lower one and talking with anyone there. The moment this happens, the angel will lose intelligence and wisdom. The reason needs to be stated. Every angel has three levels of life, like the three levels of heaven. For the ones in the inmost heaven, the third or inmost level is opened and the second and first are closed. For people in the intermediate heaven the second level is opened and the first and third are closed; and for people in the outermost heaven the first level is opened and the second and third are closed. The moment an angel of the third heaven, then, looks down into a community of the second and talks with anyone there, the third level of that angel is closed; and when it is closed the angel is deprived of wisdom because her or his wisdom dwells on the third level, with none on the second and first.

This is the meaning of the Lord’s words in Matthew:
Let those who are on the roof not come down to take what is in the
house; and let those who are in the field not turn back to take their garments.
(Matthew 24:17–18)
And in Luke:
Let those who are on the roof on that day while their belongings are in
the house not go down to get them, and let those who are in the field
not turn back to what is behind them: remember Lot’s wife. (Luke
17:31–32)

There is no inflow from lower heavens into higher ones because this goes against the design. Rather, inflow is from the higher ones into the lower. The wisdom of angels of a higher heaven surpasses the wisdom of angels of a lower one by a ratio of thousands to one. This is also why angels of a lower heaven cannot talk with angels of a higher one. In fact, when they look in their direction they do not see them; their heaven looks like something cloudy overhead. However, angels of a higher heaven can see people who are in a lower heaven, though they are not allowed to carry on conversations with them, to prevent them from losing their wisdom, as already mentioned.  The thoughts, the affections, and the conversations of angels of the inmost heaven are wholly beyond the perception of angels in the intermediate heaven because they are so transcendent; but when it pleases the Lord, they are visible in the lower heavens as something flamelike from the higher one, while conversations in the intermediate heaven are seen as something shining in the outmost heaven sometimes as a bright, iridescent cloud. The lower angels can to some extent tell what the higher ones are saying from the way the cloud rises and descends and from its form."

What is truly amazing about this hiearchical structure and rules discored hundreds of years ago by Swedenborg, is the correlation found with today's explorers like Monroe and Moen - who come from a completely different background.  The correlation of these divergent sources gives much of the "proof" Don asks for as to why retrievals by incarnate humans may be necessary, and why heavenly guides could not do the same thing.

Matthew

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #19 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 1:58pm

Related to what Matthew just wrote, here's something that Dannion Brinkley wrote in his lastest book "Secrets of the light."

"However, I paid little attention because just looking at them (lower realm spirits) caused my vibration to slow to a rate that matched theirs, which was very uncomfortable for me."

He wrote later on.

"During my encounter with this mystical region, what captured my attention first was the way the thick, slow moving energy zapped my strength. It left me feeling weak and anxious.  Then I was abruptly overtaken by the uncomfortable presence of countless souls milling nearby. They seemed caught in a vicious repetition of recycled depression, dejection, and desperation."

« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2009 at 8:16pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #20 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 8:44pm

I have to add, I don't believe that what Swedenborg wrote is completely accurate.  Once a soul gets to the point where it can live according to love and light, there is no way that it's going to get corrupted just by looking at a lower realm.  It might pick up some negative energy, but it will have enough inner strength to not be corrupted by this energy. I've seen my fair share of unfriendly spirits and have had spirits cleansed through my energetic system, and it didn't corrupt me.  I figure that light beings are in a better position than me.

Once we have the wisdom and heart to choose light over darkness, that's it.

I figure there's more than one thing that Swedenborg said that isn't accurate.  For example, that business about how when male and female spirits marry each other, they merge together, the male half takes on the role of intellect, the female half takes on the role of volition, and the female half no longer thinks.

What the heh? I don't know of anybody else who has come up with the same viewpoint. It sure don't make sense to me.  I figure that either our souls have no gender at all, or they are both male and female. Plus, are volition and thinking actually separate from each other?

Bruce Moen's afterlife accounts don't accord with what Swedenborg claims, because according to Bruce, spirits who made there way out of a lower realm do return in order to help out.

Some sources state that higher level spirit beings surround themselves with protective energy fields when they enter lower realms.  One time I was shown how light beings go into lower realms in a symbolic way. They take a shower before they enter the realm, and they take a shower after they leave it.  Going by previous messages I've received, taking a shower was a way of saying being protected and cleansed, depending upon whether before or after visiting a lower realm is addressed.

IP Logged

carl

Reply #21 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 1:15am

Great thread guy's. Please keep it going as I'm learning so much...My question is. At this point I basically know what guide(s)are. So, when I asked the question on how our guardian angel figures in all this on another astral planes website/forum a few years ago, I got the answer from one of the regular posters that our guardian angel is appointed by God, via his angelic hierachy, to protect our personal and unique individualized soul. I did not ask any further questions then. I'll ask them now, only one. Why does our soul need protection? Sincerely. Carl and Family

IP Logged

ultra

Reply #22 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 2:10am

Hi carl (and family),

I am no authority on angels by any means, but according to my understanding here is a possible answer to your question:

The immortal soul per se does not need any protection as it is completely and permanently identified with its Divinity/God and is immortal, eternal, indestructible - therefore it needs no protection. We use the term "soul" loosely to identify an individual being as a colloquialism, and it is probably the best way to speak of a human being since it speaks of the "most important" element in the life which is the individualized portion of the Highest.

What does need protection is the human being on the physical plane who is immersed in Ignorance, usually oblivious to God's Will, who's consciousness is primarily identified not with its own soul's directives/suggestions, but generally with the superficial demands of the ego, mind, the body, the "lower" emotions, etc., and is mostly not aware of the reality of the soul which often stands behind the life, supportive but not "assertive" while all this is going on.

Guardian angels may and do guide and protect someone who has limited, little or no awareness of their own "highest self"/soul/God within them. Their own soul may be more in touch with these angels than the soul's own instrumental being on the physical plane and the angel acts like a proxy for the soul.

Also, if someone is a genuine devotee with a well established connection to a great spiritual Master like the Christ, Krishna, Buddha, etc., it is possible that the Master may take direct responsibility for the life of the devotee, removing the need for any intercession by angels or other beings of benevolent service.  

Praying for protection and offering sincere gratitude strengthens these connections and helps to facilitate receptivity and further protection and awareness of the divine Grace and Compassion.

Hope this is helpful.

- u

"What the soul sees and has experienced, that it knows; the rest is appearance, prejudice and opinion."
   - Sri Aurobindo

IP Logged

carl

Reply #23 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 1:51pm

Thanks Ultra for your explanation. I was under the impression, most probably falsely conjured up from various read sources, that the purity of the soul itself could be tainted or blackened by negative guides or forces, resulting in a soul condition that was extremely difficult or impossible to revert back to its original state. Sincerely. Carl and Family

IP Logged

ultra

Reply #24 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 10:46am

Hi Carl and Family,

Some further thoughts and comments...

According to my understanding it is not true that the soul can be tainted in any way. The soul which is involved within the human being is the "direct representative" of the Highest, an individualized portion of God and as such is eternally pure, perfect, immortal, and fully irrevocably aware of its Divine Nature. It is just that "people" are generally not conscious of their soul which is above, beyond, and yet at the same time within and supporting the play of life in the Ignorance of physical existence while other lower parts of the being temporarily dominate - and that is where people can get into trouble. That is why any practice or attempt to increase awareness of the soul's reality in the life, which might be a good definition of spirituality - is important.

In some popularly held beliefs it is "the soul" that is seen as corruptible but this is not really possible. These beliefs seem to refer to the triple lower nature - the mind, body, lower emotions of the "personality" of human beings, which at some point in the development can be mistaken for the soul, particularly in a dualist conception where an unbridgeable division is seen to exist between Divinity and the physical world, including human life.

Physical life is itself rooted in a condition of Cosmic Ignorance or Nescience perhaps contributing greatly to origin of the dualist conception. Perhaps also related, this Cosmic Ignorance in which beings are not intrinsically aware of their innate Divinity is sometimes speciously referred to as "original sin".

This Cosmic Ignorance of physical plane existence is really just an aspect of Divinity in the process of evolution and not a separation from it. It is the soul which is the individual seed of the Divinity's own growth, self-discovery, realization within the physical plane being, and becoming.

Unless and until this lower nature which is temptable, corruptible and innately veiled from Truth is illumined and transformed by the gradual evolution of the soul's light within the lower nature, it is possible for the being to enter into further and/or prolonged darkness, but rest assured - this is not the soul's doing, nor is the soul corrupted by this process.

- u
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2009 at 12:47pm by ultra »  

"What the soul sees and has experienced, that it knows; the rest is appearance, prejudice and opinion."
   - Sri Aurobindo

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #25 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 11:13pm

IMAGINARY DIALOGUE WITH A GUIDE:

I find myself in an inky void. It is peaceful.  I mentally try to summon a guide.  A presence soon responds, but it is hard to know how long it took because time seems to have a different flow over "there," if it still exists at all.  When my guide arrives, I mentally ask if I can pose a few questions.  My request is granted.  I ask if it is OK to be a man-for-others in the astral realm.  Guide: "What do you mean?"  Don: "Can I ask questions in behalf of others who would like to explore in this way, but cannot for various reasons."  Guide: "Fire away."  Don:  "Is it possible to explore and establish new protoculs for retrievals?  Can I be directed to trapped spirits whose identity can be determined and checked by obituaries or some other means?"   Guide: "Your perceptual skills may not be adequate to gain such clarity."  Don: "I just asked if this goal is worth pursuing."  Guide: "If you want to do retrievals, you just have to trust that your guides are directing you to the right cases for your current level of development."  Don: "OK, but why can't that ever include information that might lead to obituaries (e. g. name, date and place of death)?" I receive a rote, but it takes a while to unravel it.  When I succeed, I realize that the guide has informed me: "The cases we select are based on how prepared spirits are for retrieval.  Spirits are located in planes according to like attracts like and their energetic-make-up must be adjusted to be compatible to the higher plane to which  they are being retrieved.  This takes planning and several preparatory visits to the retrievees.  Retrievees must be selected through this process, not to satisfy your need for proof."  Don: "But I just asked you if I can function over here as a man-for-others and you said, 'yes.'  I'm not asking that every case lead to an obituary, just some cases."  Guide: "No can do!"  Don: "You're just saying that because you are merely a figment of my imagination, aren't you?"  Guide: "Well, I am a part of your I-There."  Don: "Ah, just the astral jargon I might expect.  I now realize that this is just a lucid dream about astral exploration.  My unconscious is establishing roadblocks to verification because it doesn't want the realism of this state to be discredited.  It demands that I respect the illusion."  Guide: "Bingo!  But you are drawing a false distinction between astral states and lucid dreams.  Both states are variations of the same astral conditions."  Don: "That's a bogus distinction and I have more constructive things to do with this state than perceive your double-talk.  I think I'll create a romantic fantasy instead."  Guide: "OK, have it your own way. Enjoy!  Hope to dialogue with you again."  Don: "Duh!"

I have reposted this from my earlier thread.  Replies to my post here have ducked two key issues: (1) the obvious possibility that guides and retrievees can often (not always) provide clear-cut verifications; (2) The obvious fact that loving guides would press through the problems and dangers in retrievals simply because so few incarnate humans are available and open to their possible role in helping with retrievals.  I will elaborate on (2) later.

Don
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2009 at 12:15am by Berserk2 »  

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #26 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 11:44pm

Hi Don,

I have never had the pleasure of meeting my guides, but I'm not sure the imagination method can be employed with them for the purpose of verifications.

My understanding of guides is that they provide their help via circumstance and synchronicity - if we are able to recognize it while incarnate.  Seldom is there conversation, as if that were part of the communicative restrictions.  I could be wrong about this.....

With regard to speaking with a guide about getting verifiable information, I understand your post.  However, I wonder whether all of our specific information is available from stuck mental planes.  I know this sounds like a cop out, but I had a vivid dream while asleep last night, and I wonder what I would have said if quizzed on my address, date of birth etc. in the dream.  I'm not sure that I would have come up with even half of the requested information, though i feel like I might have.  That is the weird thing about altered mental states.  They are self consistent, but sometimes not logical. 

Matthew

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #27 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 12:42am

Matthew,

I am thinking of Robert Monroe's detailed conversations with his astral guides and Robert Bruce's OBE conversations with loved ones returning to visit (retrieve?) their newly arrived relatives in a spirit hospital in lower planes.  Interestingly, visiting parents can recall no significant details about their home astral planes, but their memories of their newly arrived children seem clear enough to assist in their retrieval.  But how can discarnate parents retrieve loved ones and bring them to astral home planes that they can only vaguely recall?  Sigh!  

Swedenborg, among other astral adepts, implies but does not articulate the following scenario.  Earth memories become dormant in the higher planes to help souls focus on their new educational process.  But periodically God restores parts of their earth memories for constructive self-reflection.  During these phases of past life recall, contact with earthly loved ones might be possible.  It's as if astral memory is temporarily suppressed to make room for dormant earth memories.  Perhaps the parents bring their dead children to more highly evolved helpers who can descend to lower planes wiithout memory impairment.  

When I have time, I'll peruse all the astral conversations with guides reported in this site's retrieval section to determine whether they provide guidelines to subjects that can and cannot be brought up by astral explorers.

In my lucid dreams, I feel bright and alert, but upon awakening, I realize how stupid my dream self really is.  For example, when I was dining at an astral MIT with my old friend Ralph, I felt the need to confirm that it really was Ralph.  I still haven't been able to verify his death!  In the dream, I poked Ralph's chest sharply with my finger and encountered a hard, fleshly chest!  He smiled as I concluded that this was the real Ralph.  Of course, my poke merely confirms the possibility of touch sensations in the dream state.  I was too dumb in my dream to ask Ralph telling questions that I could verify.  Oddly, a nearby outdoor cafe has virtually the same name as a real outdoor cafe at MIT!  I was unaware of any such cafe there! If retrieval guides can do no better, I'd conclude that they are merely lucid dream constructs.

Don

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.