Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A cleansing, revitalizing, nutritious food. (Read 2140 times)
Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

A cleansing, revitalizing, nutritious food.
Jan 30th, 2009 at 2:22am

I've mentioned this food combo a couple of times here and there.  It originally comes from the "Lemonade" diet, but has been tweaked according to preference and to making it healthier. 

Original lemonade diet involved mixing fresh squeezed lemon juice with water, some maple syrup, and some cayenne pepper. 

Instead of just using maple syrup as a sweetener, i use either a combo of unsulphured blackstrap molasses, a little maple syrup, or raw, less filtered honey, and/or some Stevia extract. 

Since many people in todays age (and especially in American society), including myself, have sugar issues of one kind or another, i believe its important to cut out as much sugar as possible, even less refined sugars like maple syrup. 

But, organic unsulphured blackstrap molasses is an extremely nutritious substance.  It has high amounts of iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and one B vitamin.  Nutrition wise, its far beyond any other more natural sweetener out there.  Problem is that it's strong tasting, and an acquired taste for most.  And even too much of that is not a good thing, because it still has a lot of sugar in it. 

This is why supplementing with Stevia, the safest no calorie/sugar sweetener out there, is important. 

So, take 1 large organic lemon, or 2 small org. lemons, and squeeze the juice of same into a large glass (at least a 12 ounce glass).  Into that mix 1 teaspoon of unsulph. org. blstp. molasses, a teaspoon (slightly less is preferable) of either org. grade B maple syrup OR a teaspoon or slightly less of unheated and less filtered honey, a few drops or so of liquid Stevia (depending on the kind you get), a pinch of Cayenne and a lot of filtered/more pure water, and stir.  A pinch of "Real salt" can also be added, especially when using for fasting.

This recipe is great for fasting for it helps to alleviate hunger somewhat, and it speeds up the detoxing process by powerfully alkalizing the body.  Yet it is highly nutritious.   Btw, vitamin C when taken with Iron, helps one to absorb Iron better, and so lemon juice with blstrap molasses is a great combo for that. 

If not using during a fast, its very important to wait awhile after a meal (2 to 4 hours depending on type(s) and amount of food taken) before drinking this, or when drinking it before a meal wait at least 30 mins. or so before eating the meal (if the meal has a lot of starch or dairy, then wait a little longer).

Lemons and its juice is very acid in its natural state, but when digested under proper and optimal conditions (as outlined in the above), it is a powerful alkalizer (primarily because of the high levels of potassium and magnesium, with a decent amount of calcium--all of which are highly alkaline forming minerals that remain partially in the digested "ash").   

After drinking this, i either brush my teeth or rinse with a lite baking soda/water solution in order to neutralize the intense acid which can actually break down teeth!

Some recommend drinking a lite baking soda/water solution to help alkalize the body, but by far this tweaked lemonade recipe/diet is far superior and much more helpful on many levels than the former.  The former provides no nutrition to speak of, though it does help to adjust the important alkaline-acid balance in the body.  Also, baking soda has a lot of sodium, which too many bodies get too much of already.

The latter is one of the most life promoting/revitalizing recipes that i've yet come across.

An excellent cleansing day besides fasting would look something like this:  in the morning have the tweaked lemonade diet,

in the afternoon have a large salad of mostly leafy green veggies, maybe some avocado on top and perhaps with a slice or two of sourdoughed and/or sprouted Spelt bread or a brown rice tortilla (with some org. butter or plain organic low fat yogurt spread on either),

and then for dinner have some baked, sauteed, or steamed Tempeh (especially good when first marinated) with some veggies or some Quinoa with some plain organic, lowfat yogurt drizzled on top, and some veggies mixed in with some mix of Kelp, real salt and cayenne or tumeric to taste.  I always like to throw in a little garlic to most foods as well. 

In between meals, some herbal teas like Rooibos, chamomile, mints, Tulsi, etc.    Or some home Kefiered Goat milk. Or maybe the egg yolk--ale/beer mix.  And always plenty of fresh and clean water, but never too much at the same time of a meal; best a little while before or after a meal and in small quantities when near a meal.

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Re: A cleansing, revitalizing, nutritious food.
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2009 at 9:07am

Thanks for that really great post, Justin. Also wanted to say, drinking a little organic apple cider vinegar in water is a good way of helping the Ph balance. For people who are plagued with bladder infections, drinking this as soon as a symptom occurs immediately can stop the infection cold in its tracks without the use of antibiotics. Adjust the amount of cider vinegar according to the ferocity of the infection onset. Better than cranberries by far. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: A cleansing, revitalizing, nutritious food.
Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2009 at 11:04am

Hi Justin,

I'm a great fan of your 'concoctions ' and have added several to my weekly/daily diet.  Cheesy

But re: this molasses drink --  I cannot imagine the flavor.  Tongue?  Could you describe it abit, please?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.